[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Something to think about
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/14/2005  10:10 AM
"Interesting Duke issues in Clippersland as Corey Maggette and Elton Brand have been shooting more, it was said, because each was afraid of not getting the ball back when passing to the other. A blast from coach Mike Dunleavy last week seemed to ease the tension, but the belief is one, probably Maggette, will be traded this summer as the Clippers try to land a shooting guard, like Seattle's Allen or the Suns' Joe Johnson, and move Bobby Simmons to small forward." Chicago Tribune

"Allen continued his free-agent recruitment tour Sunday in New York, where the rumors were the Knicks would try a postseason sign-and-trade of Jamal Crawford and Kurt Thomas for Allen. The Clippers supposedly would do Maggette and Chris Wilcox." Chicago Tribune

[URL=http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm]Hoopshype--Chi Tribune blurbs[/URL]

OK....LA shopping Wilcox and Maggette....We may be ready to trade Jamal.....I definately don't want Allan...I think would prefer Maggette by a large margin....what about a trade of

KT, Jamal, and our top first round pick for Maggette and Wilcox and Jaric from the Clips (Jaric is a FA at the end of next year)

Wilcox/Butler
Sweetney/Rose/Taylor
Ariza/TT/JYD
Maggette/
Steph/Penny

draft Jack and maybe Simien or a swingman who drops in the draft with our bottom 2 picks....
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2005  10:57 AM
i'd make that trade in a heartbeat, but i don't think the Clips do that deal unless they're getting back a verified star player, which they aren't in that trade...but who knows, maybe that lottery pick makes them pull the trigger?

i would LOVE to have Maggette in the backcourt w/Stephon, w/Ariza on the wing & Sweetney & Wilcox in the frontcourt...that would be a nice young nucleus to start our rebuilding with.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by TMS:

i'd make that trade in a heartbeat, but i don't think the Clips do that deal unless they're getting back a verified star player, which they aren't in that trade...but who knows, maybe that lottery pick makes them pull the trigger?

i would LOVE to have Maggette in the backcourt w/Stephon, w/Ariza on the wing & Sweetney & Wilcox in the frontcourt...that would be a nice young nucleus to start our rebuilding with.

that is not a bad deal at all, but Brand seems like a player that is easy to play with, if magetti is having problems with brand, then what about marbury? I also heard that magetti and Q. Richardson were having problems sharing the ball... after a while you have to look at corey and ask, what's going on......
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  11:03 AM
Except Herb would ruin it by playing Mo Taylor in the 4th quarter when we need defense to hold a lead!
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  11:05 AM
Posted by TMS:

I figure it this way....moving Jaric opens up a spot for a perenially rebuilding team to play their star rookie (Livingston)them having 2 mid lotto picks fits right along with the Clippers plan.

the Clips with somwhere around the 8 AND 10 picks can grab guys like a Taft and Graham, Simien and Warrick, they will be set for a while....I mean

Taft
Brand
Simmons
Craw
Livingston

looks like a decent team.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/14/2005  11:07 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Except Herb would ruin it by playing Mo Taylor in the 4th quarter when we need defense to hold a lead!

LOL!!

I love how you run the table when you get a hot hand, Guns!
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  11:08 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by TMS:

that is not a bad deal at all, but Brand seems like a player that is easy to play with, if magetti is having problems with brand, then what about marbury? I also heard that magetti and Q. Richardson were having problems sharing the ball... after a while you have to look at corey and ask, what's going on......

Brand has always been a Marion type where not alot of plays had to be run for him to score, IMO....now if he is demanding the ball that can be a problem....with Q I think the main problem was that Q and Corey played basically the same position and one of them was always out of position, The main problem is that they are all on a losing team. You don't hear Q complaining now that he is on PHX, and is 3rd option on offense...
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/14/2005  11:08 AM
I would LOVE to get Maggette and Wilcox...for KT and Craw? Where do I sign up? Corey is a legit 20 pts a game guy who can get 5-6 boards and 3 assists. He gets to the line at a ridiclous rate. And Wilcox is a more than adequate replacement for KT. Man where do I sign up? This would solve a lot of problems. Maybe we can make it a 3 way deal if they want Allen.
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  11:56 AM
VD...I tried to make it work as a 3 team deal....the salaries are so uffed that LA would have to give up so much in talent i doesn't seem to work for Allen...
VDesai
USA
3/14/2005  12:05 PM
joe...wouldn't it depend on how much Allen is resigned for?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

LOL!!

I love how you run the table when you get a hot hand, Guns!

lol still ca't believe we lost that game. different coach, different players, same ol Knicks!
TMS
USA
3/14/2005  12:10 PM
Allen is going to be asking for the max, i think it's fair to assume that he won't be getting significantly less than that in any deal...i think SEA can offer him as much as $95 mil over 6 years or something to that effect...i doubt the Clips would commit to such dollars for a guy who's not even a franchise level player when they already have Brand on the books for a huge chunk of their payroll.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  12:15 PM
Posted by VDesai:

joe...wouldn't it depend on how much Allen is resigned for?

Yeah...it would but Allen is making about 14 mil now.....a 6 yr 95 mil max contract is at almost 16 mil per year...he is asking for a raise and prolly won't be resigned for less than what he is making now.

I just think it wold be a fair assumption that he will be making at least what he is scheduled to make this year, and anything more than about 11 or 12 mil makes it VERY hard for LA to give equal money AND equal talent.
VDesai
USA
3/14/2005  12:17 PM
Okay, even so wouldn't Clips be under the cap next year? Especially with Kittles/Rebraca coming off the books. I realize they also have to sign Jaric and Simmons, but they will have some wiggle room to make a trade I think.
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  12:26 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Okay, even so wouldn't Clips be under the cap next year? Especially with Kittles/Rebraca coming off the books. I realize they also have to sign Jaric and Simmons, but they will have some wiggle room to make a trade I think.

True..I didn't think about that......I got to look into that..
TMS
USA
3/14/2005  4:03 PM
Posted by TMS:

Allen is going to be asking for the max, i think it's fair to assume that he won't be getting significantly less than that in any deal...i think SEA can offer him as much as $95 mil over 6 years or something to that effect...i doubt the Clips would commit to such dollars for a guy who's not even a franchise level player when they already have Brand on the books for a huge chunk of their payroll.

just read in another article that the maximum extension Allen can receive is for five years at around $97 million, but SEA's last offer was for 5 years at $70 million.
Something to think about

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy