Author Thread
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think Curry came a year after Kwame & Chandler. Curry was the #1 pick

out of the 3 Curry is more talented offensively but Chandler would help us the most because of his defense, shotblocking, rebounding and energy.

1 Wizards Kwame Brown PF
2 Clippers Tyson Chandler PF
3 Hawks Pau Gasol SF Spain
4 Bulls Eddy Curry C

Think back.

Kwame had more of an NBA body out of the 3. More in shape of the 3. More of an all around player of the 3. He may have been the only 1 of the 3 who could actually take a defender off his feet from the perimeter and drive it to the hole.

I don't fault MJ. He did what the majority would have did. Take Kwame at no. 1
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2005  12:00 PM
I remember that draft. I actually liked Gasol first and Eddie Griffin 2nd. (Yeah, Griffin would have been a brilliant move) I am not a big fan of HS kids back then. Obviously, LeBron changed that.

What resume are we talking about? If we are talking about being a fan, I put up my resume with anyone. If we are talking about my line of work, I put up my resume with anyone. If we are talking about being a GM, I put up Ernie Grunfeld's resume with anyone

MJ was a lousy GM, simple as that. The only thing I said on my previous post was that Kwame has been given a chance. Darko has not. I take Zeke over MJ as a GM anyday of the week.
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  12:26 PM
the guy made 1 pick out of 1 pick out of a crappy big man draft and you stamp on his forehead that he is a lousy GM

simple as that.

The Pistons signed Elden Campbell AGAIN (HAHA) and a walking injury in McDyess when they have Darko

simple as that.
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/11/2005  12:33 PM
Drafting Kwame that year was a definite no brainer, MJ did what he could with that pick...However, I still believer that he should have drafted Gasol because he wa much more polish than any of the players on that pool...Look at his stats and compare them to the others....MJ redeemed himself the year after by drafting Juan Dixon and Jared Jefferies...Look, it takes time to develop young talents, Haywood was very promessing in his first year, Doug was not patient enough to see that Haywood was the one with the bigger upside. He put all of the emphasis on Kwame because until two seasons ago everyone in D.C. thought that he was the next coming of Sheed/Webber/O'Neal, etc....
The true Knickabocker..........
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/11/2005  12:44 PM
I remember one team brought Chandler and Kwame in together and had them play one-on-one. The word was that Kwame just destroyed Chandler, killed him. I think the feeling was pretty universal back then that Kwame was the #1 pick. It would have been interesting to have seen what he could have done this year if he hadn't gotten injured. He had a real strong streak last year. It's still a pretty tough call to me about what kind of career the guy's ultimately going to have and whether it makes sense to put bucks into him now.

Re: MJ, I thought by far his worst move as a GM was to suit up. I hated it beacause I love the legacy of MJ and thought he was really tarnishing it and I also hated it because I thought it was bad for that franchise.
diderotn
USA
3/11/2005  12:48 PM
The worst move that MJ made was trading for Stackhouse...He should have kept Hamilton and re-sign the guys that played with him the year prior....There was a lot of chemistry in that locker room the first year that MJ played with guys like Popeyes a few other cats that were around...Stackhouse was garbage both on and off the court..
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/11/2005  12:52 PM
Yeah but don't forget Stack was coming off a real strong year. He had led the Pisons to 50 victories, boosted his assists, brought his shooting under control. Also took on real leadership role on that team. He was a different Stack that year. I think he went right back down the chute after the pistons got rid of him. i seem to recall money and an impending contract being a pretty big issue then too.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by Marv:

I remember one team brought Chandler and Kwame in together and had them play one-on-one. The word was that Kwame just destroyed Chandler, killed him. I think the feeling was pretty universal back then that Kwame was the #1 pick. It would have been interesting to have seen what he could have done this year if he hadn't gotten injured. He had a real strong streak last year. It's still a pretty tough call to me about what kind of career the guy's ultimately going to have and whether it makes sense to put bucks into him now.

Re: MJ, I thought by far his worst move as a GM was to suit up. I hated it beacause I love the legacy of MJ and thought he was really tarnishing it and I also hated it because I thought it was bad for that franchise.

same here it was very aggrevating seeing Jordan in a Wizards uniform and not being the same player he was in 98. He was still a incredibly good for a 39 year old but He left in 98 because he wanted to leave on top and he did just that! Couldn't even had written it any better then the last shot on Russell! But no he had to come back and see his scoring drop nearly 10 points with an inconsistent jumpshot! And lots of blown dunks! All in a Wizards uniform!!!!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/11/2005  3:20 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

NYKfan says Kwame is the second coming of Jermaine O'Neal

(WHAM!)

<---NYKfan

hahahahahahah!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
3/11/2005  4:25 PM
That is why Jordan will be admired for ever..He was never affraid to fail....That is commandable...the trade for Stack and most of all, his coach lost the team, because he didn't know how to properly utilize Stack...Jordan didn't want to pay the guys that were there the year before, mainly because he was trying to get the team under the cap...He cameback to play as a part owner to generate a buzz about a team that has been dormant for more than 20 years and it worked...If that team is successful today, they have to thank Jordan for it..

Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Marv:

same here it was very aggrevating seeing Jordan in a Wizards uniform and not being the same player he was in 98. He was still a incredibly good for a 39 year old but He left in 98 because he wanted to leave on top and he did just that! Couldn't even had written it any better then the last shot on Russell! But no he had to come back and see his scoring drop nearly 10 points with an inconsistent jumpshot! And lots of blown dunks! All in a Wizards uniform!!!!
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  4:40 PM
Also, when MJ got there they had overpaid bums in Juwuan Howard, Richmond and rod strickland

who cleaned that messed up?

yeah, no.23 himself. But because some sportswriter who can't shoot free throws says MJ was lousy then those who follow the media as if it were religion, proclaim the guy as a lousy GM without knowing ALL the facts of his tenure

TKF, you liked that. HAHAHAHA

[Edited by - bigpimpin on 03/11/2005 16:40:37]
tomverve
Member: #878
3/11/2005  4:40 PM
Posted by diderotn:

If that team is successful today, they have to thank Jordan for it..

I didn't realize Ernie Grunfield was calling himself Jordan nowadays. What a diva!
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
JUNKyardKNICK13
Member: #877
USA
3/11/2005  6:12 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

but jarvis hayes too? com'on
Wow Jarvis Hayes a real threat! The guys a good player but he's no Crawford or Marbury...good bench player? Yes...but HOPEFULLY Houston will be back next year in that spot (OR RETIRES)
I thought the sloagan was All Ball, not All Lottery.
JUNKyardKNICK13
USA
3/11/2005  6:13 PM
big pimpin, how can you judge Darko? He plays like 5 mins a game!
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
3/11/2005  7:01 PM
did you guys see the knicks and wizards game?
did any of you guys pay attention to kwame brown?
was he 0 for 8 or was it more....
how many free throws did he make/miss?

......yeah right... potential...
define the word potential and then make a trade
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
NYKfan1
Member: #679
USA
3/11/2005  7:47 PM
kwame does have great potential. can i ask how good do you think jermaine o'neal looked in his first few years bigpimpin. he is great now but he didnt look any better than kwame does, back then. like i said, say what you want but the guy is 6-11 24, has great skills and is a good shot blocker, name a current knicks player that matches that description. there is a reason why so many scouts loved him back then and many still like his game and feel he just needs a change of scenery, you cant teach talent and he has tons of it. with aguire and our staff why is it so stupid to say he cant actually, live up to his potential, he has the ability to be that good, he just needs the right people to bring it out of him.

also jarvis hayes would be a great fit, with out H2O this team has no shooters, in this trade we are giving up sweetney, a good young prospect, and kurt, who is not a part of future plans here. for 2 good young prospects.
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  8:09 PM
Posted by JUNKyardKNICK13:

Don't you think that if he was a "stud" that he wouldn't be playing 5 minutes a game

Bruno Sundov plays 5 minutes a game, i guess you don't know if he is a stud or not either right
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  8:14 PM
NYKfan i don't doubt that he has potential, he may turn out to be Garnett

of course, he has potential but how come everyone has to be the next "somebody".

Maybe Jermaine O'Neal worked harder at his game from not having the world handed to him. Maybe Darko and Kwame don't work as hard because it was handed to them. Maybe it is true when they say basketball is 85% mental.
Maybe they have different make-up's. Maybe everybody can't be the next somebody.

I know guys at the gym that play like Kobe Bryant. Should i start calling them the next "Kobe Bryant" or call them what they really are

JUNKyardKNICK13
USA
3/11/2005  8:28 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by JUNKyardKNICK13:

Don't you think that if he was a "stud" that he wouldn't be playing 5 minutes a game

Bruno Sundov plays 5 minutes a game, i guess you don't know if he is a stud or not either right
Well, they have players at this point who are better. Like McDyess, Wallace, so..they dont need him now.

I'm sure hes better then Sundov..he must have had SOME skill to draft him...He'll be a good player 3-4 years down the road when he really gets some minutes like 25-30 a game to show his stuff. He hasn't matured because he is only 19.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/11/2005  8:46 PM
It's ok, the only person allowed to question GM's ability is bigpimpin, everybody else does not qualify, cause you know, we are not GM's.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Kwame Brown trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy