[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Herb must go
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
3/22/2005  8:54 PM
Thanks! I just call them how I seem them and with Herb lately I am not seeing much.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/22/2005  9:12 PM
I think Herb is the same coach Chaney was, he gets the team to compete and play hard, but he just does not have the playbook or the tactical talents to finish out games.

Remember how many close games we lost with Chaney after leading? Same trend here, as well as with Lenny, in all the cases, bad coaching is the difference in crunch time.

Some of the blame has to go to Marbury, he is really not a coaches extension on the floor as a real PG should be, he needs to be directed specifically on what to do, thus his indecision in crunch time, or at ends of quarters.

Our worst play is when we have under 24 seconds left in the quarter and the ball, all we do is iso Marbury top of the key. Can't we at least run some kind of play? Why do we give up a pocession w/out running a single play and just have Marbur play street ball and jack up any kind of shot? Coaching, is very important in any kind of cluth.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/22/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by simrud:

I think Herb is the same coach Chaney was, he gets the team to compete and play hard, but he just does not have the playbook or the tactical talents to finish out games.

Remember how many close games we lost with Chaney after leading? Same trend here, as well as with Lenny, in all the cases, bad coaching is the difference in crunch time.

Some of the blame has to go to Marbury, he is really not a coaches extension on the floor as a real PG should be, he needs to be directed specifically on what to do, thus his indecision in crunch time, or at ends of quarters.

Our worst play is when we have under 24 seconds left in the quarter and the ball, all we do is iso Marbury top of the key. Can't we at least run some kind of play? Why do we give up a pocession w/out running a single play and just have Marbur play street ball and jack up any kind of shot? Coaching, is very important in any kind of cluth.

I think the difference with Lenny and herb is that Lenny coached well enough to keep us close and then developd alheimer's in the last 2 minutes constantly. Herb seems to manage this team much better because we have bigger leades going into 4th quarters we just don't seem to have a leader on the floor with the killer instinct to finish an opponent off (not meant to be a knock on Steph, but that is just the way it is...This season I have never seen the best player on a team utterly refuse to take the big shot as much as Steph has this season!).
~You can't run from who you are.~
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/23/2005  9:03 AM
Three comments on this subject....1) I do believe that we have guys on our squad with the killer instinct, but they are just affraid to step up...Marb is an excellent finisher, he just has to turn the 4th quarters as his sanctuary...he needs to be smart in the first half by getting his boys involve, but come the second half, particularly the 4th quarter, he needs to take charge...He should be the one taking the last shots of every game, not passing on shots like he has been doing.....2) Herb is doing a much better job with what he has, granted that he has a little more talents at his disposal than Lenny had...Herb has postup players around which helps facilitate a much more balance game...He can go inside out, while Lenny had more perimeter players around....Lenny really never tried to establish the inside out game....he always seemed to have the wrong players in his rotation.....3) Herb is getting a lot of props from elite guys from the NBA, last night, the guys at TNT said a lot of nice things about him....Isiah's best partner (Magic) endorsed Herb, he even sent a little message to Isiah by asking for Herb to be hired permanently.....
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
USA
3/30/2005  8:33 AM
Herb is pissing me off. He continues to use the regulars while we have no chance at winning. 40+ minutes for Marb and Kurt while youngins: Areza, Butler, Sweetney are not getting any play. We are not going anywhere this season anymore, Herb I know that you are fighting for a job, but you would do this organization a lot of good by using our youngins. We need a good 1st round pick, so help us out.
joec32033
USA
3/30/2005  8:34 AM
I think what's gonna happen is when we are mathmatically eliminated then the kids will get some run.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/30/2005  8:37 AM
Posted by joec32033:

I think what's gonna happen is when we are mathmatically eliminated then the kids will get some run.
I dont think so. I think Herb will keep playing the main guys so that he can make his win/loss record look better for next year.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
diderotn
USA
3/30/2005  8:40 AM
Exactly...

Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by joec32033:

I dont think so. I think Herb will keep playing the main guys so that he can make his win/loss record look better for next year.
joec32033
USA
3/30/2005  8:51 AM
Zeke will see right that. The plan seems to be playoffs first, development second. Under Herb it is obvious Sweetney has regressed. look, if Herb was really worried about winning, would he have benched Jamal for 11 minutes in the second half because he didn't play D? There are articles about it in the post and the news.

I don't think Sweets is earning his time, and TT may be being showcased, Ariza has already shown what he can give us (which is coincidentally, the exact same things Pietrus would give us, but I digress that is another thread).
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/30/2005  8:56 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Zeke will see right that. The plan seems to be playoffs first, development second. Under Herb it is obvious Sweetney has regressed. look, if Herb was really worried about winning, would he have benched Jamal for 11 minutes in the second half because he didn't play D? There are articles about it in the post and the news.

I don't think Sweets is earning his time, and TT may be being showcased, Ariza has already shown what he can give us (which is coincidentally, the exact same things Pietrus would give us, but I digress that is another thread).

not even close. pietrus will give us a lot more including 3pt shooting and the obvious super athletic wing player and superb defender. not even close man.

plus we would have to trade for him because he's not a free agent.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/30/2005  9:03 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

not even close. pietrus will give us a lot more including 3pt shooting and the obvious super athletic wing player and superb defender. not even close man.
I agree. Ariza is athletic and good defensively but Pietrus is more polished. He is also a better shooter. Pietrus can be our SG of the future.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
joec32033
USA
3/30/2005  9:06 AM
To keep this thread about Herb, I created an Ariza-Pietrus thread.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/30/2005  11:26 AM
Good coaches win close games
sorry, but I have never seen a statement I couldnt disagree more with. Good PLAYERS win close games. Everyone in the NBA has talent. The average margin for victory in the NBA is what? 2 baskets? Just about every game is "winable" for either team at some point late in the game. The teams that win the most are ones that have the best players.

How can this be lost? Great teams have great players that impact the game on both sides of the ball. We dont have that kind of player. We have one guy that can be on offense but is inconsistant and at times has lost us games at the FT line.

This is a personel issue.. if you dont see it your making excuses for the players. Coaching is about 5% at best. There is always another team trying to stop what your doing. If they are better than you then there's a pretty good chance they are going to do just that and win.

Please... this isnt a talented team. On top of that what talent we do have is hurt by the fact that we have no style of play. Thats personel also.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Herb must go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy