[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Amityville Loses in Fraser's last game
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/24/2002  10:45 AM
Amityville lost in the state champiionship to St. Mary's, who I've seen play a bunch since they always play my school. Fraser fouled out and his team lost in his last game. St. Mary's has a good 2-guard named Mamadou Diakhate, he's only a junior, should be a pretty good player, just thought I should let everyone know.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2002  11:37 AM
I went to the games friday night at the glens falls civic center because i live near there, but i couldn't go see the finals saturday. The first game i saw was Lincoln vs. Rice and Rice was without two starters including 7-3 center, Shagari Allyne because they were ineligible. Rice is ranked 6th in the nation and still played well despite there losses. It was a good game though and Rice won by two. Sebastian Telfair had a sucky first half, only scoring 5 and shooting like 2 for 12 from the field, but he took over in the second half and put up 25. He's a great player, but i'm not sure if he's any Stephon Marbury.
BigSm00th
USA
3/24/2002  11:57 AM
He is only a sophomore though, he should improve. Still, I'm beginning to wonder if all the publicity put on these players (Fraser, Telfair, LeBron James) will affect them down the road. Too much pressure to put on a high school junior putting him on the cover of SI saying he's the next best thing for bball. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2002  1:10 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

He is only a sophomore though, he should improve. Still, I'm beginning to wonder if all the publicity put on these players (Fraser, Telfair, LeBron James) will affect them down the road. Too much pressure to put on a high school junior putting him on the cover of SI saying he's the next best thing for bball. It will be interesting to see how they handle it.
I think they will do alright either way. Telfair is only a sophmore, but he's got a lot of improving to do before they can call him the best point guard in high school basketball. James is the most complete player ever as a junior and that won't change. By the way, how many points did Frasier have before fouling out in that finals game?
BigSm00th
USA
3/24/2002  3:04 PM
I believe it said either 6 or 8 points and a bunch of boards, like 16 or 17.
#Knickstaps
Amityville Loses in Fraser's last game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy