[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks are a more balanced team! A look at Herb.
Author Thread
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
3/8/2005  11:47 PM
You have to appreciate the way this team has been playing after the trade. This team seems more balanced. We can now have a few guys that can postup and we have guys that can shoot. This team is now a team that can go inside and outside. We can also run or play a half court game.

There are a few moves that I like that Herb has made:

1. I like the fact that Jamal has been running the point more. When Jamal plays the point we seem to run into our offensive faster. Jamal also allows Marbury to rest and to play the 2 guard

2. Tim Thomas is getting plays called for him. Tim is also getting setup in the post more often. This causes a matchup problems for opposing teams. Tim now is taking it inside and outside. Tim is also getting minutes at the pf.

3. More postup players. We have Sweetney, Mo and Tim. All of them can demand a double team. The Knicks are also taking advantage of having these players in the post when they have a good position.

4. I like the defensive unit and their defensive attitude. Last few games Herb played Malik, JYD, Kurt, and Ariza together and this made it very difficult for our opponents to score. He normally runs this unit with Jamal running the point. Malik has been calling out defensive plays whenever he he has been on the court.

5. Herb ialso does not hesitate to pull players out that are not playing a 100% on the defense or getting rebounds.

Herb is not the best, but he is doing ok. We will see how long this last, but for now enjoy the moment.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  12:00 AM
I think Herb is doing a great job. I hope he gets a real shot at the job this summer.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/9/2005  12:00 AM
well see what they can do on the road. they're due for a big road win
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  12:02 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

they haven't had a big road win all year.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  12:05 AM
main difference on the offensive side is tim. he's been aggressive and producing, not just another body out there. that's a BIG KEY in the recent trends.

7-3 over the past 10, 4-1 since the deadline. any win for this team is a good win but we need to temper the joy a smidge. each team we beat had injuries with the only win against a full squad being the lakers.

i'm happy with the way they're playing but i can't shake the feeling that the bottom will fall out.

next 2 games will tell a WHOLE lot about this team.

time will tell...
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  12:06 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by gunsnewing:

they haven't had a big road win all year.

i remember 1 b/c i was there - the 19 point 4th quarter turnaround in philly but 7-22 means they are few and FAR between.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/9/2005  12:25 AM
Herb needs to understand that Sweetney or Taylor have to be on the floor at all times.
BigC
Member: #829
3/9/2005  12:27 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

main difference on the offensive side is tim. he's been aggressive and producing, not just another body out there. that's a BIG KEY in the recent trends.

7-3 over the past 10, 4-1 since the deadline. any win for this team is a good win but we need to temper the joy a smidge. each team we beat had injuries with the only win against a full squad being the lakers.

i'm happy with the way they're playing but i can't shake the feeling that the bottom will fall out.

time will tell...

Good point. Alot of people may not what to hear it, but we really need Tim if we are going to win many of these games. When Tim is playing good you forget that Ariza is on the team. I believe that our losing streak started because Tim being injured.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
Masterplan
Member: #362
3/9/2005  12:32 AM
Posted by BigC:
Posted by djsunyc:

time will tell...

Good point. Alot of people may not what to hear it, but we really need Tim if we are going to win many of these games. When Tim is playing good you forget that Ariza is on the team. I believe that our losing streak started because Tim being injured.

i'd say, our winning ways since the trade deadline came because TT emerged as what we were expecting of him all along. and we played some weaker teams.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/9/2005  12:44 AM
Herb needs to understand that Sweetney or Taylor have to be on the floor at all times.

Wrong, herb has a mutiple of options and needs to go with who's playing well, who's defending well, who's shooting well, ect ect..
Anyone of our 20 pfs can play the game. This team has no choice but to have chemistry and team defense to do anything. Once we have that the height and balance won't be so obvious( even though I find that hard to believe)but hey... KT said we have to win 3 out of every 4 games ( since the all star break) to have a lagit shot at a playoffs, which they will probably encounter the heat and get embarass even worse then last year.
ES
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/9/2005  1:09 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

Wrong, herb has a mutiple of options and needs to go with who's playing well, who's defending well, who's shooting well, ect ect..
Anyone of our 20 pfs can play the game. This team has no choice but to have chemistry and team defense to do anything. Once we have that the height and balance won't be so obvious( even though I find that hard to believe)but hey... KT said we have to win 3 out of every 4 games ( since the all star break) to have a lagit shot at a playoffs, which they will probably encounter the heat and get embarass even worse then last year.

Wrong. A post player opens up the floor for shooters and slashers. They are a much better team with either on the court.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/9/2005  7:01 AM
I've been happy with Herb, but I just want to scream everytime he sends Penny off the bench before Ariza.
The Knicks are a more balanced team! A look at Herb.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy