[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Playoffs
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  11:05 PM
I want another Knicks-Miami playoffs with us as the 8th seed and Miami as the #1 seed!
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  11:07 PM
updated standings http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2005&group=conference&column=playoffs&order=null&seasontype=2
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/8/2005  11:11 PM
We are still out off the playoffs and I really dont want to play Miami this year.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  11:14 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

We are still out off the playoffs and I really dont want to play Miami this year.

hahahahaha so true
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
3/8/2005  11:18 PM
Indiana just won
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/8/2005  11:43 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

our next stretch of games will determine quite a bit. I think we had a good patch of games, established some better defensive tendencies[except for the horror show in orlando]

i will say 2 things, both philly and NJ are done. I think we should pass both of them, maybe:>) I think we can all thank God that we didnt get Webber and we'll just have to see what happens when the dust settles.

really, at this point wera 4 back with 22 to go, so the next patch means great deal. We got a HUGE break with Oneal getting hurt, because that leaves us an opening for that 8 seed now. I just hope, when all is said and done we don't end up in position 14--thats about as bad as it gets. Pick 13-14 is very marginal. We can absolutley draft a good player there, but that puts us out of any top tier guy.

Falling back into the drafting pool basically negates any leverage if we did indeed want to trade it as well.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  11:51 PM
yeah I saw the espn highlights of the Sixers game. Webber looked awful missing layup after layup because he can' elevate. Won't the likes of Warrick,Petro,graham,Diaz,villanueva, jack, deron williams, Gomes be available around 14. I'm fine with that especially with Zeke drafting. We weren't getting Bogut anyway and there's no way Vazquez will be a center in the NBA he's a another PF. We'll be fine, its a deep draft

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/08/2005 23:56:48]
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  12:12 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

our next stretch of games will determine quite a bit. I think we had a good patch of games, established some better defensive tendencies[except for the horror show in orlando]

i will say 2 things, both philly and NJ are done. I think we should pass both of them, maybe:>) I think we can all thank God that we didnt get Webber and we'll just have to see what happens when the dust settles.

really, at this point wera 4 back with 22 to go, so the next patch means great deal. We got a HUGE break with Oneal getting hurt, because that leaves us an opening for that 8 seed now. I just hope, when all is said and done we don't end up in position 14--thats about as bad as it gets. Pick 13-14 is very marginal. We can absolutley draft a good player there, but that puts us out of any top tier guy.

Falling back into the drafting pool basically negates any leverage if we did indeed want to trade it as well.

Yeah, it's killing me to see the draft options changing from Taft, Bogut, Warrick to Williams, Petro, Frye..sigh...

As for the rest of March, I think the team would be extremely lucky to go 5-5. If they could manage 5-5 or 6-4, the April schedule is more favorable. Those two games versus Indiana in April should be huge.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
3/9/2005  12:15 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

yeah I saw the espn highlights of the Sixers game. Webber looked awful missing layup after layup because he can' elevate. Won't the likes of Warrick,Petro,graham,Diaz,villanueva, jack, deron williams, Gomes be available around 14. I'm fine with that especially with Zeke drafting. We weren't getting Bogut anyway and there's no way Vazquez will be a center in the NBA he's a another PF. We'll be fine, its a deep draft

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/08/2005 23:56:48]

right now, with our improvement, I think drafting schemes have to change a bit. I think we can be a team that can do something next year, so it would be a great help to get a player who can contribute right away at a position that makes sense. right now the guy that makes sense to me is Jarret Jack. He's bigger than Diaz and more prepared for the nBA right now. i think Diaz has the higher ceiling, but he's not far enough ahead of Jack in that regards to bypass Jack if he is infront of us. When i was saying Diaz, I was thinking we may stink for 2-3 years. Jack right now makes a lot of sense.

the second pick has to be a future's pick--what I would do is guarantee the pick to a player if he doesnt workout for anyone, and he would likely be a guy who may take a year or could just be a fringe helper. That could be a HS player, that could be a player like Nick Fazekas etc.. i think upside at that pick may be more tempting than current skill. But it also wouldnt be horrible to walk out of the draft with ryan Gomes at 29 either. so i think we will have options here, whatever the case that will improve the team.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:

Yeah, it's killing me to see the draft options changing from Taft, Bogut, Warrick to Williams, Petro, Frye..sigh...

As for the rest of March, I think the team would be extremely lucky to go 5-5. If they could manage 5-5 or 6-4, the April schedule is more favorable. Those two games versus Indiana in April should be huge.

but everyone is saying this is a deep draft so we'll be fine. and we can always use Kurt and our picks to trade up if isiah really likes a player.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  12:17 AM
i think to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, we need to be no more than 2 games back on april 1st.

crzy - we have a tough stretch of games coming up including 2 vs. miami, 2 vs. seattle and a west coast trip. i'm just shaking my head as i type this b/c we all know what's going to happen - 38 wins and JUST missing the playoffs...
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  12:21 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

right now, with our improvement, I think drafting schemes have to change a bit. I think we can be a team that can do something next year,

briggs man, you're too funny. now we can do something next year after a nice little 4-1 record. i love it.

we all know the bottom is going to drop out soon. it's the knicks man. they can't go on a miami type run and go 17-3...can they?!?!?!?!?

the worst thing that can happen is 38 wins, 12th pick in the draft and perpetuate the "we're one player away" philosophy.
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:21 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i think to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, we need to be no more than 2 games back on april 1st.

crzy - we have a tough stretch of games coming up including 2 vs. miami, 2 vs. seattle and a west coast trip. i'm just shaking my head as i type this b/c we all know what's going to happen - 38 wins and JUST missing the playoffs...

that would be a disaster! but im going to root hard anyway hopefully this team continues to gel and becomes a really good 10 deep team
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/9/2005  12:26 AM
I'm still rooting for the lottery.
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:26 AM
constant losses to bad teams on the road and even at home will convince me that this is the same old Knicks but until then I will remain positive. They need to play with the same defensive intensity on the road as they do at home. Not come out sluggish! If we can somehow get 1 of the next 2 games which are at home will be in great shape. then we can afford to lose to the heat the 2nd time in miami.
BRIGGS
3/9/2005  1:04 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by BRIGGS:

right now, with our improvement, I think drafting schemes have to change a bit. I think we can be a team that can do something next year,

briggs man, you're too funny. now we can do something next year after a nice little 4-1 record. i love it.

we all know the bottom is going to drop out soon. it's the knicks man. they can't go on a miami type run and go 17-3...can they?!?!?!?!?

the worst thing that can happen is 38 wins, 12th pick in the draft and perpetuate the "we're one player away" philosophy.

what am i supposed to say? there is hope. i guess right now we are somewhere in between that Oraldno loss and some of our wins at home right now--the next several games will really give us an indicator.
RIP Crushalot😞
tomverve
Member: #878
3/9/2005  1:28 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

right now, with our improvement, I think drafting schemes have to change a bit.

I disagree. NY is playing better, but we're still several cuts below a true contender, even to the most optimistic of fans. To use your example, say Jack will be better for the first 3 years, but Diaz will surpass him after that. Well, are the Knicks going to have a strong shot at a title in those 3 years that Jack is better? Maybe, if Isiah works some magic, but I wouldn't take it as a given. We can probably expect the team as a whole to get better and better over those 3 years, but we could also expect the gap between Jack and Diaz to narrow as Diaz closes in on surpassing him. So even if NY is a strong contender by year 3, Jack is now only slightly better than Diaz-- having that slightly better player for that one (perhaps contending) season is not worth having the worse player every year thereafter.

Really, the only teams that have any business forgoing better long term projects for a more sure-fire thing in the short term are those that are in complete, desperate, 'win now' mode. That list is more or less restricted to the title contenders (San Antonio, Miami, etc.), particularly those with veteran/old stars, with perhaps some rare exceptions-- eg teams that already have plenty of long term projects, like this era's Bulls. NY does not fit either category and in general should select the best long term, highest-ceiling talent available (but with preference for swingmen or centers).
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/9/2005  7:01 AM
my signature may soon come to fruition.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 03/09/2005 07:02:57]
all kool aid all the time.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/9/2005  7:04 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

my signature may soon come to fruition.
Maybe, but there's quite a difference between going into the second round, or losing out in the 1st round as the #8 seed.
Ah, hell with it. Upset! Knicks going all the way!
...okay, that's out of my system.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/9/2005  7:08 AM
I am with you, but let's not talk about playoffs just yet...This Knicks team can get very complaisant
The true Knickabocker..........
Playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy