[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

our big offseason aquisition....
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  3:49 PM
will be Dampier. Man, I can see it now. TT and the late #1 for Dampier and junk. I'm scared... someone send me a cold glass of grape kool-aid
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  3:51 PM
it'll be tt, kurt, sweets, ariza and a #1 for dampier and finley

<crosses fingers> one can only hope!!!
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
3/9/2005  4:01 PM
I really think you're overreacting to Isiah's latest trades. He picked up a 2 year contract and a 3 year contract, and only the latter extends past the HoustonShandon watermark. He also disavowed interest in Webber. Maybe he was just blowing smoke, but if IT really did make a conscious decision to avoid CWebb like the plague, what makes you think he'll be going after a Dampier type player?
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  4:03 PM
could be worse... at least they wont both be coming off major knee surguries...

Marbury
Crawford
Finley
Taylor
Dampier

bench Penny, Rose, JYD...

Could be worse. I bet that team would win 45 games in the East. Maybe we draft Channing Frye with the late #1 and people can say we are still young because of our core of Crawford, Jackie Butler and Channing Frye
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  4:05 PM
Tom.. I'm just having some fun but I picked Dampier because Isiah tried very hard to get him and sign him to EXACTLY the same contract he has right now.
tomverve
Member: #878
3/9/2005  4:11 PM
True, we did luck out a bit by not getting him after all (though I think he'd have been a lot more effective for us than he's been for Dallas).

Personally, I have no idea in the world what Isiah is going to do this summer. There are so many ways he could go right now. I'm not expecting any miracles, but I'm not skittish that he's going to break all the fine china either. But I am really antsy to just get to draft day already.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  4:24 PM
I wasnt as down on the Dampier prospect as more. Yes he would have been overpaid, but we would have been overpaying for a player we had a desperate need for. Dampier has faults but he's 10X the player Nazr is. He's a solid defender and rebounder and can block shots as well.

Dampier is making $2mm LESS than Mo Taylor. Who would you rather have?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  4:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I wasnt as down on the Dampier prospect as more. Yes he would have been overpaid, but we would have been overpaying for a player we had a desperate need for. Dampier has faults but he's 10X the player Nazr is. He's a solid defender and rebounder and can block shots as well.

Yeah, Isiah really should have been able to trade Vin and Moochie for Dampier.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/9/2005  4:36 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Tom.. I'm just having some fun but I picked Dampier because Isiah tried very hard to get him and sign him to EXACTLY the same contract he has right now.

I did not want dampier at all, i was one of the detractors of that deal. those Huge numbers, his age and underachieving ways had me scared to death... I can almost guarantee, that he will be with dallas for the length of his contract.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  4:38 PM
well.. If Cuban does want him traded I can think of at least one team that will take him
BigC
Member: #829
3/9/2005  4:40 PM
I don't think Isiah wants Damp now. We have to move forward not backwards. I would be more interested in a young center right now.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  4:44 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Yeah, but see how you feel when he's 36. I don't want Damps, but that sure doesn't mean he isn't coming.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  4:46 PM
Posted by tomverve:

I really think you're overreacting to Isiah's latest trades.
Overreacting is probably an understatement. Taking one extra season of a contract for Malik Rose is really a trade that has such a minimal impact that I'm surprised anyone cares to write more than one sentence on the trade.
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  4:55 PM
crzymdups, I agree. The contract is bad, really bad. You will see Dale Davis part II there in a few years. 2 points.. one was this almost happened. The other is while I wasnt a big fan of it either it would have made us a different team. Its paying too much money, but at least your addessing a huge need, so while one might argue the sense of it, you cant argue the logic of it. We needed a center and Dampier was clearly the best center on the market. He's been better for that team then his #s imply. In only 27 minutes he's 10th in the league in offesive rebounds. That team's guards and Dirk all do a great job on the defensive glass.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/9/2005  5:04 PM
Yet another move that in all my desperation for us to get a big, I supported. Dampier isn't what we need, but would be better than nazzy yes. I am soooo glad we didn't get him, though. Props to those who remained calm.

But hey, I wanted us to get Jerome James & Olowakandi too. I just know we need a big and I figure, those guys are big so lets ge them. they are big, but they suck, and would be little more than 6 fouls and a heavy contract.

Bonn good point about the Rose contract, it really is meaningless, its not like he makes 12 million or something. The press made a really big deal about it though, I mean they dissed him on TNT, ESPN, all of the NY papers, they hammered him o now its like official logic that the trades were bad.

fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  5:13 PM
the media WAY overreacted to the Rose trade. I personally think Isiah could have done better if he just held onto Nazr for this offseason or even the deadline next year. As for the pick SA had the 2 of them, you cant convince me we coudlnt have bought that pick outright, but life goes on. Rose is good even if he doesnt have a roll and maybe gives you some depth or flexibility to move another player.

While Isiah didnt do anything impressive in that trade there is no reason it should have blasted the way it was.

Mo T is a guy with big money, more time and the 5th PF on the roster who will only take minutes from Sweetney. It just doesnt make sense
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/9/2005  5:48 PM
...unless there is another move in store. Has anyone read in the article where a writer hypothesized that getting those picks was so we could give one up to get Larry Brown? How would people feel about that? I like him better than Phil Jackson, and I think he could make Steph better, which would in turn make our whole team better.
fishmike
USA
3/9/2005  6:03 PM
Larry doesnt like young players. I dont see him being a fit for this team. Personally the guy I want to coach (if not just keep Herb) is Isiah. Its his group, lets see him get the most of this group. Then there's no excuses.
our big offseason aquisition....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy