[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

to me, there are 3 players on this roster than should be off the market
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  1:28 PM
craw, ariza, and sweets.

good, young players with potential and on the upswing of their careers. two are real cheap and one will be making about $8 mil when he reaches his prime.

DESPITE the PF logjam, sweetney will be here 8-10 years after this glut is gone in 2 years. and he'll still be cheap (not more than $5-6 a year). ariza is 19. craw is signed to a reasonable deal (if he improves).

good pieces for cheap is what we have to do. we have 3 more picks this summer. that's 6 players 25 and younger with 5 of them making <$3 mil. that's how we rebuild. NO MORE adding longer deals. let TIM and PENNY expire...please.
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2005  1:37 PM
i am so with you on those 3. but i put marbs there too. i still believe. You surround him right and he's the difference on a team. back in the day when we were 16-13 (HA!) he was playing amazing ball. He seems to be picking it up now too. Hold on to the Starbury!
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/8/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by Marv:

i am so with you on those 3. but i put marbs there too. i still believe. You surround him right and he's the difference on a team. back in the day when we were 16-13 (HA!) he was playing amazing ball. He seems to be picking it up now too. Hold on to the Starbury!

Yep, definitely starbury. Don't give him an athletic shot blocking center...if so, championship run beiotches!

Hopefully sweets appreciates the positives in being less fat.
all kool aid all the time.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2005  2:54 PM
You take out that 3-18 stretch and the Knicks are a solid 22-16.
¿ △ ?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/8/2005  3:10 PM
I would trade anyone on the team if the deal made sense.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  3:12 PM
Posted by Rich:

easier said then done
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by Rich:

Yup; the only players that are untradeable in this league are Duncan, Garnett, and Lebron. (I would mention Shaq but he *was* just traded!) Those are players for whom there basically could never be a reasonable deal. For any other players, there is always the potential for a reasonable deal that the team would do.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  3:41 PM
at some point, a team needs to ACCUMULATE young good players. we just started doing that. getting a player that's better than ariza, sweetney or crawford means we have to give back picks as well. i'm not willing to do that.

i say keep these 3.
keep the 3 draft picks

that gives us 6 players under the age of 25 and 5 of them making <$5 mil. combine that with two more picks next summer and any MLE signings like gadz or hunter, we're looking at 8-10 players under the age of 26. that's what i want to do.

i want to get out of the brand, toine, SAR, and all of those sweepstakes. kwame, dalembert, curry, chandler, etc. would mean giving up sweetney AND a high pick. i don't want to do that either. i think we should be done making contract deals and just start accumulating as many picks as possible.

it's a broken record. it's a philosophy that i didn't want to consider before this season. but after the events that have transpired this season, after another year of giving them my $$$'s as a season ticket holder, and after this past trading deadline, my philosophy changed.

would i like to see us run off 17-3 and make the playoffs, hell yeah. i would cheer my ass off everygame. but i also would like to see us USE the draft and stop getting players like malik rose and mo taylor - not the talent of the players, but the contracts and years associated with them. ONE player can change this whole thing around like it did with detroit in 01/02. but it's tough to bank on that and i think it's better for us in the long term doing what i outlined above.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03/08/2005 15:46:36]
to me, there are 3 players on this roster than should be off the market

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy