[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Draft: Pick our 2 first rounders
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/13/2005  12:12 PM
According to the way all the draft sites say at press time.....

I'm hoping Charlie Villenueva with the Knicks early pick and Channing Frye with the late pick.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
3/13/2005  12:20 PM
Guess: Petro and Sheldon Williams
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/13/2005  12:36 PM
whats the deal with Channing Frye? can he be a decent player or will he be another Curtis Borchardt stiff in the nba? With that later pick I'd rather take a high-schooler or a foreigner with a lot of upside or a guy like Garcia if he drops. Who ever it is at least we know Isiah will draft a good player.

I can definitely see Isiah tsking Petro with the first pick. i'm anxious to see what he does in Rookie Camp. If he looks like a stiff against real competion then forget about him but if he dominates at his size take em!

Of course if the best talent available is a guard then Zeke might take him or even a SF.
JUNKyardKNICK13
Member: #877
USA
3/13/2005  12:55 PM
Or a talented PG...

My picks: Hakim Warrick (if avb.) and Garcia or talented PG.
I thought the sloagan was All Ball, not All Lottery.
gunsnewing
USA
3/13/2005  1:43 PM
Posted by JUNKyardKNICK13:

Or a talented PG...

My picks: Hakim Warrick (if avb.) and Garcia or talented PG.

we have a pretty talented PG in Marbury. and Jamal can play some PG too. What we don't have is a SG. If Zeke takes a PG then he is pretty much entertaining the fact that Marbury can be traded at any given time. I don't think it will be good for Marbury and most important of all it will never happen. Isiah will never trade Marbury unless he's getting a good player back but teams dont want Marbury until he proves he can finally win.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
3/13/2005  2:06 PM
if we can get garcia we have to take him, be I say keep away from anyone lacking fire regardless of talent. guys like taft. I don't care how talented they look, if they don't have the desire and toughness to play basketball at the lower levels, they don't belong on our team.

dream draft without trading up:

a lot of people are saying now that bogut will drop, cuz the bobcats are taking paul and a lot of the other will be looking for a franchise player regardless of how long they take. so guys like unpronoucable lithuanian and fran vasquez will go aheadof him. I think the only worry we have is from GS who don't need onything BUT a center. I mean were talking about a starting lineup of bdiddy, jrich, dunleavy(who I think is very underrated) murphy and bogut. geez!! but if he gats past GS, it think bogut will fall to us. and if as people are saying, that most gms think that garcia is too raw, hopefully we can pick him up with our late pick. if isiah can do that, I real will start believing in miracles.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
EnySpree

3/13/2005  2:41 PM
Who should the Knicks draft? You guys basically said Isiah coul ddraft any position......

Realistically?

Charlie Villenueva, Warrick, Taft, and your favorite swing man will all be available by the time the Knicks pick(that's if we don't make the playoffs).

I really like Charlie's ability to handle the ball. Since Anthony Mason I've always wanted a big man that can handle like him. Charlie is just as good on the perimeter as any small fwd in CBB. He also hits the boards and blocks shots pretty well. Plus the mofo is 6'11".

That second pick should be the most talented guy available.....hopefully a center but most likely a swing man.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
USA
3/13/2005  2:48 PM
I wouldn't mind a SF if he's the best player available but then we'd really have to hope that Ariza can be a starting SG which I don't think he will be because once he bulks up he will definitely be a SF or We better go out and get a real SG like stackhouse. I don't want to see Jamal Crawford and his 6'5'' 185lbs frame as our SG for years. I want him to be the combo guard of the bench for 30mins.
gunsnewing
USA
3/13/2005  3:12 PM
another fans assessment of Sheldon Williams:

Not too impressed with Williams
by ComStarX, 3/13/05 15:03 ET
Re: Redick and Williams busting by Dukeisback, 3/13/05
I'd want more athleticism. I think he'll struggle in the pros.

I think I agree with nyk4ever and ComStarX..i'm not impressed. Just because a guy can defend college players doesn't mean he will be a starter in the NBA if cant score. The only way guys like him become starters is if they develop a jumper like Oakley and KT and in today's NBA rugged guys who can shoot are a rarity.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/13/2005 15:51:24]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2005  3:48 PM
if we dont get the first three picks, ill offer both picks for Curry:>)
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2005  4:11 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

if we dont get the first three picks, ill offer both picks for Curry:>)
really its impossible to guage yet because we dont have the full data. look how much of an impact high school players have made in the draft+nba. number 1 we have to see where we are, number 2 we need a good look at some of the youngins.
RIP Crushalot😞
TLover
Member: #381
USA
3/13/2005  5:08 PM
If the Knicks keeps their picks then I would like to see either:

1st pick: Taft, Marvin Williams (if he comes out), or Villinueva.

2nd pick: Jarrett Jack (but I don't think he'll fall that far),
Andre Blatche
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/13/2005  9:10 PM
Charlie V is not a first round pick.

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
bigpimpin
USA
3/13/2005  9:11 PM
The Knicks need a power forward
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
gunsnewing
USA
3/13/2005  9:20 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

how about a Center primarily then a SG!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/13/2005  10:07 PM
I'm looking at either (without ideally trading up to around 17-20 with those 2 late picks...)

I like Taft, Joey Graham, Wayne Simien, or Petro with the first pick...

Jarret Jack, Gilchrist,or Villanueva with the second pick...

However if Zeke plays the longshot and thinks Hughes or Ray Allen (who I DON'T want) can be ours, I think he may trade down so he can grab a trio of Petro (If Taft doesn't slip to us at 6 or wherever), Simien(or Graham, or Villanueva), and Jarret Jack (or Gilchrist), not necessarily in that order.

Basically I am saying unless a big man worth a middle lotto pick slips to us, Zeke will trade down and acquire another pick to get players that are tough and fit our weaknesses.
~You can't run from who you are.~
bigpimpin
USA
3/14/2005  1:22 AM
joeC

Is your fantasy team tanking?

hahahahahahahahahahaha
EnySpree

3/14/2005  8:52 AM
Posted by joec32033:

I'm looking at either (without ideally trading up to around 17-20 with those 2 late picks...)

I like Taft, Joey Graham, Wayne Simien, or Petro with the first pick...

Jarret Jack, Gilchrist,or Villanueva with the second pick...

However if Zeke plays the longshot and thinks Hughes or Ray Allen (who I DON'T want) can be ours, I think he may trade down so he can grab a trio of Petro (If Taft doesn't slip to us at 6 or wherever), Simien(or Graham, or Villanueva), and Jarret Jack (or Gilchrist), not necessarily in that order.

Basically I am saying unless a big man worth a middle lotto pick slips to us, Zeke will trade down and acquire another pick to get players that are tough and fit our weaknesses.

I think this might come into play too.....Does Isiah think he can get Hughes or Ray allen? Larry Hughes might be the best shooting guard in the league this year at least. If Isiah feels he can get one of these guys then the Knicks options change.
Looking at Washington they might want to slide Arenas over to the 2 slot and move Steve Blake up....especially if they can get a player that they really want. Stranger things have happened......

EnySpree

3/14/2005  8:57 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

How many power fwds do you want on the Knicks?.....as it is Isiah will most likey be trying to trade 2 of 5 the Knicks already have.

If anything Isiah will be looking to replace Penny, Timmy and Houston with youth regardless if they can be traded or not.

Picking up a center is also something that must be addressed.
MS
Member: #724
3/14/2005  9:20 AM

Ennyspree Are you insane, seriously you are going to waste a pick a player that isn't even great in college he can't handle the ball has no range from outside, can't great his own shot, is not strong in the post, and is not mature

Jarret Jack would be a nice late pick, because he is gritty and tough and can play some point for us, Villaneuva is not an NBA player, Chris Taft is garbage he is athletic and 7 feet tall and can't dominate anyone.......

I still like Warrick he dominated in the big east and he rebounds the ball, getting 10 boards against the UCONN front line is pretty good, Wayne S, Garcia possible late, Frye reminds me of Loren Woods too much
Draft: Pick our 2 first rounders

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy