[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pine time doesn't sit well with Curry (Isiah will likely target this guy again, no doubt)
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/7/2005  6:33 PM
it would be a lot safer to just draft a center with our pick even if its Petro. Curry will be a disaster in NY. I wouldn't trade more than KT and the 2 late first rounders for him and maybe I'll include Taylor but thats it. No Sweetney or Ariza
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  7:40 PM
put it this way...if Curry were to be in the draft this year, where would he go? my guess is he'd be top 5-6 or around there...to me, he's still worth the risk of using a lottery pick to get him...unless we're getting a Chris Taft or Andrew Bogut, i can't imagine Curry as being that much inferior than any other bigman in this year's draft.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/7/2005  8:20 PM
curry or chandler.....take your pick, but kt or rose will have to stay if you planning to go deep in the playoffs
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/7/2005  10:19 PM
strong game so far for Curry. 14pts 6rebs in 17mins. He's still not a shotblocker or a consistent rebounder
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/7/2005  11:23 PM
you know there was a time I was one of Curry's biggest supporters, but now I am growing kinda luke warm on him. Sweets, and Mo taylor both do what he does, but neither of them is as big as him with the potential to be as dominating.

When you think about how good Steph had Nazr looking, can you imagine what he could do with Curry?

i am really not that high on any of the guys in this draft, who among them do you think will be able to come in and put up Curry's numbers? Bogut is overrated IMO. He plays against the Air Force and BYU for crying out loud. I mean, he could be good, but he is at least a couple of years away from where Curry is. Who among these college big guys is not a project?

And plus if we got Curry, we could pick up a gadzuric or Steven Hunter to fill that Marcus Camby role that we would need beside him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  11:29 PM
Posted by Bobby:

curry or chandler.....take your pick, but kt or rose will have to stay if you planning to go deep in the playoffs
Curry or Chandler is a good question. The upside is much lower with Chandler but the downside is not as low either. Chandler's a strong presence on defense. He's like a young Camby. I would not complain about getting him.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2005  11:36 PM
Creamed Curry might not be the real deal. The kid is not coachable, and does not have the stomach to be a killer. This is his contract year and he is this soft? Whats he gonna do when he get his big contract?

He may have potential, but Im getting sick of dudes whom can't play up to it! This guy wilts under the stress! Aquire can only do so much!

Mac
Member: #470
Japan
3/7/2005  11:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/03/04/truth.rumors.nba/index.html
Asked if he was leery that if he was to give Eddy Curry big money, Curry might revert to the inconsistent play and poor conditioning he's displayed during his career, Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said, "I don't know where it's written that he's going to get big money. Let's wait and see what happens. You're always nervous when you give any athlete big money and a lot of years. There isn't a good track record in sports for players with long-term contracts, so you're always nervous. But sometimes you're forced to do it because of market conditions."
-- Chicago Tribune

Bulls GM John Paxson told reporters last month that he "fully expected" to sign Curry and Tyson Chandler to long-term deals. "That's a given," Paxson said. "Whether they choose to go out and get an offer sheet (the Bulls can match), I don't want that to happen. I think they want to be here. I expect us to sit down and negotiate and get a deal done that's good for them and good for us."
-- Chicago Tribune

The Bulls have an option on coach Scott Skiles' contract for next season. "He's absolutely done a great job,'' Reinsdorf said. ''I assume that Paxson will make the decision to pick the option up.''
-- Chicago Sun-Times

Bonn1997
USA
3/7/2005  11:42 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Creamed Curry might not be the real deal. The kid is not coachable, and does not have the stomach to be a killer. This is his contract year and he is this soft? Whats he gonna do when he get his big contract?

He may have potential, but Im getting sick of dudes whom can't play up to it! This guy wilts under the stress! Aquire can only do so much!
I'd take Curry if the price were very low. In the worst case scenario, he's still a good scorer to have coming off the bench. But I wouldn't use many of our trade assets on him. I don't think I'd use Penny's or TT's expiring contracts or our lottery pick to get him.
Bonn1997
USA
3/7/2005  11:44 PM
Posted by Mac:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/03/04/truth.rumors.nba/index.html
Asked if he was leery that if he was to give Eddy Curry big money, Curry might revert to the inconsistent play and poor conditioning he's displayed during his career, Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said, "I don't know where it's written that he's going to get big money. Let's wait and see what happens. You're always nervous when you give any athlete big money and a lot of years. There isn't a good track record in sports for players with long-term contracts, so you're always nervous. But sometimes you're forced to do it because of market conditions."
-- Chicago Tribune

Bulls GM John Paxson told reporters last month that he "fully expected" to sign Curry and Tyson Chandler to long-term deals. "That's a given," Paxson said. "Whether they choose to go out and get an offer sheet (the Bulls can match), I don't want that to happen. I think they want to be here. I expect us to sit down and negotiate and get a deal done that's good for them and good for us."
-- Chicago Tribune

The Bulls have an option on coach Scott Skiles' contract for next season. "He's absolutely done a great job,'' Reinsdorf said. ''I assume that Paxson will make the decision to pick the option up.''
-- Chicago Sun-Times
Thanks; those are interesting quotes. My hunch is that Chandler's more likely than Curry is to be wearing a Bulls' uniform next year.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  7:18 AM
Word of advise to Isiah: before trading our picks or before trying to acquire Curry, keep in mind that we can do better in the draft. Give young JB a chance to see what he can do, because he may just be the guy that we have been looking for. Curry or Kwame will both command a lot of money based on potential alone. With our payroll as high as it is, it will be wise to do smaller deals than anything else...Those two boys are very unproven, yes they have potentials, but their work ethics is not good....the young JB is hungry, he will be more receptive to our teaching, and most of all he will be willing to go our and work his rear end off to earn his money...

Curry and Kwame are not hungry...They have gotten a huge contract right after high school.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2005  8:48 AM
ONe look at creamed curry and he can shout "im full!"

He ain't hungry, he is stuffed!

Actually, he is sitting cuz antionio davis is playing good tough ball and they are making a playoff run, so its crunch time and you play the best players at the moment. Curry is still very young, and Im gonna drop back and go neutral on this one. If Isiah really thinks well of him and wants to pay up on the kid, then thats fine with me.

If in 2 years he is a dud, Im gonna hate on the decision. IF not, he shall earn his praise. Thats life as an NBA exec, and until Isiah puts something on the floor he is not gonna get any praise. Ridding Fatspoon, eyes and Shandon and yielding this Won-loss record is not exactly stellar, even though we are happier with the direction of the team.

Im rooting for the man though, even if he trips on him self from time to time.
TMS
USA
3/8/2005  10:55 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Word of advise to Isiah: before trading our picks or before trying to acquire Curry, keep in mind that we can do better in the draft. Give young JB a chance to see what he can do, because he may just be the guy that we have been looking for.

what bigman are you talking about that the Knicks can do better in the draft this year over Eddy Curry at a likely #8-#12 pick at this point? just curious.

http://nbadraft.net/index.asp
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  11:04 AM
Why would Charlotte draft a Center when they already have one????

Here are the guys that Knicks must pursue, they are a bunch of no names flying under the radar, but can flat out provide what the Knicks really need...toughness and shot blocking....

Dwayne Jones from St Jo 6'11" 230 10pts 11rbs 3.2 blks
Keven Steenberge Richmond 6'11" 240 13pts 6 rbs 2blks
D'or Fisher West Virginia 6'11" 240 10 pts 5rbs 3blks
Aaron Gray Pitt 7' 275 5pts in just 7 minutes of play, 3rbs, and 1blk
Roy Hibbert Georgetown 7'2" 272 6pts, 4rbs, 2blks, in just 17minuts. Georgetown is where Ewing was from, combine with Sweetney, he may become something special
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
3/8/2005  11:26 AM
Why would Charlotte draft a Center when they already have one????

what does Charlotte have anything to do w/this conversation? I'm talking about the Knicks' likely lottery pick at the #8-#12 spot this year...all those names you just listed you would honestly rather have than Eddy Curry?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2005  11:36 AM
Dido.. those guys are crap. They are crap in college, why would they be good pros? Bruno is 100 times better than those guys.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pine time doesn't sit well with Curry (Isiah will likely target this guy again, no doubt)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy