[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible Scenarios
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/22/2002  11:24 PM
If it is the Knicks turn to pick in the draft, which of the following players would you pick and list the reason why. They'll probably get a pick between 4 and 7, so here are the possibilites, considering Wiliams and Ming go 1-2. Take into consideration which player has the best chance to become a perennial all-star and someone the Knicks can build around, instead of just picking someone who can plug one of their many holes.

Qyntel Woods (SF/SG) - Northeast Community College
Drew Gooden (PF/SF) - Kansas
Dajuan Wagner (SG/PG) - Memphis
Jared Jeffries (SF/PF) - Indiana
Curtis Borchardt (C) - Stanford
Chris Wilcox (PF) - Maryland
Amare Stoudemire (PF) - High School

If the pick drops to 8 to 12, here are other possibilities:
Caron Butler (SF/SG) - UConn
Chris Marcus (C) - Western Kentucky
Nickoloz Tskitishvili (PF) - Georiga [the country, not the college]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/23/2002  2:41 AM
If the Knicks hang around the upper half of the first ten, I'd like to see them take Drew Gooden. He crashes the boards, can face up or play the post, and has decent range. He's probably got the most refined skills out of the listed guys, and will be able to slide into the pro game the easiest.

If we fall to the 7-9 range (we can't fall any lower than 9 right now, since we have the 6th worst record in the league), I go with Marcus. He gives an inside presence who can block shots, rebound, post (whatever he doesn't know now he'll learn), and bang bodies with the big centers instead of throwing Camby around down there (assuming he's still here next year).
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/23/2002  12:34 PM
I definitely see us with Drew Gooden over anyone else which would really be a nice pick. There's no question he's the type of guy that will make an instant impact and thats what we need.
john44
Member: #115
USA
3/23/2002  7:49 PM
I would go with Marcus people say he is raw like Owliakandi was when he first came out. Candi struggled his first few years but this year he is playing much much better and next year i think he will be a top 5 center in the league. So hopefully Marcus can develope like he has and we will have a center for the next 12 years or so. If not him then either wilcox or butler, i dont want wagner or any other small guard we need a big small foward at the least.
Matt
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
3/23/2002  8:09 PM
With a 4-7 pick, I'd go for Amare. If the pick dropped to 8-12, I'd go with Chris Marcus.
We suck.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/23/2002  10:52 PM
with a 4-7 pick I want a player with a ton of upside, like a Stoudamire, Gooden or Wilcox, even Wagner.... No way in the world do I draft that big fat azz stiff, Marcus with a top 10 pick!!!! Are you guys freakin Nuts!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
BigSm00th
USA
3/23/2002  11:38 PM
Yeah, I didn't like what I saw when Marcus went up against Borchardt, who he should've manhandled. Size is very overrated in the NBA, his skills seemed very mediocre. I'd rather take a guy who will develop into a go-to guy in a few years, a la Dajuan Wagner, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, or Chris Wilcox. I think Gooden will be gone by a pick between 6 and 9. Even Jared Jeffries has shown a lot in the NCAAs but I'd put him at the bottom of thelist. Caron Butler has really shown a lot, and on PTI on ESPN the other day, Mike Wilbon said he was the most complete player coming out this year. Out of everyone, that includes Jason Williams.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/24/2002  2:59 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, I didn't like what I saw when Marcus went up against Borchardt, who he should've manhandled. Size is very overrated in the NBA, his skills seemed very mediocre. I'd rather take a guy who will develop into a go-to guy in a few years, a la Dajuan Wagner, Amare Stoudemire, Caron Butler, or Chris Wilcox. I think Gooden will be gone by a pick between 6 and 9. Even Jared Jeffries has shown a lot in the NCAAs but I'd put him at the bottom of thelist. Caron Butler has really shown a lot, and on PTI on ESPN the other day, Mike Wilbon said he was the most complete player coming out this year. Out of everyone, that includes Jason Williams.
Deal Houston, Eisley and Camby for Dale Davis and Pippen (both in their last years of their contract) and draft Qyntel Woods.

Woods will probably pan out based on all the rave reviews he's been getting and having Spree as a mentor will be good.
BigSm00th
USA
3/24/2002  3:10 PM
Yeah, don't draft a big man just because he is 7 feet tall. I'd rather have Qyntel Woods or Dajuan Wagner on the wing or pick someone raw like Wilcox or Stoudemire downlow. Caron Butler if all of the above are taken.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/24/2002  3:20 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, don't draft a big man just because he is 7 feet tall. I'd rather have Qyntel Woods or Dajuan Wagner on the wing or pick someone raw like Wilcox or Stoudemire downlow. Caron Butler if all of the above are taken.
I'd rather have Woods (McGrady) over Wagner (Iverson) any day of the week.
BigSm00th
USA
3/24/2002  3:45 PM
Can anyone who knows a lot of Wilcox or Stoudemire make an NBA comparison to them? All I've heard is that they're both raw and that Stoudemire is a freak of nature.
#Knickstaps
Possible Scenarios

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy