[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

is this not the NASTIEST webpage you've ever seen?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2005  2:27 PM
to bad there is nothing intellegent about the way the Knicks, Layden or Isiah spend money. Zeke may not be as dumb as the last guy, but that aint saying much
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  2:33 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

We sucked because of Layden. There's nothing wrong with spending money (even HUGE amounts) intelligently; there's everything wrong with spending it stupidly like Layden did. There's a huge difference.

when was the last bball team that had such a HUGE salary situation, spend it intelligently and put together a squad that competed at a high level? most teams i know, that have huge contracts, and weren't really winning, were trying to DUMP those players.

dallas maybe? and that's b/c they made that one deal for dirk and still are not championship level yet. and that's it. we are operating with this CRAZY business model that has proven year after year that it doesn't work. 3 years of layden has proven it. and now 1 1/2 years of isiah has continued that trend. and even they were ROCK bottom (remember the dennis rodman days) before they started accumulating the salaries.

if we're going to go with "who cares about $$$'s" philosphy, you better have the SMARTEST GM in the HISTORY of the NBA to fix this, otherwise, more of the same...

[Edited by - djsunyc on 03/08/2005 14:34:47]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/8/2005  2:47 PM
Here's the best question, Is Allan Houston still on this team as a player? Or is he a coach or next in line? A cheerleader? Grant Hill's #1 fan?Player's agent? Front office? What is his role, status? Because no one seems to know. Not the owner, gm, or coaches. He appears on that website though. Collecting a rather enormous check. hmm...
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/8/2005  3:23 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Here's the best question, Is Allan Houston still on this team as a player? Or is he a coach or next in line? A cheerleader? Grant Hill's #1 fan?Player's agent? Front office? What is his role, status? Because no one seems to know. Not the owner, gm, or coaches. He appears on that website though. Collecting a rather enormous check. hmm...
How can you say that!! Come on, Allan Houston scored 50 points twice and averaged 20ppg. And he has the sweetest jumpshot too. He is so tough and strong, dont say anything bad about Houston.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Pharzeone:

How can you say that!! Come on, Allan Houston scored 50 points twice and averaged 20ppg. And he has the sweetest jumpshot too. He is so tough and strong, dont say anything bad about Houston.

good to see you're back!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  3:46 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

We sucked because of Layden. There's nothing wrong with spending money (even HUGE amounts) intelligently; there's everything wrong with spending it stupidly like Layden did. There's a huge difference.

when was the last bball team that had such a HUGE salary situation, spend it intelligently and put together a squad that competed at a high level? most teams i know, that have huge contracts, and weren't really winning, were trying to DUMP those players.

dallas maybe? and that's b/c they made that one deal for dirk and still are not championship level yet. and that's it. we are operating with this CRAZY business model that has proven year after year that it doesn't work. 3 years of layden has proven it. and now 1 1/2 years of isiah has continued that trend. and even they were ROCK bottom (remember the dennis rodman days) before they started accumulating the salaries.

if we're going to go with "who cares about $$$'s" philosphy, you better have the SMARTEST GM in the HISTORY of the NBA to fix this, otherwise, more of the same...

Studies have shown that there's almost no correlation between payroll and winning percentage. (It's around r = .12 for the scientists out there). This means that you can have a good or a bad team with a low, high, or medium payroll. What really matters is how intelligently you spend the money. It's too early to reach a final conclusion on whether Isiah has spent wisely
(Interestingly, in baseball, where there's no salary cap or maximum player salary, the correlation is around .43, meaning that teams with higher payrolls do win significantly more games.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/08/2005 15:47:55]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  3:49 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

It's too early to reach a final conclusion on whether Isiah has spent wisely

it may be early to come to a full assessment, and isiah was doing the right things up until two weeks ago. we've debated it number of times, but one thing i can say is that making the mo taylor deal DID take away some flexibility THIS summer to improve this team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  4:18 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

It's too early to reach a final conclusion on whether Isiah has spent wisely

it may be early to come to a full assessment, and isiah was doing the right things up until two weeks ago. we've debated it number of times, but one thing i can say is that making the mo taylor deal DID take away some flexibility THIS summer to improve this team.
Yup; it also gave us more flexibility and assets the following summer. (I still didn't support the timing of the trade as I would have tried to see first if we could get more for Vin and Moochie's expiring contracts)
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
3/8/2005  4:27 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Studies have shown that there's almost no correlation between payroll and winning percentage. (It's around r = .12 for the scientists out there). This means that you can have a good or a bad team with a low, high, or medium payroll. What really matters is how intelligently you spend the money. It's too early to reach a final conclusion on whether Isiah has spent wisely
(Interestingly, in baseball, where there's no salary cap or maximum player salary, the correlation is around .43, meaning that teams with higher payrolls do win significantly more games.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/08/2005 15:47:55]

then i'm curious what you think about my spending wisely plan i mentioned earlier in the thread. we have so many overpaid, mediocre players on our roster i don't think we at all currently resemble spending wisely. if our trades keep replacing shorter contracts with longer ones as IT has mostly done (and as all your plans to get good young players require) then we will never be spending wisely. IT will have to change his approach to ever be spending wisely as you say.
is this not the NASTIEST webpage you've ever seen?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy