[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jamal Sampson
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2002  1:23 PM
He has declared after his freshmen year and is expected to be a late first to second round pick. He's 6-11, 235lbs and if he put a little meat on his bones he would be a good NBA center. He's a good rebounder, shot blocker, and has a nice touch around the hoop. He's ex-nba player Ralph Sampson's cousin so the talent is definitely there. He will likely be drafted behind Dan Gadzuric and Jason Jennings, but most figure he has more potential. If he were to stay all four years in school and develop like most think he would than he would probably end up as good as a mid-first round pick. I think he would be a great player to take with our second round pick. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/24/2002  2:53 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

He has declared after his freshmen year and is expected to be a late first to second round pick. He's 6-11, 235lbs and if he put a little meat on his bones he would be a good NBA center. He's a good rebounder, shot blocker, and has a nice touch around the hoop. He's ex-nba player Ralph Sampson's cousin so the talent is definitely there. He will likely be drafted behind Dan Gadzuric and Jason Jennings, but most figure he has more potential. If he were to stay all four years in school and develop like most think he would than he would probably end up as good as a mid-first round pick. I think he would be a great player to take with our second round pick. Thoughts?
Draft a center with our second round pick or if a good PG is still available, go for a good PG. - e.g. Dickau.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/24/2002  10:20 PM
Who does Sampson play for??? How come we have not heard of him before??
Caseloads
3/25/2002  2:04 AM
Posted by VG:

how'd jason jennings get ranked so high on www.nbadraft.net? he used to be ranked in the second round, how'd he leap to the 1st round?
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2002  3:34 PM
Posted by VG:

He played for California this year. He didn't see a lot of time, but played behind Solomon Hughes, a senior who will likely be drafted in the late second round. Sampson has a lot of potential, but probably isn't ready to come out this year even though he is. He didn't play in the McDonald's game last year because of injury, but was and is still listed as a top 10 freshman, including the players that went pro. He would be a nice pick in the second round.
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2002  3:35 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by VG:

how'd jason jennings get ranked so high on www.nbadraft.net? he used to be ranked in the second round, how'd he leap to the 1st round?
Jennings has been up there for awhile. I don't know much about him, so i can't say why he's up there.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/25/2002  4:31 PM
He's real f-ing ugly, that's about all I can say. He plays at Arkansas St. Come on, the only reason he is there is because he is 7 foot. If the Knicks pick him I might light myself on fire...that would be absolutely awful. An American Fred Weis.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2002  5:18 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

He's real f-ing ugly, that's about all I can say. He plays at Arkansas St. Come on, the only reason he is there is because he is 7 foot. If the Knicks pick him I might light myself on fire...that would be absolutely awful. An American Fred Weis.
If you're refering to taking him with our first round pick, yes, that would be crazy, but taking him in the second round if he slips wouldn't be. He's a little more proven than Sampson, but Sampson has more potential and would likely be available in the second round before Jennings or Dan Gadzuric would.
VG
Australia
3/26/2002  4:08 AM
If Sampson has potential we should definitely get him with our second round-pick if we can. Good 6-11 players are harder to find than good point-guards...
Knixkik
USA
3/26/2002  4:40 PM
We might have to scratch the possibility of Jamal Sampson off the list. When he declared, most thought he would be a late first rounder at best, but nbadraft.net now has him ahead of Jennings and Gadzuric into the mid first round.

As of right now though we are predicted to take 7-0, 270lbs center, Fatih Solak from Turkey. He's raw, but has a big body and could help. The biggest concern is that he may be born in 1979 and not be eligible for the draft, but as far as they know he was born in 1980 and can be drafted. He would be a nice pick.
VG
Australia
3/27/2002  1:39 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

The biggest concern is that he may be born in 1979 and not be eligible for the draft, but as far as they know he was born in 1980 and can be drafted.

Is there an age restriction to being drafted?? I know you have to be at least senior in HS but I didn't know euros had restrictions too...
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/27/2002  4:42 AM
Yeah VG , there are some rules with european players,

When an International player becomes 22 years old he automatically becomes eligible for the NBA draft. If he goes undrafted, he then becomes a free agent, and can sign with any NBA Team. However, the player's current contract with an International team must be bought out or played through. A player must declare himself eligible in order to be drafted before the age of 22.
Caseloads
3/27/2002  8:45 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

We might have to scratch the possibility of Jamal Sampson off the list. When he declared, most thought he would be a late first rounder at best, but nbadraft.net now has him ahead of Jennings and Gadzuric into the mid first round.

As of right now though we are predicted to take 7-0, 270lbs center, Fatih Solak from Turkey. He's raw, but has a big body and could help. The biggest concern is that he may be born in 1979 and not be eligible for the draft, but as far as they know he was born in 1980 and can be drafted. He would be a nice pick.
you mean '81
Jamal Sampson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy