[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

G options for Isiah to pursue this summer?, Which is most realistic? most ideal?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/14/2005  10:39 PM
Posted by TMS:

yeah, i agree...i'd be happy if we ended up w/either him or Warrick w/our lottery pick.
(i don't see Bogut as a realistic option anyway)

[Edited by - TMS on 03/14/2005 22:24:50]

the problem is I think Taft goes to GS and Warwick is a top 6 pick. If we are 8-9-10, Im thinking trade down and see if we can get 3 solid picks. We have a lot of needs and we have a lot of older players. We could use a good restocking. If we could trade , lets say pick 8 to Boston for picks 16+17, I would do it.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/14/2005  10:53 PM
of the guys stated i like...
larry hughes
bobby simmons
joe johnson
raja bell
[in that order]
--draftees--
deron williams <--HE was the only one still fighting toward the end of the syracuse game the other night. he hit some key shots to keep them in it, but the lack of effort brought a lose. i like his handle, passing, and the fact that he's 6'3 and can play the off guard.
BRIGGS
3/14/2005  11:33 PM
Posted by daddynel:

larry hughes
bobby simmons
joe johnson
raja bell
[in that order]
--draftees--
deron williams <--HE was the only one still fighting toward the end of the syracuse game the other night. he hit some key shots to keep them in it, but the lack of effort brought a lose. i like his handle, passing, and the fact that he's 6'3 and can play the off guard.

Deron Williams plays for Illinois. I think you are talking about marcus williams who isnt in this draft.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/14/2005  11:37 PM
Bell would be real nice. He would be relativley cheap and would bring everything this team needs on the perimeter like defense, hustle, engergy, and consistant 3 point shooting.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/14/2005  11:47 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by daddynel:

larry hughes
bobby simmons
joe johnson
raja bell
[in that order]
--draftees--

Deron Williams plays for Illinois. I think you are talking about marcus williams who isnt in this draft.
oops! yeah, well him.
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
3/15/2005  3:50 AM
Well although I have to admit that I like Granger and Warick too our priority right now is the Center position (The Five). Having said that there's one other Center prospect that has not been mentioned and that's Johan Petro (7'0" 240 19 years old). He moves exceedingly well for someone his size. I could see him making the same move around Bogut with ease.... http://www.johanpetro.net/site.php?lg=_GB (click on the video clip).

I wish there was some way we could get Petro, Andray Blatche (6'11" 230), Flip Murray as a free agent signing and sign senior John Lucas III as a free agent to backup Marbury (he's that good).
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/15/2005  9:18 AM
Right now I would look to see what we can get during the offseason for both Sweetney and Crawford....Neither of the two has shown the commitment to get better.....Crawford is not a very good player he takes bad shots, is very weak and can't guard anyone, and is out of control....and he is not that young...he has been in the league for a while now.....Sweetney is really out of shape he needs to lose a tremendous amount of weight to be a player in this league... can he do it?......Could the nuggets have interest in moving nene (as our center)

If you want to go long term....if I am Isiah, which i'm not because i would think logically in the offseason.....

I would sign Pietrus, to our full mid-level exception.......

He is 19, is athletic and can fly and has good range from the outside, by the time he is 22 he may be an all star

Draft Hakim Warrick, he can play the 3, he is long an agile, can run the floor and jump....

Use the one of the two picks on Jarret Jack, if and only if quality bigs are not available or look into a high school kid that is raw athlete but he needs to be of size.....If Taft falls really late try to trade up and work with him, but under no circumstances do u draft him, he can't dominate against 6'9 college kids that are not going to the NBA.......

Let Tim and Penny expire, if you can get elton brand by packaging Sweets with one of them do it, otherwise let them go.....

What is happening is a slow construction of the old Knicks, defense: Pietrus, Ariza, JYD, ROSE, THOMAS, Warrick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2005  9:32 AM
MS, I like your post a lot with one exception - I wouldn't trade Sweetney. We still lock him in at rookie rates for the next 2 seasons (isn't there a 4th year option?). He's like our Curry or Kwame - since we have him cheap let's see what we can do with him for a full 4 years and then boot him if we''re not happy. it wouldn't have made sense for Chi or Wash to have given up early on their guys while they're still under rookie contracts and the same thing goes for Sweetney. The potential upside is still too high and I don't see us getting equal value back at this point.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2005  9:38 AM
so Piertus is a free agent? He's definitely my choice for the MLE. Guy plays amazing perimeter defense and is a great athlete and puts up big numbers as a backup!

I dont think Denver would ever trade a center like Nene for another PF.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2005  9:50 AM
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Pietrus is not a FA next year guys.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
3/15/2005  10:14 AM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:

Well although I have to admit that I like Granger and Warick too our priority right now is the Center position (The Five). Having said that there's one other Center prospect that has not been mentioned and that's Johan Petro (7'0" 240 19 years old). He moves exceedingly well for someone his size. I could see him making the same move around Bogut with ease.... http://www.johanpetro.net/site.php?lg=_GB (click on the video clip).

I wish there was some way we could get Petro, Andray Blatche (6'11" 230), Flip Murray as a free agent signing and sign senior John Lucas III as a free agent to backup Marbury (he's that good).

i really don't know enough about petro or Blatche to make any informed decision, Im guessing that nobody here dos. Im not against anything[well most things, I think taking a PF would be dumb or like reaching for a player who is questionable or using the pick to trade for a player older than 28] The one thing that i would like to see with ANY foreign player is his ability to dominate games where he plays. I think the Darko/Skita thing is enough to scare me off of almost anyone UNLESS they were producing numbers--like Pau Gasol, Luis Scola etc... I want to see some results or I don't want to draft them. Just because a guy is 7 foot doesnt guarantee them anything--think Diop. I want to see this 7 footer play with passion, aggresion and with skills and average something in the double -double dept or darn close to it. these guys who average 4 pts 2 reb and have soft labels around them dont do it for me. Its an invitation for a bust.
I don't mind a foreign guy, but he has to be proven.

I've read a lot about blatche, Ive seen two clips where he seems like he has some really good skills, but a clip is very tough to guage anything on.

Im pretty sure guys like Hakim and Taft are long gone before we draft.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/15/2005  11:07 AM
My choices with guys in the league are:

1-Hughes (He is only rated higher because he may be easier to get, IMO)
1-Maggette
Joe Johnson
Simmons
Antonio Daniels
Rush
Bell

Those in the draft are:
Joey Graham
Jack
Gilchrist

I am alot more familiar with the big men in the NBA, I have never looked at guards other than the ones I listed.
~You can't run from who you are.~
BRIGGS
3/15/2005  4:47 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Maggette is my top choice. Athletic, well built SG who is a 20 pts scorer who can also rebound the ball, get to the line a ton and play decent D. Will turn only 26 next season.

agree on maggette, hes the only logical, realistic choice on the board and he's a relative bargain. it would likely cost us the pick ariza and sweetney however. perhaps a price isiah would pay.
RIP Crushalot&#128542;
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  5:05 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by VDesai:

Maggette is my top choice. Athletic, well built SG who is a 20 pts scorer who can also rebound the ball, get to the line a ton and play decent D. Will turn only 26 next season.

agree on maggette, hes the only logical, realistic choice on the board and he's a relative bargain. it would likely cost us the pick ariza and sweetney however. perhaps a price isiah would pay.

Corey is definitely a guy i'd trade Sweetney & Ariza for not sure about trading out pick since we could have a center like Splitter. I'll have to think about it. Then you could resign TT for less.

C-Splitter
PF-Simien??????
SF-TT
SG-Maggette
PG-Marbury

Any chance Maggette can be had for just Sweetney & Ariza and maybe the 2 late 1st rounders????

I wouldn't trade the #1 this year, sweetney & Ariza for Maggette. He's not that worth it..its not like we're getting Jordan. We'll still have KT playing C or PF and we will still be mediocre even with Corey. We need to use this draft to settle the Center position for years. Someway somehow...

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 17:08:54]
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/15/2005  10:37 PM
TMS this has to be the most ridiculous topic you ever came up with (and you have been around a while).

Here we have the shortest, the weakest defense, a lame status coach,
and in dire need of leadership and all you can think about is a pg or sg, like thats some primary position on the to do list.

I thought we handle that last off season with the signing of crawford, or aquisition( however you want to put it).

Has it ever dawn on you that we have the weakest front court ( at least one of the weakest) in the nba, but have the 3rd best back court duo in the NBA.
ES
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  10:59 PM
Crawford is not a SG. He can't shoot consistently and he can't defend a lick at 6'5'' 185lbs. He is a great 6th man however who gets 30mins as backup PG & SG. We still need a big SG but you're right Center is the primary concern and has been since Ewing left.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

TMS this has to be the most ridiculous topic you ever came up with (and you have been around a while).

Here we have the shortest, the weakest defense, a lame status coach,
and in dire need of leadership and all you can think about is a pg or sg, like thats some primary position on the to do list.

I thought we handle that last off season with the signing of crawford, or aquisition( however you want to put it).

Has it ever dawn on you that we have the weakest front court ( at least one of the weakest) in the nba, but have the 3rd best back court duo in the NBA.

dude, you might not have noticed but Allan Houston is NOT going to be coming back anytime soon...if you think Isiah's not thinking about filling that G position in the offseason you're kidding yourself...where in my thread did i say that this was our #1 priority? you of all people should know i've said time & time again that addressing the frontcourt is the #1 issue facing Isiah...does that mean i need to start thread #982776 discussing a topic that's been talked to death on this board? let's get some different discussion going on here, or am i not allowed to post on topics that you don't deem to be important on this forum?

i think 3 pages of others commenting on this topic pretty much tells me it's worth discussing.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/15/2005 23:06:03]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  11:08 PM
anyone who thinks this team is just a center away is crazy. You still need perimter defenders which we haven't had since Spree and Starks before him. And I'm also the first to say how Center is the most important position when trying to win a title!
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/15/2005  11:19 PM
Actually, I just find that the timing of this topic to be a litte awkward when the tallest guy on our team is 6 9" and shoots jump shots.

That silly idea of a 3 guard rotation in the east is dead, with webber, sheed, shaq, wallace, oneal, j oneal ect, ect. the east is clearly becoming a bigger and better eastern conference. Why sit up here and talk about a bunch of non defensive playing 2gs unless were getting a post up player to come along with him. Every trade we suggest should have some one over 6 10 that has some kind of post up move or potential.

I don't really have to much of a problem with the topic it's the timing, and proposed trades thats being mention.

Allan Houston...I don't know what the hell is up with him, and neither do we, the coaching staff, IT, Dolon, and allan himself. The dude is a question mark if i ever seen one.
ES
gunsnewing
USA
3/16/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

Actually, I just find that the timing of this topic to be a litte awkward when the tallest guy on our team is 6 9" and shoots jump shots.

That silly idea of a 3 guard rotation in the east is dead, with webber, sheed, shaq, wallace, oneal, j oneal ect, ect. the east is clearly becoming a bigger and better eastern conference. Why sit up here and talk about a bunch of non defensive playing 2gs unless were getting a post up player to come along with him. Every trade we suggest should have some one over 6 10 that has some kind of post up move or potential.

I don't really have to much of a problem with the topic it's the timing, and proposed trades thats being mention.

Allan Houston...I don't know what the hell is up with him, and neither do we, the coaching staff, IT, Dolon, and allan himself. The dude is a question mark if i ever seen one.

Yes we need a Center. Anyone can see that and have since Ewing left. But there's more to it then that. You need at least 1 good perimeter defender because every good team has an inside threat and a perimeter. We need a big SG who can be psychical with his man, stay glued to him,put hands in his face and not allow them to penetrate.

Once we have a real Center and SG we will be a good team.
G options for Isiah to pursue this summer?, Which is most realistic? most ideal?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy