[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gee, The Haterade Trade Really Sucked Didn't It?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/8/2005  10:08 PM
I'll take the 8 and 4 from Malik Rose off the Pine as a rough equivalent to what Nazr Mohammed brought as a starter

Five guys in double figures

20 assists as the ball continues to move a bit better

Did I mention Isiah also added two first rounders?

Nobody will want to play a New York Knicks team with momentum in April
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  10:15 PM
I didn't realize it at the time of the trade, but Malik Rose actually has more of a positive impact on the game than Nazy. (Forget the fact that we also got 2 1st rd picks)
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/8/2005  10:20 PM
How many times are we going to go over this, the trade that people did not like was the Mo Taylor trade.

Gettin 2 1st round picks, however late, was a good thing.

If you come back saying that the Rose trade was so good, it just means you are not even bothering to read people's posts. But maybe you just missed it.

Either way, its the Mo Taylor trade that I hate. And also, Rose is such a bad finisher, he blew so many open layups/dunks today, its annoying, at least he plays great defense.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  10:20 PM
you dont realize how mad I used to get when I used to hear people say Nazr can't be bad if he's shooting 50%

of course all he can do is rebound and putbacks! and plays horrible defense. The worse I've ever seen out of a guy 6-10+ I told you this trade was addition by subtraction.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/8/2005  10:39 PM
Wait, so does that mean that Mailk Rose is the new "Key to the Deal"? Is that moniker transferable?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Masterplan
Member: #362
3/9/2005  12:02 AM
i can't believe we gave up jamison brewer for that scrub.

OK, kidding, whatever. i'm not gonna hate on Nazr now that he's gone. i wish him the best in SA. i liked nazr. i don't think he figured in our future, but i liked him a lot here. not what we needed, but i do wonder how many teams would take him over malik. i bet it would be most. those 3 inches mean a lot, he's a decent center. again, not what we needed (i miss camby) but he's not as bad as his numbers with his groin injury (those really suck, dudes) show.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  8:24 AM
Posted by simrud:

How many times are we going to go over this, the trade that people did not like was the Mo Taylor trade.
"We"? A lot of people have been criticizing both trades. I think Fish gave the Nazy trade a C-
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/9/2005  9:04 AM
and Mo T has been a quality addition to the team. So, even if the Mo T trade was the only one bashed, there is no arguing the momentum shift the trades have made.

I know that teams are sub par, etc. But in January, we were these teams...now it's our turn.

Andrew...You should lighten up a bit. Are you only monitoring my posts?

[Edited by - rvhoss on 03/09/2005 09:28:40]
all kool aid all the time.
MS
Member: #724
3/9/2005  9:19 AM
Again you can keep drinking the koolaide or you can really evaluate the trade, it is unecessary the knicks are playing good ball but they beat one team over 500, and the wizards were missing their best player, and the sixers were missing three guys to our one in our rotation, they look good and the streak is nice

But facts are we are 8 games under 500, isiah has taken on millions of dollars in contracts that are no movable and it just proves how badly this team underachieves........

And if we fall short of the playoffs and we are picking 12 are opposed to six, it only magnifies the stupidity of this trade....
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
3/9/2005  9:23 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

Nimrod...

rvhoss, this is a little childish.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/9/2005  9:26 AM
seriously, even if we make the playoffs (which would be crazy) we are still picking 13th as opposed to six...so, no matter what the knicks do this year...

That's crazy talk...ok ok, you win, the mo t trade sucked and magnifies the stupidity of isiah.

But, it's fun winning games again, no matter who they are against...feels like the life is back at the garden and we actually can beat anybody...we'll see the next two games.

Because we aren't just hitting last second shots (ala bulls against us in our dreadful january) we dominating the scoreboard against teams we are supposed to beat...

Two games coming up...I'm 110% positive they will further divide the board...but, you have to admit...there's been some quality chatter.

Now if msg could only show the next game...
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/9/2005  9:29 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by rvhoss:

Nimrod...

rvhoss, this is a little childish.

Andrew...You should lighten up a bit. Are you only monitoring my posts?
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  9:33 AM
win 1 of the next 2 and I'll be really impressed

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/09/2005 09:44:49]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  9:42 AM
Nobody will want to play a New York Knicks team with momentum in April
and nobody will have to play them in June because we will praying our 1.8% chance at winnnig the lottery comes through.

Is Malik Rose bringing us a title? Did you notice Ariza and Sweetney's minutes last night? Yes... this is reminiscent of the last era. Rather than recognizing we have no chance at winning a championship and about a 1-100 chance of even making the playoffs we sit young players and ride our 30 year old vets en route to a 27 win season, or god forbid we make it as we did last year a 4 game sweep in embarrassing fashion at the hands of Shaq, Wade and the Heat.

Am I drinking haterade or am I tired of seeing the same pattern with new management? Sorry, I would just rather have the 5th pick and a shot at a guy like Wade rather than a 10 pick and another guy like Mike Sweetney.

Love Mike, but the gap in talent isnt up for debate. I'm not asking for 6 years of tanking like the Bulls. Just once recognize a lost season and turn it into an advantage by gaining leverage with draft position.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  9:49 AM
yeah but imo after firing Lenny and trading Nazr the lottery dreams went down the drain. We are a lot closer to being a good team now. We're just a few more moves away. Like trading Penny etc. H20 off the books will be the ultimate consolation prize! We just need that other star player preferrably at SG and a Center.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/9/2005  9:54 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Am I drinking haterade or am I tired of seeing the same pattern with new management? Sorry, I would just rather have the 5th pick and a shot at a guy like Wade rather than a 10 pick and another guy like Mike Sweetney.

Love Mike, but the gap in talent isnt up for debate. I'm not asking for 6 years of tanking like the Bulls. Just once recognize a lost season and turn it into an advantage by gaining leverage with draft position.

I am with you here. Little surprised that Penny is getting the minutes instead of Ariza, but Mike seems to be getting his fair share.

I can see where and why Herb is distributing his minutes - as a player and coach you always play to win. Isiah should step in and let him know to play the young guys more - has to come from the GM.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  9:56 AM
let's go over the last 6 games shall we:

phi - depleted roster after trade
ind - no jamal tinsley
lakers - legitimate win we almost BLEW
@orl - blown out w/o cuttino and christie
gs - legitimate win against a team beneath us
was - w/o jamison

so you can see why my enthusiasm is curbed. why isn't mike getting 30+ mins? why is penny still getting 15+min and ariza 5? i mean seriously, WHAT'S THE POINT?!!??! to make the playoffs? i think we really need to take a step back and assess this in a "big picture" sort of way. what does making the playoffs mean? like fish said, 4 and out against miami. so two more home games in exchange for 10 worse draft spots? is that what we all want? seriously, ask yourselves that question. isn't winning with the rookies 10x better than winning with malik rose, mo taylor, and penny haradaway? do i like it when the knicks win? yes. BUT i know what this team needs to do for NEXT season b/c this one is done. so all these wins now will only cause FALSE hopes in fans and FALSE expectations from management. god forbid we make the playoffs and isiah and co. think we're one player away and make a deal for finley.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
3/9/2005  9:59 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

so you can see why my enthusiasm is curbed. why isn't mike getting 30+ mins? why is penny still getting 15+min and ariza 5? i mean seriously, WHAT'S THE POINT?!!??! to make the playoffs? i think we really need to take a step back and assess this in a "big picture" sort of way. what does making the playoffs mean? like fish said, 4 and out against miami. so two more home games in exchange for 10 worse draft spots? is that what we all want? seriously, ask yourselves that question. isn't winning with the rookies 10x better than winning with malik rose, mo taylor, and penny haradaway? do i like it when the knicks win? yes. BUT i know what this team needs to do for NEXT season b/c this one is done. so all these wins now will only cause FALSE hopes in fans and FALSE expectations from management. god forbid we make the playoffs and isiah and co. think we're one player away and make a deal for finley.

Wow djsunyc....very well said. I'm with you.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  10:13 AM
Don't worry everyone's enthusiasm will be curbed once we lose to Atlanta on the road and continue to lose virtually every road game. The worst part is Penny will continue to play and ariza won't get more than 10mins a game and Sweetney won't get more than 20mins
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2005  10:14 AM
look.. lets see the Knicks beat two real teams at home in the Heat and Sonics. Both are winnable games. I was at the Heat game we pushed to OT and the Sonics play Euro ball and some fundamental perimeter D and boxing out and the Knicks will be in the game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Gee, The Haterade Trade Really Sucked Didn't It?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy