[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who knows anything about Danny Granger???
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  4:28 PM
4 year player from New Mexico. The team has a good record, I'm thinking we will get to see him at least once when the tourney starts. Looks like a solid player at the 3. Great rebounder, good skills all around... I'm looking (hoping) to get a solid player with the Pho pick. With this draft I'm certain a solid 4 year guy like this will slip... I hope we nab one.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  5:09 PM
draft city did an interview with him. he wants to play for the Heat badly. doesn't mean we can't draft him.

http://www.draftcity.com/viewarticle.php?a=108

Chad Ford also mentioned him in a recent column as someone who's stock is rising, but I can't open Insider right now. The kid is quite good though. 6'8", 20ppg scorer, great defense, 2 blocks and 2 steals per game.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/9/2005  5:11 PM
Interesting take from Marty Blake about Bogut and Granger (linked in the interview above):

Scout: MWC stars not NBA stars
By Iliana Limón
Tribune Reporter
February 22, 2005

Marty Blake, NBA scouting director, said Danny Granger and Andrew Bogut will both make fine professional basketball players, but he isn't dubbing them draft stars.

Blake was one of about two dozen pro scouts who watched Granger, New Mexico's all-everything senior forward, and Bogut, Utah's larger-than-life sophomore center, duke it out in The Pit on Monday night. He called it an exciting game with a dynamic Pit crowd, but added it paled in comparison to the talent players face on an average night in the NBA.

Without the elite competition, Blake said, fans are getting an inflated view of the Mountain West Conference's biggest studs.

"Granger's a great athlete, but don't let anybody tell you he's a first-round pick," Blake said. "I'm not saying he's not going to be a first-round pick, but there's going to be 26 Europeans with a lot of experience entering the draft this year, and you'll have five or six solid high school kids.

"I think he's an NBA player, but most of these college players have a long way to go."

Bogut, who posted a breakout performance in the summer Olympics for his native Australia, earned an equally harsh assessment.

"Bogut has got a great future, but he needs to stay in school," Blake said. "He'll get stronger and develop a better hook shot if he stays in school. He is not playing against people his size. There are no centers. This is a kid with tremendous international experience. He's no secret, which means he's expected to be a good player."

Blake has plenty of experience to back up his assessment. He is considered a pro scouting guru after 45 years working in the NBA, including 17 years as general manager of the Atlanta Hawks.

He said Granger is getting good publicity but would benefit from appearing in all-star games once his Lobo career is over.

Granger has been invited to play in the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, an all-star event, Blake said, that has showcased past NBA stars Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and Willis Reed.

Blake also expects Granger to earn invitations to the NBA's biggest draft camp in Chicago and another all-star game in St. Louis.

"He's going to have the opportunity to play the best players in the world," Blake said. "I hope he'll take the advice of most people and go play in these postseason events. They can really help him."
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/9/2005  5:13 PM
here's the Chad Ford thing:

Draft Cards
A number of scouts over the past few weeks have called to claim that New Mexico senior forward Danny Granger may be the most underrated prospect in the draft.
Says one NBA scout, "If he were at Duke, he'd be a top-five pick right now."

Granger has been battling injuries for the past few weeks, but if you've seen him play healthy you can sympathize. He's long, athletic, physical, has a huge heart and has even added a 3-pointer to his arsenal. At 6-8 and 230, what isn't to like?

Look for Granger to work his way into the late lottery to mid-first round once he gets into workouts. There aren't very many draft prospects who will be able to hang with Granger in an NBA draft workout.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  5:23 PM
I have a feeling we are going to get a guy like this with the pick... probably around 10-12. I have no beef... We could use hardworking guys that play like every minute is their last. I'm so sick of hearing EVERY broadcast how TT is so talented and he only needs to be more consistant. I've been hearing this since he left Nova. Give me a guy like Udonis Haslem over TT anyday. His numbers are a little inflated playing between Shaq and Wade but his effort isnt. We could use some more substance and less style
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/9/2005  6:06 PM
I just wrote a thread about this guy 3 days ago.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=8292
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
3/9/2005  6:23 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/dannygranger.asp

NBA Comparison: Eddie Griffin (smaller version)

Strengths: An extremely well-rounded wing...Can do just about anything on a basketball floor...Ferocious rebounder...Grabs the ball at its apex and isn’t shy to protect it with his elbows...Puts up monster numbers, even when facing constant double/triple teams...The unquestioned leader on the floor...Tremendous shot-blocker...Quick hands...Plays passing lanes very well...Always around the ball...Has all the physical tools, instincts, and intensity to be a shut-down defender...Plays with great intensity and passion...Has great range on his always-improving jumper...Has added the 3-pointer to his arsenal (almost 48% from beyond the arc)...Has a better post-up game than other wing players...Improving spot-up shooter...Runs the floor well...Decent ball-handler...Great finisher...Much better footwork (on both ends) than most players his size...Great build...Long arms...Has cut down on the stupid fouls that have plagued his game in the past...Still has some upside left...A gamer.

Weaknesses: Durability is a major concern...Back/knee problems have forced him to miss parts of the past three seasons...His perimeter skills need extensive polishing, since New Mexico requires him to play inside so much...Needs to become a much better passer...Doesn’t posses a great first step...Just an average athlete, nothing spectacular...Occasional inconsistencies at the foul line (due to a small hitch at the top of his free-throw stroke)...Sometimes forces his offense too much...Inflated stats because of the Mountain West’s lack of talent...The proverbial “jack of all trades, master of none”...Will have to accept being a role player on the next level...Stamina issues...Has never had a positive assist/turnover ratio.
Notes: Only player in college basketball to average over 18 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two steals, and two blocks in 2004-2005.

VDesai
USA
3/9/2005  6:38 PM
Anyway I love this guy at pick 28-29. He'd be my absolute first choice. But if we move into borderline lottery status or somehow make the first round I'd jump on him as well. He's one of my favorite players in this draft.

On the old thread I posted, I also mentioned Eddie Basden of Charlotte. He's a well-built 6'5" SG who is one of the best perimeter defenders in the country. He'd be another option at for that late pick.

It'd be nice to get a center like Channing Frye but we have to consider some of the other options at that pick. Don't just reach for a center if a nice perimeter player is available.
VDesai
USA
3/12/2005  12:05 AM
Danny Granger and New Mexico are on ESPN now.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/12/2005  1:43 AM
I saw granger play some tonight, and forget all the crap about the competition he plays against, the kid has some unteachable tools, like great hands, quick leaping ability and his footwork is excellent. I like this kid and I am also a big fan of Gomes, I would take either with our late pick. It is funny how guys like josh Howard and marquis daniels were very good players at very good programs for 4 years and got no love. Everyone is looking for that superfreak athlete, and while they do that, real ball players fall in the cracks,like the daniels and the Howards, guys who can defend, are mature, score and pass. Both are good athletes and compete every night, the knicks need those kind of versatile players, I would take Daniels and Howard, and build a team around those guys If I could..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/12/2005  10:14 AM
Yeah, I know him. This guy was a LOTTERY pick 2 years ago until he hurt his knee. People compared him to the next Scottie Pippen and if you have seen him play, he does have many resemblences of his game. he came back and play *4* last year and almost came out, then decided to move back to 3 and get his degree. he hurt his knee again[torn meniscus] early in january and missed almost a month of this season.

this guy is one of only a few two way monsters in this draft. He's a better defensive and rebounding player than Graham because of his length. he still gets a lot of his shots on close range type plays, and that is tough because you dont know how that correlates to nBA basketball--

in terms of nBA body, talent and athletiscm, this is a top 10 talent on the board, there is no question about that

Im not big on guys like chris paul charlie Villenueva foreign players etc... guy siwth bodies that dont equate to the nBA. I do like hakim and continue to warm up to his talents, but i think he may be drafted top 5.
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2005  10:33 AM
Posted by tkf:

I saw granger play some tonight, and forget all the crap about the competition he plays against, the kid has some unteachable tools, like great hands, quick leaping ability and his footwork is excellent. I like this kid and I am also a big fan of Gomes, I would take either with our late pick. It is funny how guys like josh Howard and marquis daniels were very good players at very good programs for 4 years and got no love. Everyone is looking for that superfreak athlete, and while they do that, real ball players fall in the cracks,like the daniels and the Howards, guys who can defend, are mature, score and pass. Both are good athletes and compete every night, the knicks need those kind of versatile players, I would take Daniels and Howard, and build a team around those guys If I could..

I left a note for myself to check out the replay of that game last night. It was New Mexico vs. SanDiego State. I caught the last 5 minutes. By then Granger was pretty much finished for the night with a nice lead.

The only guy I got to see play was this kid Slaughter. He isn't on anybody's radar and he might be worth a look somewhere down the line.

I think Isiah will definately be looking at a swing man in this draft. The Knicks need some more athletic bodies on the perimeter. Penny is getting by on savy. Gomes is a guy that might slip through the cracks.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/12/2005 10:33:59]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/12/2005  10:39 AM
Gomes deserves some real consideration. They got him listed as a power fwd in some places. He's definately not a power/fwd. I really like this dude. His inside game is really nice and he has balanceed it with a nice outside, slashing game too. Lots of talent and he would make a nice Knick.

Sorry about the extra posts but what suprises me about Danny Granger is his three point percentage and his blocks per game.

Danny Granger and Gomes would be awesome pick ups in this draft.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/12/2005 10:42:32]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
who knows anything about Danny Granger???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy