we should see a lot of Kwame tonuight
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  1:15 PM
Etan Thomas is better than KT though

but if we can somehow pull off that trade I will be sooooo happy!
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  3:21 PM
I picked Nazr because he's an expiring deal. You put him with cash and its a very cap friendly deal for Wash. Now all the guys your offering have more than next year so its a bigger commitment for Wash. If they are doing that kind of deal I think other teams could offer more than a JYD type of player, thats all.
But Washington has zero use for Nazy. They're just wasting $5 mil by taking him in a trade. They'd be better off either letting Kwame walk or doing a sign and trade for a player or picks (perhaps a few late first rounders as part of the deal!!) they could actually use.

5 games out with just over 20 to play and 4 teams between you and the last playoff spot is a lost season. Play Ariza and Butler and Sweetney and if you win its because the kids are getting better.
They're actually only 4 games out of the playoffs. I agree about playing Ariza and Sweetney, but I'm not sure I'd throw in the towell yet for the season.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/08/2005 15:22:59]
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  3:31 PM
I wouldn't offer the MLE to Kwame, because I don't believe that he deserves it...I would give Chandler and Dalembert that money before considering Curry or Kwame....They are both underachievers for where they were picked in the draft...Jordan should have definitely drafted Gassol instead, but he stayed away because Gasol showed no defensive potential at the time...Kwame is not worthy.....Go with the draft and pick either a Junior or Senior from a good program with great work ethic to play Center, ensure that he has a knack for blocking shots.....Forget about Kwame with the MLE. We still need to sign Ariza and Sweetney after all....Those two have proven that they are hungry...
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  3:36 PM
dido you are crazy! if Foyle can get 9mil then why can't Kwame who is a mich better player get 5mil! 5mil is nothing now and days when guys like rose, jyd, kt are making 7mil!

I think the 2 late 1st round picks will along with Kurt Thomas will be a lot more attractive to Washington especially since Ernie is GM than Nazr freakin Mohammed!!!

I don't want to see Kwame do to well. Last thing we need is for his value to go up and have another team offer him more money. I wouldn't mind seeing him do well against the Knicks that way Isiah is impressed but I hope Jamison is back real soon!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/08/2005 15:38:16]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  3:37 PM
Kwame for the MLE is an absolute steal. If you look at the talent level and upside of players who get the MLE, it's quiet uncommon for someone like Kwame to get that small a salary.
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  3:43 PM
i would offer him the exact same contract Crawford got. Where he would start making MLE money and an increase in pay every year topped off by 10mil in his expiring year. I think he is well worth it! A lot more worth it than giving a 6th man like Crawford all that money.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/08/2005 15:45:02]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2005  4:45 PM
Kwame, Tyson and Eddy will all get more than the MLE, so everyone can stop worrying.

Kwame's QUALIFYING OFFER is $7million for next season. His salary in his rookie contract this season is $6 million. You think he's going to take a pay cut to the MLE?

There is NO CHANCE to sign these guys for the MLE. That said, I'm sure they'll be available for Kurt and the lotto pick or Sweets and the lotto pick. Well, Curry will be.
¿ △ ?
Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/8/2005  11:26 PM
Grunfeld is one of the best exec's in the league, if not the best. No way he'll trade with NY when there's Dalembert, Curry/Chandler, Swift, any other RFA; unless we're talking about Sweetney + late pick (at leaste). He knows that a lot of teams will be asking about a C with Kwame's potential.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  11:44 PM
kwame has a LONG way to go. does somebody ante up and give him 6 years $45 mil?

you see, this is the danger of drafting 18 and 19 year old centers. unless the center is ok4 or dwight (more like PF's), then you have NO IDEA what to expect after 3 seasons of mediocre play - curry, chandler, kwame - what type of players are they? they're only 21 - have a WORLD of potential but are HUGE risks. do you re-sign them long term at big $$$'s or let them go? it's TOUGH decision for a GM b/c even if you do re-sign them, you may not see any returns until they're 25. but nobody will fault a GM taking a $$$ risk on a center, so that's a plus.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/9/2005  12:02 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

kwame has a LONG way to go. does somebody ante up and give him 6 years $45 mil?

you see, this is the danger of drafting 18 and 19 year old centers. unless the center is ok4 or dwight (more like PF's), then you have NO IDEA what to expect after 3 seasons of mediocre play - curry, chandler, kwame - what type of players are they? they're only 21 - have a WORLD of potential but are HUGE risks. do you re-sign them long term at big $$$'s or let them go? it's TOUGH decision for a GM b/c even if you do re-sign them, you may not see any returns until they're 25. but nobody will fault a GM taking a $$$ risk on a center, so that's a plus.

well, a few things with kwame brown

A. he appears to play with no fire. he's bigger than anybody else but plays small, way to passive. If he played mean,he would be a force, but thats instinctive, you cant make that up--its in you or its not.

B. he still has a great need for learning fundamental skills. lot of little things i notice, he looks like he could care less at the FT line

C. getting hurt this year really hurt him and has put the Wizards or any other suitor for his services in a jam. with a foot injury, its hard to practice. he did put in some serious mass bulding work, but did he put the work on his own game? i dont see it.

I think staying with what we have an adding a shot blocker and some guards. Dan Gadzuric would be good, but as I said, probably out of our reach. Hunter is a cheaper part, and can be had. I dont want us to reach in the draft for a channing frye if we can acquire Hunter for almost the same $$$$$ and save the pick for a G
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  12:07 AM
Kwame physically resembles Jermaine O'neal. They are built almost identically. It's a tough call to say whether a change of scenery is what he needs or what. Part of me would be intrigued to give Mark Aguirre a chance to work with the kid, but part of me would be terrified to give up a lotto pick for him.

Interesting question: say the Knicks make the playoffs and wind up with the 15th pick, do you offer that pick plus Kurt for Kwame? I think Washington would take it, but its a big gamble on the NYK side.

This is going to be an extremely interesting draft. Either the Knicks will build for the future or make a huge gamble. We. Shall. See.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:10 AM
i think he's just out of sync since he's just getting back from an injury and is stuck behind haywood and jamison. with consistent playing time and under aguirre he'd be fine. I think we can get him without losing sweetney whereas chicago will surely demand him for curry. I think Kwame is a risk worth taking. If we can get Curry for KT and the two late 1st round picks then do it but if you can't then offer the same for Kwame.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2005  12:11 AM
you have to wonder if the wizards would even really put in an effort and try to make him a post player or not. they have enough scoring already. they need somebody down low rebounding and playing defense and that's what they may cultivate him as, if they keep him.

you're right tho, he just seems aloof out there...paging mr. thomas, mr. tim thomas...

in all honesty, they may bite on a kurt + picks package for him. i think they're looking to make that finals push next season and kurt will definitely help them out.
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:17 AM
and Ernie likes Kurt
Ira
Member: #91
3/9/2005  5:16 AM
Sign and trade might be the best way to go. I'd offer either Kurt without a pick or Malik plus the Phoenix first we got with Malik. I'd give Kwame a 4-5 year contract starting at $6 million.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/9/2005  7:40 AM
You are all nuts for even considering the never healthy/never motivated Kwam the softy to be a Knicks....Don't let his size fool you, didn't we learn that from TT? What the Knicks need is a solid draft. We have enough guys that are no longer needed by their respective team playing for us...The players that we should consider from the Wizz are: Jared Jefferies and Larry Hughes...JJ can come in and contribute night in and night out especially if we really want to let TT go..He is long and athletice, most of all, he plays pretty good D...A tandem of Marb, Hughes, JJ, Sweetn, and JB could be a very good one..Let Kwame go home to Atlanta...
The true Knickabocker..........
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/9/2005  7:59 AM
I couldn't watch the game but according the box score, Kwame wasn't even in the game.

Hey guys, I've been converted...I want dalembart or stromile...and I'm willing to part with any of our PF's to get him.

We all said it best, they're interchangeable.

How many projects can aguirre take on...his slate seems pretty full at the moment.
all kool aid all the time.
we should see a lot of Kwame tonuight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy