Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/14/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

joeC

Is your fantasy team tanking?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

I gotta start paying attention to that secondary UK league.....who woulda thought 5th place in a 14 team league is tanking?

Especially since Jamison has been out for the better part of at least a week...no matter, I'll make it up BP....
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  10:39 AM
Posted by MS:

Ennyspree Are you insane, seriously you are going to waste a pick a player that isn't even great in college he can't handle the ball has no range from outside, can't great his own shot, is not strong in the post, and is not mature

Jarret Jack would be a nice late pick, because he is gritty and tough and can play some point for us, Villaneuva is not an NBA player, Chris Taft is garbage he is athletic and 7 feet tall and can't dominate anyone.......

I still like Warrick he dominated in the big east and he rebounds the ball, getting 10 boards against the UCONN front line is pretty good, Wayne S, Garcia possible late, Frye reminds me of Loren Woods too much

Every1 says Warrick is this great player, he reminds me of a young Glen Rice type...He looks real thin, I would rather go for a center first and a solid backup/young/promising PG/SG/SF (I like Graham, after Fish pointed him out to me, Simien whe I think can be a Ron Artest of 2-3-4 player)so we may have options with Marbury later on. We have so many forwards that are locked in to contracts i would be better to upgrade our other areas and at least try to make use of the forwards we have...
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  10:44 AM
No matter how many PFs we have if Herb keeps playing Taylor to start the 4th quarter when we have a 5pt lead we will not win many games. The only way Taylor should be in there is if we're down by 20 and need instant offense!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/14/2005  11:10 AM
In a dream world we get Bogut and Granger with our picks.

Realistically we are looking at Petro and maybe Nate Robinson. I can't get a read on Petro...he sounds a little like the next Sam Dalembert, but also sounds a little like the next Olowakandi...
joec32033
USA
3/14/2005  11:23 AM
Anyone notice that everyone this Knicks teams has about 5 or 6 different perfect world drafts...all this tells me is that this draft is so deep that we will be getting good players if we draft, or that these picks we acquired may be alot more valuable than we all thought....no consensus #1 and talk of an age limit next year has everyone and their grandmother out in this draft...
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/14/2005  6:52 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by bigpimpin:

The Knicks need a power forward

How many power fwds do you want on the Knicks?.....as it is Isiah will most likey be trying to trade 2 of 5 the Knicks already have.

If anything Isiah will be looking to replace Penny, Timmy and Houston with youth regardless if they can be traded or not.

Picking up a center is also something that must be addressed.

rose, kt, mo taylor and jerome williams are not "power" forwards

the only true power forward the knicks have is Sweetney

in 3 years, when this draft pick is due, everyone mentioned above except Sweetney will be gone

and he may be gone if McDonald's keep asking him do he want that combo super-sized
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/14/2005  7:19 PM
Posted by MS:

Ennyspree Are you insane, seriously you are going to waste a pick a player that isn't even great in college he can't handle the ball has no range from outside, can't great his own shot, is not strong in the post, and is not mature

Who you talking about here? Charlie? The kid has seriously gotten better from year one.....He has post moves, he rebounds, block shots and he can put the ball on the floor. What's not to like? The kid is a legit 6'11". If he stays one more year he might become #1.

I think Warrick is overrated. The guy hasn't gotten better from year to year. He's still too skinny for the type of game he plays at the college level. What position will he play in the pro's? He doesn't handle enough and his post moves don't exist. I won't be mad if the Knicks got him but....what is he? Will he be a power fwd, small fwd, center?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
3/14/2005  7:50 PM
villanueva is not rated as a lottery pick on any draft site worth looking at. he has some talent but hes not a lottery pick (this year anyway).

I like with the first pick joey graham and the second I like Daniel Ewing. those are two guys ready to come in and play, and who can both play some defense. of course i would love bogut or someone like that but the knicks are not gonna pick that high.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/14/2005  8:19 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

villanueva is not rated as a lottery pick on any draft site worth looking at. he has some talent but hes not a lottery pick (this year anyway).

I like with the first pick joey graham and the second I like Daniel Ewing. those are two guys ready to come in and play, and who can both play some defense. of course i would love bogut or someone like that but the knicks are not gonna pick that high.

Daniel Ewing? That has got to be the first time I heard his name mentioned. He's gonna have to switch to point guard in the NBA.....He doesn't play like a point guard. Still is Daniel Ewing a first round pick?

Joey Graham has a nice body but in the only game i saw from him he was not really an impact type of guy. I'm not sold on him or Danny Granger just yet....both play inside in college but will have to swithc to the 3 in the NBA....

Why no love for Charlie?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/14/2005  8:28 PM
Danny Granger has a nice outside shot, (he's a 44% 3pt shooter), can set up his teammates and has a good enough handle. I think he's as pure a 3 as they come these days.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/15/2005  10:08 AM
I think the Knicks will be stuck in our current spot and will pick in the 7-9 range. If that is the case, my pick for the this first rounder is as follows... Fran Vazquez, Tiago Splitter, Chris Taft, Gerald Green.

For the late first rounder, this is my wish list...Channing Frye, Daniel Ewing, Fransisco Garcia, Rudy Fernandez.

I don't want to get move up on the draft. I am not totally impressed with Bogut to give that much.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/15/2005  11:40 AM
Has anyone watched Taft play, he sucks
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  12:04 PM
I agree. Stay away from Taft. He's too fugazy!

I like Splitter. Not just because he's Brazilian like me :>), but because he's really good and at 6'11'' he can put on about 10 pounds easily and become the franchise center we desperately need. He's currently listed at 6'11'' 236 lbs and only 20yrs old. He has all the makings of the next Pau Gasol. He might be gone by the time we pick around 7-13 but he might be there at around 7-9 like Nene was.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 12:05:18]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/15/2005  12:22 PM
pick 8 to Boston for picks 16+17

pick 16 Danny Granger 6-8 225 SF
pick 17 Nick Fazekas 7-0 225 F/C
pick28 Vincent Grier 6-5 215 SG
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2005  12:36 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I like Splitter. Not just because he's Brazilian like me :>), but because he's really good and at 6'11'' he can put on about 10 pounds easily and become the franchise center we desperately need. He's currently listed at 6'11'' 236 lbs and only 20yrs old. He has all the makings of the next Pau Gasol. He might be gone by the time we pick around 7-13 but he might be there at around 7-9 like Nene was.

Is his game similar to Anderson Varejo's? Does he have any lowpost offense? Are we gonna take him out for rodizio and caipirinhas?
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Is his game similar to Anderson Varejo's? Does he have any lowpost offense? Are we gonna take him out for rodizio and caipirinhas?

I don't know much about his game but I could go for a rodizio de carne con feijoada and lots of caipirinhas in Ferry ST. Newark right about now but then I will be way to numb to come back here and actually type about how big a mistake it was for Herb to play Jackson, Penny, Ariza, JYD, Taylor to start the 4th quarter
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/15/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I don't know much about his game but I could go for a rodizio de carne con feijoada and lots of caipirinhas in Ferry ST. Newark right about now but then I will be way to numb to come back here and actually type about how big a mistake it was for Herb to play Jackson, Penny, Ariza, JYD, Taylor to start the 4th quarter

LMAO!!!
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  12:55 PM
nbadraft.net

He sounds a lot like Pau Gasol more so than Nene since he can score inside and outside. He works hard on Defense. I really want this guy since Bogut is out of question! Let me change my signature again....

Strengths: In 3 years will surely be a top 5 player internationally, he has the typically strong Brazilian offense game. He's a scorer, and can shoot from everywhere on the court. He plays one-on-one very well, has nice moves around the basket where he usually finishes with power plays. He has excellent mobility and great foot work for a player his size. He already has more international experience than Nene and Anderson combined. His future is at the SF position, so you can imagine the troubles that a 6-11 guy can cause in this situation. It's possible that he is not finished growing!

Weaknesses: His body still very weak to play the PF position. He has problems defending stronger guys and playing post up on offense, has to improve his timing on rebounds and his patience on defense. His defense can improve a lot playing in Europe and his body will certainly develop.
-------------------------------------
OFFENSIVE SKILLS: A right-handed player with a great amount of technical and physical skills. His best virtue is his versatility. He can play in the paint where he has excellent agility and coordination and some developing post moves. He also has the ability to step out on the perimeter, where he has an acceptable medium and long range shot. He can handle the ball and take players off the dribble to the rim. However the team prefers him to stay in the paint, where he is playing more often.

DEFFENSIVE SKILLS: Tiago has a very intimidating body. He's a tough defender and is a good rebounder, on both sides of the court. He can block shots. He has great concentration while he defends and it shows that he has a good attitude while he defends and a mature player.

PHISYCAL CHARACTERISTICS: A very athletic player with well defined muscles, because of this he's physical both defensively and offensively. He is very quick running the floor on fast breaks.

WEAKNESSES: He has to improve his free, medium and long distance shot. He has to become better at finishing. Defensively he must control his intensity and not get into foul trouble.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 13:23:35]
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  1:01 PM
Dream Lineup of the future

C-Splitter
PF-Sweetney
SF-Ariza or another shooter with Ariza off the bench
SG-Piertus or Maggette
PG-Marbury

Oh yeah baby!!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/15/2005 13:12:21]
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/15/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

pick 8 to Boston for picks 16+17

pick 16 Danny Granger 6-8 225 SF
pick 17 Nick Fazekas 7-0 225 F/C
pick28 Vincent Grier 6-5 215 SG

I like the idea of trading down to get extra picks, but I would only do it if Vazquez, Tiago or Green is gone by the time we pick. I haven't seen Taft play and I am only going by the reviews online. Same with the 3 I just mentioned. Those 3 seems like a good pick for the Knicks.
Draft: Pick our 2 first rounders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy