[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What Should The Knicks Do With Allan Houston and Herb Williams?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by EnySpree:

This idea of him being the third wheel of the guard rotation is dead.
It was barely born.

I know....that's the problem. The team has to move forward. Ariza is a guy that people were saying won't make the rotation but the kid has been in the rotation all year.

My point is the Knicks can get better and will get better without wondering if Houston can come in and play 25 minutes, or be his all-star self again. There are guys in the draft and some in free agency that can come here and make the Knicks better not just in jumpshooting which is the only thing Houston does.

Isiah most likely will draft a swingman. If he doesn't he most surely will trade for one. I'm not worried about Houston neither should anybody else. The team must move forward.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/12/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by CaZeek:

It's not his responsibility or obligation to give away millions of dollars.
If there was a way for him to retire and still get his money, only from a different source, will you then be willing to ask him to retire? So he is getting his money either way, should he stay or should he go.
It's call insurance. That is why Dolan wants him to seriously think about retiring. It still counts against the cap but saves MSG the money.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
3/12/2005  4:16 PM
Posted by misterearl:

You Want a "Younger" Coach?

>>I believe that we need some freshness and Herb is doing a great job providing that. If Isiah decides to bring in a new coach, I do hope he's younger, more energetic, and more defensively oriented than Herb.

NYKdunk - "younger" like who exactly? How much younger ..... 20''s?

Freshness?

Herb has held the team steady despite a 3-18 killer stretch against injuries and player transition. How "fresh" is that?

More "energetic"?

What do you want, a head coach or a mime?

Defensively oriented?

Sheesh, Herb has glued together a team that doesn't have a single legit center. Defensively oriented? Can you please explain that one?

Herb Rocks on til the break of dawn

You seem to have missed my point entirely. I don't think there is a coach who is currently younger, energetic, and more defensively oriented than Herb is! Now, if there is, go ahead and make the change!
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/12/2005  4:54 PM
>>I don't think there is a coach who is currently younger, energetic, and more defensively oriented than Herb is!

nykdunk - I'll do you one better. I don't believe there is a better fit for head coach, Phil Jackon and Larry Brown INCLUDED, than Herb Williams.

The only thing Herb lacks is the opportunity to demonstrate what he can do with the security of being THE Man. He's been with the franchise long enough to have picked up tips from Pat Riley, Lenny, Duck, Van Gundy and Head Trainer Mike Saunders.

Don't laugh. Mike Saunders goes all the way back to Red Holzman.

He would potentially remain with the franchise longer as he does not have the wanderlust and advanced years of Larry Brown or the distractions and ego of Phil Jax.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of former Knicks returning home.

That's why Herb will lure his dear friend Patrick Ewing back home as an assistant.

Who's Phil bringing? Tex Winter?

Keep Herb.

once a knick always a knick
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
3/12/2005  5:04 PM
I agree completely m8. I've been very impressed with the job he has done. The defensive effort has had a 180% transformation since he has taken over from Lenny. The trade for Rose might have helped out in that regard, but in general, the team has been playing hard for him, even before the trade. The only problem I have is his apparent inability to speak loudly, but that doesn't seem to have been a hindrance.

So perhaps to clear up my original point, if he is replaced, it has to be with a younger, more energetic, and more defensively oriented coach. Those are things that Jackson and Brown are not, and I'm not sure of anyone who is. I'm perfectly fine with Herb having the gig for the next few years.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/12/2005  5:26 PM
>>The only problem I have is his apparent inability to speak loudly, but that doesn't seem to have been a hindrance.

nykdunk - I'm not trying to bust your Spaldings, but outside of one reference, to ONE huddle, by Malik Rose, who sez Herb has a problem speaking loudly?

Have you ever attended a Knicks practice?

(yeah, I'm talkin' bout practice)

Practice is where most coaching occurs.

Do you sit courtside and listen in?

Or are you simply repeating what some hack reported?

Oh yeah, one of the same hacks who called gaining Mailk Rose and Mo Taylor stupid.

Haven't seen many of those "DUNCE CAP" headlines lately huh?
once a knick always a knick
What Should The Knicks Do With Allan Houston and Herb Williams?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy