[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Herb must go
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
3/19/2005  9:33 PM
With the Knicks season hanging by a thread and the team down by about 8 points at the end of the 3rd quarter who does Herb send out to start the 4th? Crawford, Ariza, JYD, Rose and Mo Taylor. Is he kidding me? It is now a fifteen point Heat lead and there are 8 minutes to go. If Herb doesn't realize that group can't put the ball in the basket after the other night fourth quarter meltdown against the Sonics then I don't want him coaching our beloved team.
Get a feel Herb. Also this group is being outhustled. Doleac looks like the best player on the floor.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/19/2005  9:38 PM
its called the Mo Taylor factor. Why Herbs keeps putting him in I don't know. The man doesn't know too much basketball! he doesn't know the current players in the league!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/19/2005  9:44 PM
after every loss it's blame the coach time.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
rojasmas
3/19/2005  9:49 PM
Well. after the eight minute mark when he finally put the regulars back in, the lead was cut to 10 from fifteen in two minutes. I am just asking to give the team a fighting chance. If he wants to sub, don't make everyone sit at the same time. The only starter who started the 4th quarter was Crawford. With Shaq also sitting starting the 4th quarter it was time to make hay and cut into the lead. Herb missed that.
gunsnewing
USA
3/19/2005  9:55 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Well. after the eight minute mark when he finally put the regulars back in, the lead was cut to 10 from fifteen in two minutes. I am just asking to give the team a fighting chance. If he wants to sub, don't make everyone sit at the same time. The only starter who started the 4th quarter was Crawford. With Shaq also sitting starting the 4th quarter it was time to make hay and cut into the lead. Herb missed that.

exactly what happened in the 1st half and during the seattle and miami collapses at home!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/19/2005  9:57 PM
how many minutes did Mo T play? you guys speak as if he'd logged 30 minutes tonight while playing horribly.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/19/2005  9:57 PM
This thread is stupid.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/19/2005  9:59 PM
LOL!!! This is classic! Where are the "Mo Taylor is a baller" threads? Was anyone watching? The Heat are 100 times more talented. THIS is why we need a high lottery pick, not a first round sweep by the Heat. Maybe we could actually draft a player like Wade instead of get smoked by him.

Wake up and smell the talent
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/19/2005  10:13 PM
watch him get a 2 year extension
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
3/19/2005  10:22 PM
Posted by TMS:

how many minutes did Mo T play? you guys speak as if he'd logged 30 minutes tonight while playing horribly.

and the 6mins per half tha he played we went from being down single digits to being down by 18 in a matter of 1-2mins! go back and look at my game updates and you'll see what happen as soon as Sweetney went out and Taylor came in!

he went 1-7 from the field! every time he forced a shot and missed a Miami big came back and scored on him!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/19/2005 22:30:21]
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/19/2005  10:30 PM
The whole team sucked tonight, it's not like anyone player was at fault...that was one of the worst game si have seen them ALL play totally lifeless....

Craw had flashbacks with alot of bad shots
Steph looked like he was thinking about the PR mami's after the game
Sweets and KT weren't even the best PF's on the floor (Haslem will strike it rich)
Wade was the BEST player on the floor by EONS!
Shaq utterly dominated. The hardest work he did was run back to the defensive end after he scored.
The defensive rotation as a whole sucked (why is it we always hire coaches that avoid playing a zone like the plague?)
The wole offensive flow seemed like a 1 on 4 all night. Or a jump in the air and I hope someone catches it when I throw it off the backboard philosophy.
On one sequence with KT and Sweets, I think, O'Neal got his own rebound like 3 times! WTF!?!?!?

IMO, we had alot bigger problems than just Mo Taylor being on the floor.

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/19/2005 22:31:42]
~You can't run from who you are.~
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/19/2005  10:38 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

This thread is stupid.

pretty much there is already a stupid thread abotu Mo Taylor.....Mo hasn't been playing. Sweetney is the one that has been playing and not producing enough.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
USA
3/19/2005  10:43 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Allanfan20:

This thread is stupid.

pretty much there is already a stupid thread abotu Mo Taylor.....Mo hasn't been playing. Sweetney is the one that has been playing and not producing enough.

I don't know man 10 & 7 in only 22mins is pretty damn good. He is the least of our problems. How about the fact that we don't have a center and both our guards are horrible perimeter defenders!
joec32033
USA
3/19/2005  10:47 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Allanfan20:

This thread is stupid.

I don't know man 10 & 7 in only 22mins is pretty damn good. He is the least of our problems. How about the fact that we don't have a center and both our guards are horrible perimeter defenders!

I see it differently...I see it as Sweets is doing nothing to markedly distance himself from a pack of JYD, Rose, and KT of deserving markedly more minutes than any of them...
gunsnewing
USA
3/19/2005  10:51 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Allanfan20:

This thread is stupid.

I see it differently...I see it as Sweets is doing nothing to markedly distance himself from a pack of JYD, Rose, and KT of deserving markedly more minutes than any of them...

Today going up against Shaq but there's no reason why he shouldn't get over 30mins against other teams since he's going to be part of the future and hurts us the least financially!
joec32033
USA
3/19/2005  11:00 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Allanfan20:

This thread is stupid.

Today going up against Shaq but there's no reason why he shouldn't get over 30mins against other teams since he's going to be part of the future and hurts us the least financially!

My point is these young guys should do something to earn this playing time...As much as I like Sweets and Ariza, I am not a total advocate of just playing them because the don't deserve it. I want them to have to work to get better. Sweets seems stuck in Neutral, he doesn't realize he needs defense in his game too, he's has made absolutely no progress on D at all, and his lapses on D are hurting us as much as his getting to the fouline (and BTW, I DO NOT like seeing him take 15 foot jumpers, no matter who is guarding him) helps us.
rojasmas
3/20/2005  4:13 PM
This thread wasn't about Mo Taylor. He was just one of five on the floor at the wrong time. The thread was about Herb's lack of feel in substituting during games in the last two weeks. We should have beaten the Sonics and Heat at home and Herb contributed majorly to our losing those games. Last night we would have lost anyhow when it was all said and done but he again screwed up in the fourth quarter. Where the heck are his assistants at least? He relates well to the players but I don't know if that is enough to get him this job next year. I would rather have someone else.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2005  5:54 PM
We should have beaten the Sonics and Heat at home and Herb contributed majorly to our losing those games.
Why? Why should we have won? Both those teams are so far superior to us its not even funny. Seattle is the NBAs best road team. The Knicks are 10 games under .500

Wake up and smell the talent here.... This Knick team has more flaws that positives. We went 16-13 with the weakest schedule in the NBA, and had numerous blowout losses.

The margin for victory isnt much in the NBA, but the good teams win and the bad ones lose. Thats sports. Football is the only sport where shoulda woulda couldas hold any water becuase there are so few games. Bottom line over 82 games is the cream always rises to the top. The Knicks are mud.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rojasmas
3/20/2005  9:25 PM
We should have won because we had a lead starting the fourth quarter and even with 2 minutes and less than two minutes to go in the game. Good coaches win close games, they run certain out of bounds plays, they run isolations. And good players get the ball in their hands. Marbury doesn't help matters by not wanting the ball in these situations.
gunsnewing
USA
3/20/2005  9:32 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

We should have won because we had a lead starting the fourth quarter and even with 2 minutes and less than two minutes to go in the game. Good coaches win close games, they run certain out of bounds plays, they run isolations. And good players get the ball in their hands. Marbury doesn't help matters by not wanting the ball in these situations.

damn i really like you buddy! you're good..I like the way you think!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/20/2005 21:36:52]
Herb must go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy