[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

kelati?
Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
3/12/2005  9:35 PM
I was watching the Stanford-Washington State game in the pac-10 tournament and the commentators mentioned that Knicks scouts were looking at the pac-10 and were interested in Thomas Kelati from Washington State... I'm guessing the guy won't be drafted, even though he is definitely a solid player (Named to the all pac-10 team). The thing that stands out about him the most to me is that he is a real strong defender...he reminds me a lot of bruce bowen - from what i've seen of them, their whole team plays tough gritty defense in general. He has a nice shot, decent handles, and is pretty athletic. He doesn't get much attention because Wash. state plays a slow game (they usually run the shot clock down to the last few seconds before putting up a shot) and so their stats are never that impressive. I think he'd be a good guy to pickup to play backup guard off the bench, mainly because of his defensive intensity, since that's something we need to improve tremendously (especially in the backcourt).
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2005  12:20 AM
Another guy i heard the Knicks were scouting is my homestate guy taylor coppenrath of vermont. I played against him one year in high school and played on the same aau team as a couple of his teammates at uvm. I hear a couple people raving about him on other boards. They said on espn he is expected to be drafted in the first round but he won't. There's a slim chance he will even get drafted. He can do it all offensively and is one of the smartest players i've even seen. He wasn't much of a player in high school until his senior year. Was only a 2 year player at a small school with an average team. He's got larry bird like fundamentals, typical of vermont, but his talent level and potential aren't real good despite what they say about him. He's also pretty slow. But still hes big, smart, and can do a little of everything and could easily be a good role player in the nba.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
3/13/2005  2:28 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

Another guy i heard the Knicks were scouting is my homestate guy taylor coppenrath of vermont. I played against him one year in high school and played on the same aau team as a couple of his teammates at uvm. I hear a couple people raving about him on other boards. They said on espn he is expected to be drafted in the first round but he won't. There's a slim chance he will even get drafted. He can do it all offensively and is one of the smartest players i've even seen. He wasn't much of a player in high school until his senior year. Was only a 2 year player at a small school with an average team. He's got larry bird like fundamentals, typical of vermont, but his talent level and potential aren't real good despite what they say about him. He's also pretty slow. But still hes big, smart, and can do a little of everything and could easily be a good role player in the nba.
Coppenrath is a solid college player who is carrying his team to the tournament, but I am afraid he is going to end up a poor man's version of dunleavy, who is pretty poor as it is. He could be a solid role player off the bench if he is used right, maybe a harpring type of player (though he is a little slower)
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/13/2005  12:48 PM
Well he's not really a small forward he's more of a power forward. He's also a legit 6'9. I could see him almost becoming a poor man's keith van horn, except at the pf.
kelati?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy