Draft: Pick our 2 first rounders
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/15/2005  1:46 PM
last thing I want is another
John Wallace, walter mcCarthy, Donte Jones situation. I'll take Splitter or Green anyday if they are there for us. Zeke will do the same. Unless those 3 guys you mentioned are 3 solid impact players

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 13:52:26]
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/15/2005  1:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

pick 8 to Boston for picks 16+17

pick 16 Danny Granger 6-8 225 SF
pick 17 Nick Fazekas 7-0 225 F/C
pick28 Vincent Grier 6-5 215 SG

That'd be a very solid draft if we can trade down. Kind of like trading Eddie Griffin for nice SF, a big man, and backup SG.....
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/15/2005  2:10 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

villanueva is not rated as a lottery pick on any draft site worth looking at. he has some talent but hes not a lottery pick (this year anyway).

I like with the first pick joey graham and the second I like Daniel Ewing. those are two guys ready to come in and play, and who can both play some defense. of course i would love bogut or someone like that but the knicks are not gonna pick that high.
Like what site NBADRAFT.NET. That site is so overrated. They usually have more bust in their lottery mocks than any other site. That's what you get for getting so hype up about a European kid dunking.

I would like see the Knicks take Gerald Green if he enters the draft. If not then I would take Johan Petro with the 1st pick because of his shot blocking ability he can play right now. With the second pick I would stay big and draft Blantche
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/15/2005  2:14 PM
Splitter is interesting. He's been on scout's radars for what, 3-4 years now? And he's still only like 20. Most of them rated him higher than Nene or Anderson. It appears Splitter has really worked on his post game this year and continues to make strides. I'd take him if available.
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  2:19 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by NYKfan1:

villanueva is not rated as a lottery pick on any draft site worth looking at. he has some talent but hes not a lottery pick (this year anyway).

I like with the first pick joey graham and the second I like Daniel Ewing. those are two guys ready to come in and play, and who can both play some defense. of course i would love bogut or someone like that but the knicks are not gonna pick that high.
Like what site NBADRAFT.NET. That site is so overrated. They usually have more bust in their lottery mocks than any other site. That's what you get for getting so hype up about a European kid dunking.

I would like see the Knicks take Gerald Green if he enters the draft. If not then I would take Johan Petro with the 1st pick because of his shot blocking ability he can play right now. With the second pick I would stay big and draft Blantche

Splitter is way higher than Petro in every mock draft you look at. I have no problem talking Petro if we have the 13th pick or so. But with a 7-9 pick i would take the better all around player in Splitter since he not only blocks shots like Petro he's as skilled as Pau Gasol offensively and plays D and blocks shots like Pau.

Green will be a top 3 pick when all is said and done imo.
Pharzeone
3/15/2005  2:19 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Dream Lineup of the future

C-Splitter
PF-Sweetney
SF-Ariza or another shooter with Ariza off the bench
SG-Piertus or Maggette
PG-Marbury

Oh yeah baby!!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 13:12:21]
I think that lineup is a huge downgrade from what the Knicks currently have.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by gunsnewing:

C-Splitter
PF-Sweetney
SG-Piertus or Maggette
PG-Marbury

Oh yeah baby!!!

Serious? You'd rather have KT than give someone like Splitter a try? You like TT over Reezy? You have Craw over Pietrus or Maggette? Why?
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  2:29 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by gunsnewing:

C-Splitter
PF-Sweetney
SG-Piertus or Maggette
PG-Marbury

Oh yeah baby!!!

then you are not a forward thinker my friend.

no hard feelings just that I have my reasons for believing that would be a good lineup and i'm sure some will agree. You problably don't know much about abiilities of Piertus and Splitter. You'll be seeing a lot of Piertus on Sportscenter. It started lastnight when he played great nailing Baron Davis on the bench because Baron plays 0 defense.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2005  4:02 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by BRIGGS:

pick 8 to Boston for picks 16+17

pick 16 Danny Granger 6-8 225 SF
pick 17 Nick Fazekas 7-0 225 F/C
pick28 Vincent Grier 6-5 215 SG

That'd be a very solid draft if we can trade down. Kind of like trading Eddie Griffin for nice SF, a big man, and backup SG.....

I'm just trying to stay with things that make sense.

Were likely to lose Penny and TT's contract comes up next year[so that is a ? until we see what he can do next year}, we need a big man who has real length and skills who we can give a bit of time to develop+ we get a BIG 2G who is an aggresive defensive player and actually has a game reminscent of Dwayne Wade who can score driving the ball to the basket. Each player is a two-way player.

I think we are better off finding a vet back up PG for now, perhaps through trade or FA.

Knowing isiah, if he does like the flashy elite type of athletiscm, he could just draft two high school players like Green and Williams[not a bad thought] and keep them in the pen and play with what we have and perhaps enhance the team with those ending contracts.

then again, we will probably trade the lottery pick and penny for michael finley and give the pistons the other pick for larry brown:>(
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2005  4:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

then again, we will probably trade the lottery pick and penny for michael finley and give the pistons the other pick for larry brown:>(

HA!

Stop being such a realist!
Pharzeone
3/15/2005  8:00 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by gunsnewing:

C-Splitter
PF-Sweetney
SG-Piertus or Maggette
PG-Marbury

Oh yeah baby!!!

then you are not a forward thinker my friend.

no hard feelings just that I have my reasons for believing that would be a good lineup and i'm sure some will agree. You problably don't know much about abiilities of Piertus and Splitter. You'll be seeing a lot of Piertus on Sportscenter. It started lastnight when he played great nailing Baron Davis on the bench because Baron plays 0 defense.
I could care less about how much ability a player has if it doesn't translate to the game. My #1 question to you is if Piertus is so great why wouldn't Warriors just keep him. Mullin is getting creamed in the Bay for letting Arenas go. 2nd Pietrus only averages 8.9 pts on a bad team. Ariza is putting up 6.1 ppg and doesn't get minutes.
Secondly, I don't know what Splitter's talent will translate in the NBA. I don't see how he will be better than KT in his rookie year. Hell, Dirk only average 3.0 points his rookie year. Besides,I am confident that Splitter is not Zeke's type of guy. I would like to see how Splitter will bang against more bulkier players than he is use to. My money is on Petro for the Knicks pick.
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  8:04 PM
Petro will not go in the top 10
Pharzeone
3/15/2005  8:47 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

LOL, I can you be so confident. Suppose a guy who was considered a mid 1st round pick had a great tourney run. Doesn't he move up? If he moves up then someone moves out. Hey if a GM who is selecting in the top 10 likes Petro over the so call guys on your mock boards. I bet my house he will take him there. And I will add this, if the Knicks decision comes down to Splitter verus Petro. I think Zeke will go with Petro, his type of player. A raw super athlethe.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/15/2005 20:49:59]
nykx17
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #792
3/15/2005  9:12 PM
We need a true center and then a SG/SF after that.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/15/2005  10:13 PM
I am really curious to see what Zeke will do with Kurt at the end of the season.....which team with a high first round pick who is need of a player like Kurt?????

Posted by gunsnewing:

The true Knickabocker..........
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2005  10:26 PM
Posted by diderotn:

I am really curious to see what Zeke will do with Kurt at the end of the season.....which team with a high first round pick who is need of a player like Kurt?????

Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't know what Houston has these days, but I bet they want Kurt.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:

i agree, they probably would be interested in KT, but who do they have that the Knicks would want? David Wesley maybe? you'd have to add in some filler from HOU to make that deal work though...Vin Baker might work as filler since his deal is expiring...they'd probably rather trade us Juwan Howard instead, but i'm not interested in taking on his longer term deal at this point when we already have Sweetney, Mo T, Rose & JYD on the roster.

a deal i would much rather do is Bobby Sura, Vin Baker & HOU's 1st rounder for KT & the Knicks' 2nd rounder.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/15/2005 22:59:06]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:

LOL, I bet Houston wishes they had Mo taylor back right now. OUCH! new starting PF either C weatherspoon or vin baker with Howard all but done.

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2005  11:02 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by martin:
Posted by diderotn:

Posted by gunsnewing:

i agree, they probably would be interested in KT, but who do they have that the Knicks would want? David Wesley maybe? you'd have to add in some filler from HOU to make that deal work though...Vin Baker might work as filler since his deal is expiring...they'd probably rather trade us Juwan Howard instead, but i'm not interested in taking on his longer term deal at this point when we already have Sweetney, Mo T, Rose & JYD on the roster.

a deal i would much rather do is Bobby Sura, Vin Baker & HOU's 1st rounder for KT & the Knicks' 2nd rounder.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/15/2005 22:59:06]

How about Spoon and HOU's 1st Rounder for KT?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/15/2005  11:08 PM
How about Spoon and HOU's 1st Rounder for KT?

no thanks...we don't need another PF who won't be seeing any playing time...at least if you can get Bobby Sura you address the need at the backup G position perfectly (he's a good defender, a good rebounder, can score & play both G positions well)...Vin is an expiring deal who can play some at C if need be & you get HOU's #1, which will probably be late 1st round.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/15/2005 23:09:07]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Draft: Pick our 2 first rounders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy