[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Please Draft Hakim Warrick! And the next step
Author Thread
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/11/2005  9:32 AM
I know he is raw and unproven, but athletes become great players in this league.....Jefferson wasn't highly touted, neither was Arenas, or Ariza, Vince Carter didn't put up spectaculare numbers in college is a team game the pros is about match ups. And that move allows Ariza to become expendable........I like Trevor I think he could be real good, but he will never be the finisher around the basket Warrick is....

Next to Stephon he would be perfect in an offense that runs....Have you watched this guy elevate, and he can rebound the ball, which is exactly what this team needs because the rebounding is horrible between the guards and Thomas.....

And late in the draft Wayne Simon, Channing Frye, Daniel Ewing, Mohammed are all avaible so if a trade come up for a player like Ray Allen we may be able to offer up something in return...Crawford and Sweetney for Ray Allen may be something they would entertain entertain.....

I think thats the way to go, and would make NY a power

Marbury/Penny
Allen/Houston
TT/Warrick
KT/MO/Simon/JYD
Rose/Frye

And then you could just let Penny and Tim expire.....
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/11/2005  9:36 AM
why do you have to trade or get rid of Ariza? it would make alot more sense to get rid of fugazy & or Penny & allow the young guys to develop into a nice nucleus.

i would LOVE to add Warrick to this team...he would be a nice 3/4 player a-la JYD but much more athletic & w/good upside.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MS
3/11/2005  9:40 AM
The problem now is Isiah is to stupid for his own good, he didn't need to bring in Vin Baker, and then He didn't need to add Mo Taylor, these guys are stuck on our roster, Rose he only gets a pass if he gets a player that can really make a difference....This Jackson kid is 10x better than Moochie and Brewer, the knicks always make bad signings when they can rent a player for a year....Instead they sign them for multiple years.....

If we are going to keep Ariza I would like to try to mold him into a shooting guard, then he doesn't really have to add much weight, he is pretty quick and has good size......
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/11/2005  10:09 AM
i have no problems taking warrick if we're in the 15-20 range. he's in the marion mold. him and ariza on the court together could cause a HAVOC. the only problem is that he's going to be stuck on IR for AT LEAST a year b/c of the PF glut and 3 SF's we have. so unless you're willing to wait a year or two on him, then it may be better going for a backup PG or PG/SG combo that can play right away.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03/11/2005 10:09:36]
MS
3/11/2005  10:12 AM
I would give Antonio Daniels the full mid-level exception, he is a great combo back-up that can play 30 minutes....

That is why we should try to move Crawford with perhaps sweetney to get something in return and then let TT and Penny expire, and create some room on the roster
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/11/2005  10:16 AM
Posted by MS:

I would give Antonio Daniels the full mid-level exception, he is a great combo back-up that can play 30 minutes....

That is why we should try to move Crawford with perhaps sweetney to get something in return and then let TT and Penny expire, and create some room on the roster

i disagree. i think crawford is just starting to scratch the surface. his game has come A LONG way since the beginning of the year. he's now passing the ball more, taking less rushed shots, and even getting a couple of boards. he has a long way to go defensively but he'll young (24) and willing to learn. when he reaches his prime (28), he's be making around $8-9 mil/year - that's a bargain rate if you ask me for what this kid could become.

i think you KEEP crawford and make him the great combo backup that he was INTENDED to be (for now) and try to draft that sharpshooting SG (like joey graham).

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03/11/2005 10:16:56]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/11/2005  10:28 AM
Daniels is serviceable...not great...i certainly would NOT use up the entire MLE to sign him...maybe the LLE if you need a backup PG & you've already filled your frontcourt need w/a draft pick.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by MS:

i disagree. i think crawford is just starting to scratch the surface. his game has come A LONG way since the beginning of the year. he's now passing the ball more, taking less rushed shots, and even getting a couple of boards. he has a long way to go defensively but he'll young (24) and willing to learn. when he reaches his prime (28), he's be making around $8-9 mil/year - that's a bargain rate if you ask me for what this kid could become.

i think you KEEP crawford and make him the great combo backup that he was INTENDED to be (for now) and try to draft that sharpshooting SG (like joey graham).

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03/11/2005 10:16:56]

Now we're talking! But isn't Graham a SF? or is it more like a Caron Butler/Paul Pierce who can play SG too? There's also the high schooler CJ Miles and Antoine Wright. Green will be gone before we pick imo.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  10:45 AM
Posted by MS:

I know he is raw and unproven, but athletes become great players in this league.....Jefferson wasn't highly touted, neither was Arenas, or Ariza, Vince Carter didn't put up spectaculare numbers in college is a team game the pros is about match ups. And that move allows Ariza to become expendable........I like Trevor I think he could be real good, but he will never be the finisher around the basket Warrick is....

Next to Stephon he would be perfect in an offense that runs....Have you watched this guy elevate, and he can rebound the ball, which is exactly what this team needs because the rebounding is horrible between the guards and Thomas.....

And late in the draft Wayne Simon, Channing Frye, Daniel Ewing, Mohammed are all avaible so if a trade come up for a player like Ray Allen we may be able to offer up something in return...Crawford and Sweetney for Ray Allen may be something they would entertain entertain.....

I think thats the way to go, and would make NY a power

Marbury/Penny
Allen/Houston
TT/Warrick
KT/MO/Simon/JYD
Rose/Frye

And then you could just let Penny and Tim expire.....

It sounds easy when you are typing it don't it
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MS
3/11/2005  10:58 AM
Big Pimpin weren't you the same guy that told me i had no idea what i was talking about when i said the bulls were light years ahead of the knicks and Deng and Gordon were studs....

Gordon as a rookie leads all players in the league in forth quarter scoring, but hes not a stud....

Your credibility is shot my friend

Actually being a GM is not an easy job, but i will tell you one thing there is no way i would have ever traded sprewell, and camby, i would have probably drafted wilcox, and never would have made trades to get eisley or anderson, i am always in favor of bringing in players as rentals like del curry, jimmy jackson, or someone that is going to come in and do their job....I would have signed Chris Anderson to be the back-up center in the offseason, and not given the softest player in the nba a two year deal, i would have waited till this year and hired doc rivers as the knicks coach and to be honest i don't think i would have made the deal to get Crawford, and see what i could have got with the expiring deals of zeke, harrington, and williams.....

u don't do deals because you feel pressure.......his last two deals were terrible, two late first round picks are very easy to aquire especially from a team like san antonio that doesn't always add payroll if they don't have too

Granted this job is all about pressure and looking to do something fast.....Isiah could have made a deal for ratliff and rahim instead of marbury and still had our pick or could have just let the season take its course an let us falter down the stretch and move up our draft position...... Its tough to sit and wait especially in this town, but although Marbury is a special talent and everyone enjoys watching him, what is he doing for the team itself, we know what he is doing for the dolans he is selling jersey, and filling some seats, but we are paying a lot and not getting much
gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  11:06 AM
chris anderson is playing well right now.

MS, are you as high on Steven Hunter as you were on Anderson?

I think Anderson is better. Has greater potential of averaging a double-double. Hunter is more like a 7pts per game stiff. It's easy to say all we need is a guy who can block shots but when you say that you are not considering the black hole and 4 on 5 play that results when you have a stiff at center. We need a guy who defends,rebounds & blocks shots but can also hurt teams if they fall asleep.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/11/2005 11:12:12]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/11/2005  11:07 AM
I'm with MS. Warrick is the stud who will most likely be on the board when we draft. I love the way he plays. He brings shotblocking, athleticism and a kind of play that this team greatly needs.
¿ △ ?
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by MS:

Big Pimpin weren't you the same guy that told me i had no idea what i was talking about when i said the bulls were light years ahead of the knicks and Deng and Gordon were studs....

Gordon as a rookie leads all players in the league in forth quarter scoring, but hes not a stud....

Your credibility is shot my friend

Actually being a GM is not an easy job, but i will tell you one thing there is no way i would have ever traded sprewell, and camby, i would have probably drafted wilcox, and never would have made trades to get eisley or anderson, i am always in favor of bringing in players as rentals like del curry, jimmy jackson, or someone that is going to come in and do their job....I would have signed Chris Anderson to be the back-up center in the offseason, and not given the softest player in the nba a two year deal, i would have waited till this year and hired doc rivers as the knicks coach and to be honest i don't think i would have made the deal to get Crawford, and see what i could have got with the expiring deals of zeke, harrington, and williams.....

u don't do deals because you feel pressure.......his last two deals were terrible, two late first round picks are very easy to aquire especially from a team like san antonio that doesn't always add payroll if they don't have too

Granted this job is all about pressure and looking to do something fast.....Isiah could have made a deal for ratliff and rahim instead of marbury and still had our pick or could have just let the season take its course an let us falter down the stretch and move up our draft position...... Its tough to sit and wait especially in this town, but although Marbury is a special talent and everyone enjoys watching him, what is he doing for the team itself, we know what he is doing for the dolans he is selling jersey, and filling some seats, but we are paying a lot and not getting much

what do i lose when my credibility is shot? ...

studs win MVP's. When Deng and Gordon win a MVP, call me. Oh and isiah won championships with Indiana and Detroit, guess you would have won them too right
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
MS
3/11/2005  11:13 AM
Guns

I just really like Chris Anderson's style of play, its very raw and energy rubs off on people, I also like the fact that he always gets around 1-2 when he is in the game....Hunter is a question mark but def someone to take a look at maybe at a 3 year deal at 8-10 million, but we have to see whats out there......Early in the season when steph and craw were getting to the rim Naz was unable to make a lot of chip shots, which i think guys that play above the rim would fest on

Warrick, is a player that will take a couple of years to reach full potential, i like the Marion comparision that is what i am thinking as well, i see no reason why he can't go 10pts 7rbs as a rookie, and develop into an All-Star, and he is really long like Tayshuan Prince, and could develop into a good defender
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/11/2005  11:18 AM
i still dont know what hakim warwick is, but he is a top 10 talent for sure. how does that translate to the pros? people say shawn marion but id ont see it.

i would say a better offensive version of Udonis Haslem. I mean you put Hakim at the 4 next to Shaq and he's doing things. Is he really a 3? he cant shoot, but he can post up. I can see ways that he can be a monster, but can this guy guard a mike Sweetney or someone over 250 pounds on the block? NFW. Either hes a 4 playing next to a diminating big C, or a part time 4 and most of the time post up 3.

He is something between Tashaun prince and Udonis Haslem.

As for the Knicks, we are going to win the lottery and just take Bogut. That takes any thought out of the process and until we either make the playoffs, or lose the lottery, that is my pick. Until that time we will probably mention 20 names. I do think the Knicks need a solid G and a couple of 7 footers.

drafting hakim warwick? with TT improvement, we are kind of heavy at 3-4

I really do not see a 7 footer worth taking. Dan Gadzuric[we wont get him] or steven hunter probably makes much more sense in FA than recahing for anything in this draft. we'll see, with all of the impact players from high school, thats a whole different facet that is yet to be known.
RIP Crushalot😞
MS
3/11/2005  11:22 AM
Again you have proven yourself to be a fool....So great players make good GMS

Jordan i believe traded Rip Hamilton for Stack, Put his faith in Courtney Alexander, and took Kwame when he had a chance to trade for Brand

Mullin: he has been great

Thomas: Ran the CBA into the ground, and everyone says what an amazing record he has in the draft, 1996 was the best draft in league history so why is getting camby so special (picked after, Rahim, Marbury, Allen, Walker, Kittles, Kobe, Peja, Nash, Jermain Oneil, Illgauskas) 1995 he took the best player on the board (Finley was avaible, after that is about it)

1997 the draft was about one player Duncan, he gets credit there but who was availbe that was worth taking, Croshere, Cato, MO, Brevin Night, why not take a chance there......

But eventually he screwed things up in Toronto,

And then took over a young pacers team, that lost in the first round every year he was there the front line included Artest, Oneil and Miller his last year, three players of all-star calliber, and he still had reggie and they under achieved, and he has come here and made a tremendous mess
gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  11:24 AM
no matter who we get I will trust that Isiah will have found a very good nba player a lot more than I will trust people who only see these guys on TV a couple of times a year. Unless he picks the next frederic weis like player who has no business being drafted wit our 1st pick but that aint happenin with Isiah lol
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/11/2005  11:32 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I really do not see a 7 footer worth taking. Dan Gadzuric[we wont get him] or steven hunter probably makes much more sense in FA than recahing for anything in this draft. we'll see, with all of the impact players from high school, thats a whole different facet that is yet to be known.
Briggs... check out Andray Blatche. I think he's a perfect fit. Then hope to get a Granger/Gomes (big rebounding 3) with the late #1 (someone will slip)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/11/2005  11:38 AM
I bet the Knicks could get Andray Blatche with the 29th pick. We could most certainly lock him up with a promise. Teams are down on him because he stays outside too much.

I'm thinking a dream draft would be getting Warrick at 9 and Blatche at 29.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

I bet the Knicks could get Andray Blatche with the 29th pick. We could most certainly lock him up with a promise. Teams are down on him because he stays outside too much.

I'm thinking a dream draft would be getting Warrick at 9 and Blatche at 29.

http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/andrayblatche.asp
hmmmm a high schooler..very interesting! if we can get him with out late 1st rounder or 2nd rounder. if he can put on 15pounds of muscle he can play center. I like his skills
Please Draft Hakim Warrick! And the next step

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy