[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

which game 5 was better?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  4:27 PM
game 5 vs. miami in 99 (8 seed vs 1 seed, ewing playing hurt, and the houston shot)

or

game 5 vs. boston in 90 (lost 35+ games in a row at the boston garden, against bird/mchale/parish, mo cheeks best guard on the floor, and ewing's 3)

it's a tough one b/c the miami one is more recent and propelled the team to the finals but that win and entire series vs. boston (on the downside of the bird era) was the knick version of david vs. goliath.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  4:35 PM
that game made me Knick fan. I barely followed the NBA at the time, and Ewing was the only guy on the Knicks I knew. I didnt follow the team at all until then. The next couple years OK. 92-93 was the year I became a freak and that was STILL my favotite Knick team. Riley took over, and it was Ewing, Oak, XMan, Mark Jackson and Gerald Wilkins. The bench was Starks, Mason and Greg Anthony.
Game 7 loss to the Bulls.. anyone remember XMan tossing MJ to the ground? That guy was nuts...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/9/2005  4:38 PM
Whoa, nice question. i go with '99. That was so totally unexpected, both the beating of Miami and the Houston drive. i was in a public place and screamed my head off, fightening the local populace. (it actually was a hair salon where i had brought my son to get a haircut. The insipid Eurobitches who cut hair there gave me the most demeaning looks to kill you could imagine. Screw 'em).

The '90 win over the Celtics featured the famous Bird missed dunk. (Remember, "I jumped so high I surprised myself and missed the dunk. Right Larry, and the Eurobitches were fussing because they wanted me so bad).
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  4:48 PM
those same "insipid Eurobitches" are the ones that rub their boobs against you while trimming your neck with the buzzer... and lets be honest, what beats that?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/9/2005  4:52 PM
Posted by fishmike:

those same "insipid Eurobitches" are the ones that rub their boobs against you while trimming your neck with the buzzer... and lets be honest, what beats that?

HA! I got one now that gives me the most sensual shampoo that I swear I think I'm going to cum out of my ears!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/9/2005  4:54 PM
Posted by Marv:

Whoa, nice question. i go with '99. That was so totally unexpected, both the beating of Miami and the Houston drive. i was in a public place and screamed my head off, fightening the local populace. (it actually was a hair salon where i had brought my son to get a haircut. The insipid Eurobitches who cut hair there gave me the most demeaning looks to kill you could imagine. Screw 'em).

The '90 win over the Celtics featured the famous Bird missed dunk. (Remember, "I jumped so high I surprised myself and missed the dunk. Right Larry, and the Eurobitches were fussing because they wanted me so bad).
Eurobitches: Classic!! LOL.
Bird's Explanation: Classic!! LOL.

This Eurobitches thing really has wongs doesn't it?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/9/2005  4:55 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

game 5 vs. miami in 99 (8 seed vs 1 seed, ewing playing hurt, and the houston shot)

or

game 5 vs. boston in 90 (lost 35+ games in a row at the boston garden, against bird/mchale/parish, mo cheeks best guard on the floor, and ewing's 3)

it's a tough one b/c the miami one is more recent and propelled the team to the finals but that win and entire series vs. boston (on the downside of the bird era) was the knick version of david vs. goliath.

Nice change of pace.

I remember that game too in 1990. I was a kid. I remember saying 'yo mom, Ewing is shooting three's!!!!!"

Fish- that Knicks team with X-man and them made me a Knick fan for real. I got my transfusion that day.

Back then The Knicks and the Piston were not playing with the Bulls.

I believe the next round was against the Pistons....correct me if I'm wrong. Mark Aguirre was a maniac. He was stepping to Pippen on some real "I'm gonna f-you up" stuff. Mark Aguirre waited for Pippen in the parking lot and was gonna do it after the game but there was staff and teamates trying to stop it.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  4:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:

that game made me Knick fan. I barely followed the NBA at the time, and Ewing was the only guy on the Knicks I knew. I didnt follow the team at all until then. The next couple years OK. 92-93 was the year I became a freak and that was STILL my favotite Knick team. Riley took over, and it was Ewing, Oak, XMan, Mark Jackson and Gerald Wilkins. The bench was Starks, Mason and Greg Anthony.
Game 7 loss to the Bulls.. anyone remember XMan tossing MJ to the ground? That guy was nuts...

that playoff series is still my favorite one to this day.

you saw the knicks WIN game 1 shocking everybody. i still remember ewing and riley looking at each other and smiling at the end of that game. then you had the game 3 were jordan had an "and 1" on xman, stood over him and started screaming (something YOU NEVER SEE). then you saw game 6 where ewing got hurt in the 1st half, came back in the 2nd and drop 2 consecutive "and 1's" including the xman and ewing three time hand slap while ewing was on the floor. you saw starks literally CLOTHESLINE pippen to the floor and wasn't even given a technical or flagrant foul.

man, we got away with MURDER that year and almost stunned the entire NBA.

if only xman didn't bounce to boston...
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/9/2005  5:01 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

that playoff series is still my favorite one to this day.

you saw the knicks WIN game 1 shocking everybody. i still remember ewing and riley looking at each other and smiling at the end of that game. then you had the game 3 were jordan had an "and 1" on xman, stood over him and started screaming (something YOU NEVER SEE). then you saw game 6 where ewing got hurt in the 1st half, came back in the 2nd and drop 2 consecutive "and 1's" including the xman and ewing three time hand slap while ewing was on the floor. you saw starks literally CLOTHESLINE pippen to the floor and wasn't even given a technical or flagrant foul.

man, we got away with MURDER that year and almost stunned the entire NBA.

if only xman didn't bounce to boston...

Yes!

You can't be a real Knick fan if you didn't love that team. After that year Riley went crazy with the trades and got rid of everyone just about.....and a certain guy with the initials CS....geez.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/9/2005  5:07 PM
The only thing I liked about Charles Smith was his wife. Have you ever seen he? She was straight beautiful!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/9/2005  5:10 PM
Man, I really got interested in basketball and the Knicks way too late.
Thank god for ESPN Classic.
which game 5 was better?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy