Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
3/10/2005  8:52 PM
Knicks recieve: F/C Kwame Brown via sign and trade
G/F Jarvis Hayes

Wizards recieve: F/C Kurt Thomas
F Michael Sweetney

I think this could make sense for both teams. the knicks a 6-11 freak athlete who aguire can turn into, in my opinion the second coming of Jermaine O'neal. Say what you will about Kwame, but his gifts and skills are undeniable. the knicks also get a young wing who can really shoot the ball which this team needs.

the wizards really improve their frontcourt. sweetney can step in and start with kurt backing up like he should be.

thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/10/2005  9:10 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

G/F Jarvis Hayes

F Michael Sweetney

I think this could make sense for both teams. the knicks a 6-11 freak athlete who aguire can turn into, in my opinion the second coming of Jermaine O'neal. Say what you will about Kwame, but his gifts and skills are undeniable. the knicks also get a young wing who can really shoot the ball which this team needs.

the wizards really improve their frontcourt. sweetney can step in and start with kurt backing up like he should be.

thoughts?

i like kwame brown but he's walking that dangerous line of being a "never was". with that said, he has a TON of years to improve.

sweetney is better right now.

it's a tough choice but i stick with sweetney, especially if we're losing kurt as well.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/10/2005  9:28 PM
the wizards would have a zillion PFs and Kwame is far from a freak athelete
JUNKyardKNICK13
Member: #877
USA
3/10/2005  10:13 PM
Kwame SUCKS. This guy has done nothing after entering the league...Sweetney is showing signs of amazment down in the post. He'll eventually improve his defense.

Kurt Thomas is a hell of a player. He gives you 100% every night. Thats suspect with Kwame.

No way I do this deal.
I thought the sloagan was All Ball, not All Lottery.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/10/2005  11:15 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

G/F Jarvis Hayes

F Michael Sweetney

thoughts?
If we get a chance to do this it needs to be done in a heartbeat. We still have PF's after this deal. Mo Taylor is sick in the post, and we have JYD still too. AND we got Malik rose and could probably STILL sign Steven Huinter for the MLE. This is a no brainer, we gotta let some of these PF's go and for the prospect that Kwame is, and with all our PF's on the squad, I can't see a downside. AND we get Jarvis Hayes. Are you guys crazy?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/11/2005  7:16 AM
Kwame Brown is not a good player. He hasnt even shown any real promise the last 2 years other than his occasional 20 point 10 reb game every 2 months. I wouldnt trade Sweetney for him.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
3/11/2005  8:28 AM
but jarvis hayes too? com'on
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/11/2005  9:13 AM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

but jarvis hayes too? com'on

the kid can give you points off the bench & he's a good shooter...he's 23 & averaging double figures in scoring in his 2nd year in the NBA.

i would have to take this deal because it gets us 2 talented young players w/upside for 1 & a veteran who really doesn't factor into our future plans anyway.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/11/2005 09:18:26]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/11/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by JUNKyardKNICK13:

Kwame SUCKS. This guy has done nothing after entering the league...Sweetney is showing signs of amazment down in the post. He'll eventually improve his defense.

Kurt Thomas is a hell of a player. He gives you 100% every night. Thats suspect with Kwame.

No way I do this deal.
I wouldn't trade a high second round pick for Brown, who wants big money too. This guy ain't worth talking about. I would start Jackie Butler before this guy. If MJ can't get nothing out of you, then who the hell will.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/11/2005 09:41:52]
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
purple012870
Member: #432
3/11/2005  9:44 AM
I don't really see much in Swami Brown. I admit, that having Mark Aguirre makes guys like Brown more attractive. I think Aguirre is that good of a low post coach. But, I like Hayes so much that I am on board with this deal.

Nicely done.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/11/2005  10:13 AM
brown's qualifying offer is $7mil - so we need to ante up AT LEAST that much per season b/c he could just take the qualifying offer and then bounce, unrestricted.

curry has established himself more than kwame. kwame's knock is the injuries. the potential is there, and appeared in flashes, but he never got the substantial time to improve b/c of injuries. it's a HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD type deal. are you willing to part with sweetney, who's 22, a world of upside and is solid right now? the ceiling is higher for kwame but he's VERY far from it. sweetney's light years ahead of him in terms of development.

i like sweetney, i like his game. i keep him. you want kwame brown, then give them kurt and our #1.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/11/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by JUNKyardKNICK13:

No way I do this deal.
I wouldn't trade a high second round pick for Brown, who wants big money too. This guy ain't worth talking about. I would start Jackie Butler before this guy. If MJ can't get nothing out of you, then who the hell will.

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03/11/2005 09:41:52]

so you'd rather start some 19 year old who wasn't even drafted & hasn't even been able to make an NBA roster until now over a 23 year old former #1 overall pick who has been compared to players such as Jermaine O'Neal early in his career? what is it that you guys see in Jackie Butler when he hasn't even played a damn summer league game yet against NBA level competition? Kwame Brown would probably eat that kid up for breakfast & **** him out for lunch.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2005  10:28 AM
Kwame Brown is reaching Tony Mandarich level. MJ was a great player, but he sucked as a talent evaluator. Stay away from Kwame unless it is for the MLE.
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
3/11/2005  10:55 AM
please. please stop ragging MJ

He couldn't have been too bad of a talent evaluator, he got them Hughes

i think you need to realize and understand that he can't dictate what is inside of these guys hearts and minds

you think MJ is the only man who ever drafted a player who didn't take the league by storm?

the world had darko penciled in as an All-Star, so i guess Dumars sucks at evaluating talent too then huh. oh wait

his team won it all, last year!

it's not MJ, it's KWAME!

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/11/2005  10:56 AM
both sweetney and KT? I think brown has potential and hayes is a good player but, I don't know. Plus the wizzards will have about 4 pf's after this trade... Grunfeld is not layden man..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  10:58 AM
NYKfan says Kwame is the second coming of Jermaine O'Neal

(WHAM!)

<---NYKfan
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

please. please stop ragging MJ

He couldn't have been too bad of a talent evaluator, he got them Hughes

i think you need to realize and understand that he can't dictate what is inside of these guys hearts and minds

you think MJ is the only man who ever drafted a player who didn't take the league by storm?

the world had darko penciled in as an All-Star, so i guess Dumars sucks at evaluating talent too then huh. oh wait

his team won it all, last year!

it's not MJ, it's KWAME!

Well, there is a big diff between Kwame and Darko. Kwame gets PT and nada. Darko doesn't get any PT. Jermaine O'Neal back in his Portland days couldn't crack the rotation either.

Being a GM is not an exact science. Can you tell me any player that MJ drafted that is worth anything. Hughes? He traded for him. Every dog has his day. And NO! I am not going to stop ragging on MJ. He fouled Charles Smith! It's a simple as that! Oh...sorry for going off on a tangent.
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  11:35 AM
Oh, so now that i made a valid point you trust to come back with Kwame gets playing time and Darko gets no playing time.

you could have did better than that.

Once again, I will say that ALL the GM's can do is draft based on talent, they can't dictate why players don't live up to expectations, use steroids, committ rapes or smoke weed and whatever else it is that players decide to do AFTER they are drafted.

MJ was looking for a big man. He had Brown, Chandler, Curry, Diop, Hunter, Jason collins, Brendan Haywood, Dalembert to choose from.

Who would you had picked?

Did you know that Tinsley, Parker, Arenas were all picked after Joe Forte and Gerald Sasser.

GM's make good and bad moves. That's what they do. It's the nature of the beast.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/11/2005  11:39 AM
I think Curry came a year after Kwame & Chandler. Curry was the #1 pick

out of the 3 Curry is more talented offensively but Chandler would help us the most because of his defense, shotblocking, rebounding and energy.
bigpimpin
USA
3/11/2005  11:42 AM
And I almost forgot. To answer your trivia question.

The Wizards only had 1 draft pick that year. So you can't find anyone else who MJ ever drafted but you can check his resume to see if he knows anything about the game of basketball. As a matter of fact, put his resume up against yours. You'd prolly even take his resume before yours. HAHA

Is it me or doesn't it take someone to evualate a player before he drafts or trades for that player?

Kwame Brown trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy