[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Favorite NYK Game this Saturday
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/10/2005  7:04 AM
Hey, with most of you guys switching over to NBATV instead of MSG after all that Time Warner bs, I saw this on NBA.com. Should give you atleast 1 good day of Knick basketball.
NBA TV will broadcast fan favorite on Saturday at 4pm ET
Vote For Your Favorite Knick Game
-----------------------------------------------------------------
NBA TV will be showing your favorite New York Knicks game this Saturday! The editors at NBA TV have selected the top Knicks matchups from the past 25 years. Select which one is your favorite and tune-in to NBA TV on Saturday, March 12 at 4pm ET to watch the winning game!

1970: NBA Finals Game 7, vs. Lakers
Not expected to play, Willis Reed hobbled onto the court and hit his first two jumpers lift the Knicks to a 113-99 victory and the NBA title. Overshadowed by Reed's effort was one of the great playoff performances in NBA history by Walt Frazier, who led the Knicks with 36 points and 19 assists.

1984: East First Round Game 5, vs. Pistons
Behind 44 points from Bernard King, who finished the series with a 42.6 average, the Knicks overcame Isiah Thomas' 16 points in the final 94 seconds to come away with a 127-123 overtime victory against the Pistons and win the best-of-five series 3-2.

1990: East First Round Game 5, vs. Celtics
Down 0-2 in the best-of-five first round, the Knicks rallied back to tie, then faced the Celtics in a deciding Game 5 at Boston Garden. Patrick Ewing's improbable turn-around 3-pointer from the corner capped a 121-114 victory. The Knicks became only the third team to win a best-of-five series after being down 0-2 and also snapped a 26-game losing streak in Boston.

1999: East First Round Game 5, vs. Heat
With only 2.9 seconds to go and the Knicks down one, Allan Houston lofted a shot in the lane. It hit rim. It hit the backboard. It fell through, and with it, the Heat became the second No. 1 seed to fall in the first round, 78-77.

1999: East Finals Game 3, vs. Pacers
The game was in doubt until the ball was in Larry Johnson's hands. His four-point play, a 3-pointer plus a foul, with 5.7 seconds remaining made the Garden crowd erupt and propelled the Knicks to a 92-91 win over the Pacers, giving New York a 2-1 series lead.

http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/knick_game_vote.html
Might as well have a say in what your watching.
AUTOADVERT
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/10/2005  8:30 AM
Thanks MaTT4281.Too bad I dont have NBATV unfortunately.Id watch all of those games again if I could.The one Ive seen replayed the least but enjoyed very much was the 1990: East First Round Game 5, vs. Celtics.

If my memory serves me the Celtics had blown out the Knicks in the previous game big time and the Knicks were down 0-2.I remember watching Bird and Mchale trashing the Knicks after the game.

I was surprised that they didnt think or didnt care that it would be used for locker room material by the Knicks.I kept saying to myself,"Wait until they hear this" and they did and the Knicks came back and won the series.It was so great seeing the looks on those Celtic faces afterwards.

Favorite NYK Game this Saturday

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy