[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas as GM

Author Poll
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
Now that everyone has weighed in, we may as well throw it to a poll... What are we to make of Isiah in the first 16 months on the job?
Disaster (fishmike)
Genius (misterearl)
View Results

Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
3/12/2005  2:39 PM
Mister Earl.
It's all about wins and losses and the numbers don't lie. Herb is getting through to them but started a little slow.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/12/2005  5:14 PM
>> It's all about wins and losses and the numbers don't lie. Herb is getting through to them but started a little slow.

rojasmas - started a little slow?

Oh, you mean in the middle of a deathmarch January road-heavy schedule with several key injuries on the mend?

Do you remember JYD was being pushed as a starter?

Do you remember the last date Allan Houston played an effective game?

Do you remember Penny back home in Memphis?

Tim Thomas MIA?

Kurt and Stephon ready to rumble?

Do you realize, with the press circling like a pack desperate pack of hyenas, how close this squad was to a total implode in Janauary?

What happened?

Leadership was established.

Isiah changed 30 per cent of the roster.

The new Knicks were integrated with a masterful hand

A new team started to discover its voice

Herb has been flat out remarkable.
once a knick always a knick
rojasmas
3/12/2005  7:16 PM
Hey, if he can somehow get this group into the playoffs then we will all be impressed and he'll get the job next year for sure-forget Phil Jackson. But that is a big if, and unless Grant Hill is out for a while, I don't see anyone but maybe Orlando hitting a major slide.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/12/2005  9:57 PM
Jersey just got pounded, the sixers are already in a slide and as Oneil is done for the year. I'd say our chances are looking good.
all kool aid all the time.
rojasmas
3/12/2005  11:18 PM
The O'Neal injury is still up in the air as of tonight. I don't think they will slide no matter what. Carlisle is too much of a psycho to let that happen. But we'll see. I hope we sneak in and get to play the Heat. They aren't all that.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/13/2005  1:19 AM
ny proverb: making playoffs with losing record exposes fans to embarrassing defeat
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/13/2005  11:35 AM
The O'Neal injury is still up in the air as of tonight. I don't think they will slide no matter what. Carlisle is too much of a psycho to let that happen. But we'll see. I hope we sneak in and get to play the Heat. They aren't all that.

Losing your two best players for anything shorter then a month, and make the playoffs, thats possible. But the hits that indi took,& to still be in the playoff picture is pretty impressive. Losing oneal for more then a couple of games at this point in the season will certainly be like taking a mike tyson right to the chin.
ES
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/14/2005  12:01 PM
I give him about B (which coincidentally stands for "Better than Layden"!)
~You can't run from who you are.~
Isiah Thomas as GM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy