[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All Ball: Knicks vs Sonics
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/14/2005  9:31 AM
When fans claim that have more knowledge then the coach, sometimes you need to agree with them.....

I am not going to say Herb has done a bad job coaching because he hasn't but there is no way, if I am coaching the team, I start the fourth quarter with a 5 point lead in a game the knicks really need, and would have really meant something because it was a great win over an NBA elite....

But the coach has to realize that his team is coming off of three days of rest, so they can play the minutes not to mention most of them are still young.....

But awful, terrible, invoke the John Chaney rule on him....You come out with Jackson, Ariza, Penny, JYD, Mo (who didn't need to play)....They lose the lead, they lose the game, for 3 minutes nearly four....Marbury has to be in the game there on score pushes the game up to seven they have to seize these moments
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by MS:

When fans claim that have more knowledge then the coach, sometimes you need to agree with them.....

I am not going to say Herb has done a bad job coaching because he hasn't but there is no way, if I am coaching the team, I start the fourth quarter with a 5 point lead in a game the knicks really need, and would have really meant something because it was a great win over an NBA elite....javascript:insertsmilie('');
Angry

But the coach has to realize that his team is coming off of three days of rest, so they can play the minutes not to mention most of them are still young.....

But awful, terrible, invoke the John Chaney rule on him....You come out with Jackson, Ariza, Penny, JYD, Mo (who didn't need to play)....They lose the lead, they lose the game, for 3 minutes nearly four....Marbury has to be in the game there on score pushes the game up to seven they have to seize these moments

I totally agree! it was ridiculous and mindboggling!!I forgot that they just had4days off and a day off today!!!!!

You can also blame TT for choking in every single way imaginable and even Steph blowing layups but imo it was because they sat for too long to start the 4th andlost all the momentum they had.

Do you guys notice how good coaches give their stars a qick 1-2min rest at the end of the 3rd not 4mins into the 4th! Herb needs to learn that you don't substitute 3-4 players out and mess with the chemistry, that keep a lead for the entire game against a great team, all at once to start a 4th quarter or any quarter for that matter!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/14/2005  9:56 AM
Well, I won't blame anyone for last night's lost...The lineup change was an experiment, and I can guaranty you that Herb will not make that mistake again...He made that decision with good reasons, but it didn't work.. He wanted his starters to be fresh in the last five minutes of the game, but it backfired....He should have at least CRawf or TT on the court, because TT and CRawf have a bad habbit of going cold when sitting for too long....Herb will redeem himself....
The true Knickabocker..........
MS
Member: #724
3/14/2005  10:08 AM
Herb is a ****ing fool, you don't rest every starter at the same time, Marbury comes out with 11 in the 3rd and goes back in with 11 in the fourth thats coaching....

Crawford should have been on the point to start, you bring steph back give craw a breather....Craw couldn't stay with anyone last night and his d was awful

Mo Taylor should not have played against that team, they are shoooters who can move without the ball....

Herb lost the game, plain and simple, you don't experiment in the fourth, and your 26 year old pg should be able to play 45 mins if need be
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/14/2005  2:03 PM
why run Steph into the ground in a completely lost season? so we can swept by the Heat and destroy Steph's ankles?

Look, the fact is, even if they had won last night, they'd have an EXTREMELY tough time making the playoffs. Look at Jersey, they have two tough bigs that allowed them to waltz into Orlando and blow them out - not get blown out like the Knicks did. We have to play Jersey twice in April. We have to play Chicago again. It's over, guys.

The season will be officially over (i.e. mathematically) by April 1st (and it won't be an April Fool's joke). Then, hopefully we can rest Steph more and get a good look at Butler and Ariza and think about the most important draft this franchise has had since Layden screwed us in 2002.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/14/2005  2:09 PM
I still wouldn't feel comfortable with Herb as coach next year after what he did lastnight. It is clear they are trying to win and make the playoffs after going on that streak therefore starting a 4th quarter with Jackson, Penny, Ariza, JYD, Taylor is extremely contradicting!! We can't not afford to keep making these kind of coaching mistakes in the future. We need a real coach no more of this BS! I've had enough!!!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/14/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I still wouldn't feel comfortable with Herb as coach next year after what he did lastnight. It is clear they are trying to win and make the playoffs after going on that streak therefore starting a 4th quarter with Jackson, Penny, Ariza, JYD, Taylor is extremely contradicting!! We can't not afford to keep making these kind of coaching mistakes in the future. We need a real coach no more of this BS! I've had enough!!!!

What are you talking about?

Herb has done a fantastic job. Do you know how many teams would quit after going 2-16? Did you see the defense they played last night? Have you noticed the resurgence of Tim Thomas? Come on.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/14/2005  2:40 PM
thats true but why are the rotations and lineups just as dismal as the chaney/lenny eras? A real coach like a Phil Jackson rests his stars at the end of quarters for a minute or two so they can be fresh for the next quarter, that way they don't lose too much. Especially when you're trying to make the playoffs!

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/14/2005  6:09 PM
>>A real coach like a Phil Jackson rests his stars at the end of quarters for a minute or two so they can be fresh for the next quarter,

I can't wait for the same people who second-guess each one of Herb's moves to enthusiatically rubber-stamp each and every one of Phil's substitutions.

A real coach?

Or a perfect coach?

The Knicks shot poorly. The shots were there.

once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
USA
3/14/2005  6:16 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>>A real coach like a Phil Jackson rests his stars at the end of quarters for a minute or two so they can be fresh for the next quarter,

I can't wait for the same people who second-guess each one of Herb's moves to enthusiatically rubber-stamp each and every one of Phil's substitutions.

A real coach?

Or a perfect coach?

The Knicks shot poorly. The shots were there.

phil doesnt leave his stars(steph,TT & Sweetney) on the bench for 4-6mins to start the 4th quarter, the most important quarter.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/14/2005  6:22 PM

Sorry, I've just never seen the words TT and star in the same sentence with the words "if", "could", or "not".
gunsnewing
USA
3/14/2005  6:34 PM
lol

there the stars on this team as sad as it sounds unless you consider jackson & penny our star players.
All Ball: Knicks vs Sonics

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy