[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

forum error
Author Thread
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
3/11/2005  4:44 PM
Whenever I submit a new post, I see the 'thanks for posting' screen, but a couple of seconds later I get sent here: http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/post_info.asp

It's not a major problem, but it is a bit of a nuisance. FYI, I use Mozilla Firefox v 1.0
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/12/2005  3:53 PM
Hey Tom, glad to have you on the forums - keep up the good posting.

I use Firefox too, so I don't think it's a problem with the browser. I have a guess that it has to do with the type of proxy server (or access point) that you are going through. Technically, the forum code is grabbing the server header HTTP_REFERER, but I think that is not 100% accurate or available across all Internet access points.

I have made the change/fix in a new version of the forums that we are going to release - the beta is about a weekend away from being completely done - so I think I'd like to see if that works instead of spending time with fixing it in the old software version. Could you wait until then?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. I think others have periodically come across this nasty bug too.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/12/2005  9:06 PM
have told u that I love ultimateknicks? good stuff man.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/13/2005  12:22 AM
interesting......it just may be the latest version of firefox, i cannot recall the problem tom is identifying now, with firefox .9. i also use avant and no errors are encountered, and i believe netscape and explorer are error free.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
forum error

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy