Author Thread
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/12/2005  12:57 PM
nimrod

hahahahahaha
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/12/2005  2:55 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I'm jumping on the hakim bandwagon. i dont know what poistion he is, buthe is one helluva ballplayer. when he lined up those three's and the way he hit them, or just missed a couple, scary stuff. i dont know where he fits onthe knicks, but I will be happy if the name Hakim W is called by us. Im suspecting that this guy has played himself into the top 5, maybe the top 3.
Briggs, I thought you were set against Warrick on the Knicks. But like you said if they call his name, I wouldn't have a big deal with it but someone as to be moving on draft night. Personally I would like to see the Knicks go big with the first pick but not a reach. I wouldn't mind taking Gerald Green if he is there (I think he has vast potential), and use the second pick on Blatche (that's right both picks on babies). I have been real impress with the Knicks coaching staff as far developing young players. Which was missing in past Knick regimes.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/12/2005 14:57:35]
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/14/2005  9:24 AM
He is long, athletic and took over in the Big East, he rebounds, runs and can finish all things you need in a player that is going to play with Marbury.....

Sweetney doesn't look like the future, he couldn't score 20 if he life depended on it.....has he done it once, he had 18 in the first quarter last week and finished with 19 he hits to many walls late in games.....Hopefully there is another celebrity fit club this summer....Because if those people can lost 20 pounds in three months sweetney should be able to do 30 between May-Oct
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/14/2005  9:53 AM
if the knicks get warrick and then draft another combo guard or pick one up via the MLE/LLE, then my plan would be to BUYOUT penny (i can wait till the deadline - but i don't want to trade him) and let ariza and warrick man the 3 spot, and let tim go after the season. warrick has matrix part 2 written all over him.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  10:04 AM
Posted by MS:

He is long, athletic and took over in the Big East, he rebounds, runs and can finish all things you need in a player that is going to play with Marbury.....

Sweetney doesn't look like the future, he couldn't score 20 if he life depended on it.....has he done it once, he had 18 in the first quarter last week and finished with 19 he hits to many walls late in games.....Hopefully there is another celebrity fit club this summer....Because if those people can lost 20 pounds in three months sweetney should be able to do 30 between May-Oct

Maybe is because he was stuck on the bench from midway through the 3rd quarter all the way til the end of the game! much like what Herb did during this horrible Seattle loss.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2005  10:38 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by MS:

Ariza has a better outside shot than Warrick are u kidding me....Warrick has a good mid range game inside 15, he is a better rebounder, he is taller, he is longer, and he out jumps trevor.....

So you wouldn't take a cap hit for the year in order to sign Ray Allen if it was possible, and let those contracts expire, but you are an advocate of the three headed pf Williams 6 million Rose 6.5 million Taylor 8 million (who goes up to nearly 10 in his walk year)....None of those guys are starters and you have 20 million invested

So if you are going to add money, you might as well make money, if you could get allen which would be tough even if its fomrcraw, kurt (maybe a late pick), it would be a wash......why not let penny and tim walk.....the payroll is screwed regardless, but you get more national tv deals, sell more merchandise, obviously screw the season ticket holders
Listen, I don't have so much of a problem with getting Ray Allen. I would love the Knicks to try and do a sign and trade with Seattle for him. I just think I wouldn't include Crawford in that deal. I would like Crawford to backup Allen and Marbury. Which will solve the need for a combo guard. I just would like to see Houston included in that deal.
Warrick has about 2.5 years on Ariza, and believe it or not but Ariza can shoot the jumper. And Ariza can handle the ball a hell of lot better than Warrick. I see Ariza in more of a Scottie Pippen mold. And I know, Ariza is a better passer than Warrick at this early stage. I like Warrick but his half court game still has a lot to be desired. He will better serve playing in the west.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/11/2005 14:07:47]
I agree with your post and I would like to add that warrick is longer than ariza, but to say he outjumps him, I have to see that, trevor is a true high riser, that rebound he got last night, I mean he had his elbows above the rim... that would be a good matchup to see trevor and warrick go at it above the rim..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/14/2005  11:39 AM
Trev has hops no one is doubting it, the rebound over fortson was big, but Ariza doesn't know quite how to use all his ability at the moment, which is ok because he is young

Ariza isn't a really skilled dunker, he is active around the glass and is great on putbacks which seems to be his specialty, but alleys, rising above someone to dunk, and being able to dunk in traffic Warrick is far superior.......

Unfortunately making the Knicks a better team is going to cost us two of our core talents Sweetney, Ariza, Craw.....but packaging Craw with KT could get us something in return...

I think Ariza is capable of playing the two but needs to get some real nice coaching.....if he can add 10 pounds of muscle to his frame and keep working on his shot, he would be a good two, defensively, and a matchup problem because he has the quickness.....You could than slide warrick in at the 3....than size isn't as much of an issue because you have two strong rebounders by position......If sweetney can lose 15-30 pounds you would have a great rebounding team and just need someone to block shots and finish in the middle

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/14/2005  12:29 PM
I dont know about that....if Ariza puts on 10-15lbs @ 6'8'' he definitely won't play SG. Bottomline line is he is a SF but until he puts on 15 pounds of muscle he won't be a starting one.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2005  4:12 PM
Posted by MS:

Trev has hops no one is doubting it, the rebound over fortson was big, but Ariza doesn't know quite how to use all his ability at the moment, which is ok because he is young

Ariza isn't a really skilled dunker, he is active around the glass and is great on putbacks which seems to be his specialty, but alleys, rising above someone to dunk, and being able to dunk in traffic Warrick is far superior.......

Unfortunately making the Knicks a better team is going to cost us two of our core talents Sweetney, Ariza, Craw.....but packaging Craw with KT could get us something in return...

I think Ariza is capable of playing the two but needs to get some real nice coaching.....if he can add 10 pounds of muscle to his frame and keep working on his shot, he would be a good two, defensively, and a matchup problem because he has the quickness.....You could than slide warrick in at the 3....than size isn't as much of an issue because you have two strong rebounders by position......If sweetney can lose 15-30 pounds you would have a great rebounding team and just need someone to block shots and finish in the middle

Good points there. I do agree that warrick is a more accomplished and polished finisher.. Trevor was warrick like yesterday with those two blocks on Lewis...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Please Draft Hakim Warrick! And the next step

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy