[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please Draft Hakim Warrick! And the next step
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/11/2005  11:47 AM
No way he's a late first rounder. He was a PG when he was younger and has very high skills He's a great shooter and has an NBA body. Im sure he's as raw as any HSer but hes not falling 30.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  11:52 AM

i guess internet posters make good GM's then

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/11/2005  11:53 AM
Posted by fishmike:

No way he's a late first rounder. He was a PG when he was younger and has very high skills He's a great shooter and has an NBA body. Im sure he's as raw as any HSer but hes not falling 30.
How far you think he could drop fish? He sounds like a good project from that nbadraft bio. Hoepfully we could buy a pick somewhere around the 20ish range and pick him up.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2005  11:54 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

i guess internet posters make good GM's then

I'm sorry I don't know everything about every single player in the draft lol

I thought Green and Miles were the only high-schoolers. didn't realize their was a big man coming out of HS. If he impresses in Rookie camp he can get in the lottery. Man these mock drafts are going to look so different after the ncaa tournament and rookie camps. Especially this year since its so deep!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/11/2005 11:56:47]
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  11:56 AM
Not you Guns,

I think you have sound posts. I think you use logic in your posts

i was talking about MS, who likes to come and tell us what he would have done different. i'm sure isiah could also tell us what he would have done different but the difference is he doesn't have that luxury of dealing in hindsight

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/11/2005  11:57 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Hah, I'm with you. Don't follow NCAA much at all, and hear half of the names in this draft for the first time on this board.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/11/2005  12:00 PM
forget NBA draft... I think we would be lucky if he's there at 10
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Hah, I'm with you. Don't follow NCAA much at all, and hear half of the names in this draft for the first time on this board.

I've followed it a lot more this year but mostly by paying attention to sportscenter. I've watched a few games but mostly to see the obvious draft choices so I don't know much about the rest. Last time i watched a lot of college games was around 97 when Georgetown had Victor Page, he was my boy! I could've sworn he was gonna be the next Iverson! lol

I'm a lot more interested in watching the tournament and seeing what these players can do against tough competion and seeing what guys look good in rookie camp. The College basketball regular season is worthless to me! Let me see what these guys do in March and at rookie camp!
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/11/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I don't think we'll know where he's charting until the McDonald's game and the Chicago camp. Right now, it's all academic. Once NBA GMs see this kid up close, someone may see gold and he moves to the lotto. Or people could be rubbed the wrong way like with Charlie Villanueva or Ndubi Ebi a few years ago.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/11/2005  12:49 PM
Posted by MS:

I know he is raw and unproven, but athletes become great players in this league.....Jefferson wasn't highly touted, neither was Arenas, or Ariza, Vince Carter didn't put up spectaculare numbers in college is a team game the pros is about match ups. And that move allows Ariza to become expendable........I like Trevor I think he could be real good, but he will never be the finisher around the basket Warrick is....

Next to Stephon he would be perfect in an offense that runs....Have you watched this guy elevate, and he can rebound the ball, which is exactly what this team needs because the rebounding is horrible between the guards and Thomas.....

And late in the draft Wayne Simon, Channing Frye, Daniel Ewing, Mohammed are all avaible so if a trade come up for a player like Ray Allen we may be able to offer up something in return...Crawford and Sweetney for Ray Allen may be something they would entertain entertain.....

I think thats the way to go, and would make NY a power

Marbury/Penny
Allen/Houston
TT/Warrick
KT/MO/Simon/JYD
Rose/Frye

And then you could just let Penny and Tim expire.....
Wait how can you kill Isiah, when in your scenario you have 2 max players as backups. That's horrible. Besides, I am intrigue to see how Warrick will translate into the NBA. He is small for PF, and has no post game. And at SF he will be no better than a much hype and other Ariza. And I think Ariza has a better outside shot than Warrick, who would cost more.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
MS
Member: #724
3/11/2005  1:32 PM
Ariza has a better outside shot than Warrick are u kidding me....Warrick has a good mid range game inside 15, he is a better rebounder, he is taller, he is longer, and he out jumps trevor.....

So you wouldn't take a cap hit for the year in order to sign Ray Allen if it was possible, and let those contracts expire, but you are an advocate of the three headed pf Williams 6 million Rose 6.5 million Taylor 8 million (who goes up to nearly 10 in his walk year)....None of those guys are starters and you have 20 million invested

So if you are going to add money, you might as well make money, if you could get allen which would be tough even if its fomrcraw, kurt (maybe a late pick), it would be a wash......why not let penny and tim walk.....the payroll is screwed regardless, but you get more national tv deals, sell more merchandise, obviously screw the season ticket holders
Pharzeone
3/11/2005  1:36 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:

I bet the Knicks could get Andray Blatche with the 29th pick. We could most certainly lock him up with a promise. Teams are down on him because he stays outside too much.

I'm thinking a dream draft would be getting Warrick at 9 and Blatche at 29.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/andrayblatche.asp
hmmmm a high schooler..very interesting! if we can get him with out late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder. if he can put on 15pounds of muscle he can play center. I like his skills
This is the guy I hope Zeke is targeting with that 2nd pick. I would like to go big twice in the 1st round. I am not sure about Warrick though at 9.
MS
Member: #724
3/11/2005  1:38 PM
Weaknesses: Needs to play with more effort and consistency. Dominates some games and is non-existent in others...

Thats not good, but if its a project i would rather draft a high school kid then someone who has reach their potential with limited upside and wait and see
Pharzeone
3/11/2005  2:02 PM
Posted by MS:

Ariza has a better outside shot than Warrick are u kidding me....Warrick has a good mid range game inside 15, he is a better rebounder, he is taller, he is longer, and he out jumps trevor.....

So you wouldn't take a cap hit for the year in order to sign Ray Allen if it was possible, and let those contracts expire, but you are an advocate of the three headed pf Williams 6 million Rose 6.5 million Taylor 8 million (who goes up to nearly 10 in his walk year)....None of those guys are starters and you have 20 million invested

So if you are going to add money, you might as well make money, if you could get allen which would be tough even if its fomrcraw, kurt (maybe a late pick), it would be a wash......why not let penny and tim walk.....the payroll is screwed regardless, but you get more national tv deals, sell more merchandise, obviously screw the season ticket holders
Listen, I don't have so much of a problem with getting Ray Allen. I would love the Knicks to try and do a sign and trade with Seattle for him. I just think I wouldn't include Crawford in that deal. I would like Crawford to backup Allen and Marbury. Which will solve the need for a combo guard. I just would like to see Houston included in that deal.
Warrick has about 2.5 years on Ariza, and believe it or not but Ariza can shoot the jumper. And Ariza can handle the ball a hell of lot better than Warrick. I see Ariza in more of a Scottie Pippen mold. And I know, Ariza is a better passer than Warrick at this early stage. I like Warrick but his half court game still has a lot to be desired. He will better serve playing in the west.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/11/2005 14:07:47]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/11/2005  2:48 PM
The Knicks aren't getting Ray Allen.

Zeke will draft a guy like Warrick, Greene or Wright in the lotto if he can't trade for Curry or Kwame.
¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
3/11/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by MS:

Mullin: he has been great

What the HECK does this mean? as a gm? you have got to be kidding me. Which move? overpaying fisher? not getting anything for dampier? getting one of the most selfish players ever in baron davis?giving a #1 draft pick to get rid of najera? one of these moves by itself should put mullin in the hall of shame but all of these moves together sould have his azz bronzed and shipped out of town. ( i'm sure i missed some of his other great moves but this is all i could think of off the top of my head)
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
JUNKyardKNICK13
Member: #877
USA
3/11/2005  8:29 PM
I agree to draft Warrick...I've seen him play a lot and he's a hell of a player and athlete...
I thought the sloagan was All Ball, not All Lottery.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/11/2005  8:43 PM
He was being sarcastic about Mullin, but you are too dumb to even get that.

Do you realize that you are posting on a forum about how people should not be posting?

Why are you here if you don't think that fans should talk trades, cause thats 90% of what fan forums are all about, proposing ways to improve the team.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
3/12/2005  10:19 AM
Look nimrod maybe I missed what he was saying about mullin but I wasn't disrespectful in my discussion to him and until I see moderator under your name why don't shut the f*#k up a-hole. (And where did I say fans shouldn't discuss trades? )

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 03/12/2005 18:11:37]
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/12/2005  10:50 AM
I'm jumping on the hakim bandwagon. i dont know what poistion he is, buthe is one helluva ballplayer. when he lined up those three's and the way he hit them, or just missed a couple, scary stuff. i dont know where he fits onthe knicks, but I will be happy if the name Hakim W is called by us. Im suspecting that this guy has played himself into the top 5, maybe the top 3.
RIP Crushalot😞
Please Draft Hakim Warrick! And the next step

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy