[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoffs
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/9/2005  7:11 AM
You wonder right? Before the season I was like, the heat are shaq and wade...a crappy eddie jones and a bunch of role players whose name I don't even know.

Before hte trading deadline, we took them to overtime and I continued to believe...we'll know next week when they playt the heat at home (I got tix)...but wouldn't it be something if Rose could battle shaq? If Ariza could keep wade in check? If Timmy comes to play against...exactly, Eddie Jones? I haven't even brought up Marbs and KT.

Could this be for real? I mean, yeah, we beat teams with losing records and injured players, but didn't the rest of the league get their wins agains a poorly coached injured Knick team in January?

I mean...we were 16 - 13 and on our way to making it to the the playoffs...now, if we make it, it has to be as the atlantic division winner (which unfortunately, the celts are running away with it)

OK...I'm cured...while we may not make it to the playoffs this year, I'd like to know sooner rather than later that we aren't.

Go Knicks. That is all from me...I'm not going to be able to respond to being bashed.

Peace
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
3/9/2005  7:25 AM
such negativity....

DAMN THE FRIGGIN LOTTERY!!

~~I for one will think the knicks make the playoffs~
As for my friends they think that too...
Knick fans have 2 believe... or we go down... just listen to o mighty herb williams
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/9/2005  7:47 AM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

such negativity....

Knick fans have 2 believe... or we go down... just listen to o mighty herb williams

Outside of this board, I wear my knick hat and am all about the playoffs, but there is this poster [that kid that bashes me and when I retort Andrew yells at me] that keeps raining on my posting parade...I notice when I finish my posts with (but maybe not) I don't get bashed as much...and even fish has stopped drinking hte kool aid, so I don't know what to think.

I'm going to keep my edited signature until the Heat game is over next week (did I mention I have tickets?) and then we will really know what we got!!

GO KNICKS...third seed is within reach, the celtic honey moon is over...how about that webber trade...if I were the sixers, I'd trade iverson...if he had shut his mouth, they would have never traded for webber and the knicks would be stuck with him. Ha.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 03/09/2005 09:32:21]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/9/2005  8:20 AM
this Knicks have a real problem that they must correct as soon as possible...We have Bruno on the bench who reall never plays, if he is going to be on the bench as a 7', when we face teams that are as tall as the Wizz were last night, he really needs to get in the game and provide a couple of his fouls at least...Our bigs were in foul trouble early because the length of the Wizz was a problem...It is either we use him or we send him on the IL for JB...We really can't continue to have hight deficiency as our problem, because we will get kill just like in Orlando if we don't resolve this..

Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

such negativity....

The true Knickabocker..........
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  8:33 AM
Right now the Knicks would have the 11th pick (or the 11th best odds). I'd rather make the playoffs and get the 16th pick than miss the playoffs and get the 11th pick.
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/9/2005  9:34 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Right now the Knicks would have the 11th pick (or the 11th best odds). I'd rather make the playoffs and get the 16th pick than miss the playoffs and get the 11th pick.

I agree...there is no way we can finish really low unless we lose on purpose.

But I can't see any knick team ever doing that.

So it's playoffs or 11th pick. even if we make the playoffs, won't it be like the same pick anyway?

We may as well just root for the playoffs.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/9/2005  9:41 AM
exactly. after the Nazr trade and the firing of Lenny it was clear that the constant losing was over. If we wanted to get a high pick we would've kept Lenny and Nazr. Then we would be right there with utah, atanta, GS, bobcats. But this is a much better team. Still rooting for the lottery is pointless unless you want to wind up with the 13th pick and take the chance on landing the #1 pick lol

I'll take my chances on the Playoffs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/9/2005  10:27 AM
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by Bonn1997:

So it's playoffs or 11th pick. even if we make the playoffs, won't it be like the same pick anyway?

well, we're going to see what is up, what is the difference between what we saw in Orlando and what we have seen in NY and it will be soon. We have hit a soft spot in the schedule-no back -backs and a lot of home cooking. Now we have to play top 5 NBA teams 4 of next 5, we have 3 b-bs and a western road trip. So this next stetch is going to tell you what is what.

RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
USA
3/9/2005  10:39 AM
The 11th pick will the Knicks jackpot, because Isiah became an hall of fame player while sporting that number....With that pick, Isiah will select the best available big man and that big man will be an all star for years to come....

Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by Bonn1997:

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  10:42 AM
how can i join the the "church of diderotn"?

preach brother, preach.

you are hilarious
diderotn
USA
3/9/2005  10:46 AM
much better than reading about how suck we are, or how bad of a job Isiah is doing as a GM.....I am not affraid of where we pick, because is an excellent evaluator...The best big man will not be drafted with the top 3 picks...you watch...Where was Wade picked, Jordan, and many others???
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by diderotn:

much better than reading about how suck we are, or how bad of a job Isiah is doing as a GM.....I am not affraid of where we pick, because is an excellent evaluator...The best big man will not be drafted with the top 3 picks...you watch...Where was Wade picked, Jordan, and many others???

Find a team that won a title without a top three pick in the starting lineup.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/9/2005  10:57 AM
Dude! forgive me for asking you this question, but how many top 3 picks do WE have on our roster??? This team needs a freaking Center, CENTER, he doesn't have to be a freaking star. All he needs to provide is shot blocking and defensive presence.....Marb was a top 3, Penny
crzymdups
USA
3/9/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Dude! forgive me for asking you this question, but how many top 3 picks do WE have on our roster??? This team needs a freaking Center, CENTER, he doesn't have to be a freaking star. All he needs to provide is shot blocking and defensive presence.....Marb was a top 3, Penny

Marbury was 4th, Penny isn't a starter. Look, I'm not trying to be argumental, but it's a fact that NBA teams are built around high lotto picks. Every great team I can remember has been built around a top three pick. I'm just saying, it's going to be tough to build a contender without a top three pick and going by history IMPOSSIBLE to win a championship.
¿ △ ?
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/9/2005  11:19 AM
How many does detroit have?

BTW...
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

BTW...

billups was #3
sheed was #4
hamilton - lottery
diderotn
USA
3/9/2005  11:26 AM
The only way we can endup with a top pick is to trade, knowing Isiah, he may do just that....But who is out there worthy of such trade? Bogut? I know plenty of bigs on that same draft that are better than him....We will be better off using our picks like they are. It will be nice if Isiah trades Kurt to moveup....

Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by diderotn:

Marbury was 4th, Penny isn't a starter. Look, I'm not trying to be argumental, but it's a fact that NBA teams are built around high lotto picks. Every great team I can remember has been built around a top three pick. I'm just saying, it's going to be tough to build a contender without a top three pick and going by history IMPOSSIBLE to win a championship.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  11:39 AM
this is a wasted arguement. Now they will cry about winning every game and making the playoffs, and by Christmas next year they will be talking about BS scenarios to trade for a guy like Bogut or Marvin Williams.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
3/9/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

BTW...

Nice, man. By the way, neither Ruffin or Marbury were top three picks. But Finals MVP Chauncey Billups was #3. Sheed was #4. And Darko was a #2 pick.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  11:40 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by diderotn:

So there's really that huge a difference between 3 and 4? Did you ask the question about top 3 picks deceptively because you knew Marbury was #4? If so, that's pretty lame.
Playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy