[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

tie brakers for playoffs
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2005  9:05 PM
magic wins season series, so we must add one game in the standings because if we finished tied, they win 2-1 right now orlando has 4.5G +1=5.5 8th seed

Indiana season series 1-1 play them 2 more times games out 5 7th seed

Philidelphia 9 seed 1.5 games out of 8 seed. If three way tie between orl Ny and philly--philly will win on conference record indiana is behind philly for conference record by 1 game.

Ny has 9 games home remaining 13 on road

12 games against teams+.500
9 under .500

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/13/2005  9:10 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

magic wins season series, so we must add one game in the standings because if we finished tied, they win 2-1 right now orlando has 4.5G +1=5.5 8th seed

Indiana season series 1-1 play them 2 more times games out 5 7th seed

Philidelphia 9 seed 1.5 games out of 8 seed. If three way tie between orl Ny and philly--philly will win on conference record indiana is behind philly for conference record by 1 game.

Ny has 9 games home remaining 13 on road

12 games against teams+.500
9 under .500

sounds great!!! lottery here we come! make room for the Knicks!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/13/2005  10:00 PM
It's hilarious how easily NY fans' minds change from game to game. We lose in Orlando, it's official, we're lotto bound and we better start losing the games. Up comes the GS game, we win it and now we're right back in the playoff hunt.
It's seemed likely we would be in the lottery for some time now, but I think I'll stay in the playoff hype for a while. Too much fun.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/13/2005  10:09 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

It's hilarious how easily NY fans' minds change from game to game. We lose in Orlando, it's official, we're lotto bound and we better start losing the games. Up comes the GS game, we win it and now we're right back in the playoff hunt.
It's seemed likely we would be in the lottery for some time now, but I think I'll stay in the playoff hype for a while. Too much fun.

let them keep winning one at home and then losing one at home and then losing every road game and the playoff hype will be history. This was such a winnable game!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2005  10:12 PM
this game showed you we just arent there talent wise. It also showed that we do have some good players and are capable of playing solid team ball. I'm feeling pretty good. If we could get a decent pick in this draft and balance the roster a little I think we will be in decent shape.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/13/2005  10:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

this game showed you we just arent there talent wise. It also showed that we do have some good players and are capable of playing solid team ball. I'm feeling pretty good. If we could get a decent pick in this draft and balance the roster a little I think we will be in decent shape.

I agree, when you watch guys like ariza, sky for a rebound, make a steal, run the wing on a break, you say to yourself, if only we had a few more players like that, well that is what the knicks need, I am thinking that crawford would be a beast off the bench, and we could use another swing and a big, that will give us more talent, more youth and more size. But tonight we lost with mental errors late, TT lefe lewis and radmanovic open to double two guys who were well guarded by their men, stupid mistakes.. If anything this good play will make TT easier to move next year with his expiring deal..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/14/2005  12:03 AM
why did sweetney not play at all in the 4th? i think this is the 2nd game in a row that happened.

forget all the tiebreakers and playoff talk.

we need to be 2 or less games out as of april 1st to even have a chance. so let's just see where we are then.

in the meantime, give sweetney and ariza minutes. i mean seriously, WTF?
tie brakers for playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy