[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pine time doesn't sit well with Curry (Isiah will likely target this guy again, no doubt)
Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  3:19 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/banks/cst-spt-banx07.html
Growing pains continue for the Bulls, who have a three-game losing streak and a frustrated center on their hands as they play host to the Milwaukee Bucks tonight.

Eddy Curry has been benched for most of the second half of the Bulls' last two games and has played no more than 24 minutes in the last three. He has been on the bench in the late stages of most of the team's close games this season.

Curry has distinguished himself as an effective low-post scorer, but he's often a liability when it comes to rebounding, defending and ball control. He'll commit a turnover, fail to box out for a rebound or fail to make a key defensive stop. So coach Scott Skiles will opt for the defensively tough Tyson Chandler to close the game and seal a victory.

"For the younger guys, he definitely gives them a little more leeway and he should because they are younger players,'' Curry said, noting that rookies Ben Gordon and Andres Nocioni are also often yanked for erratic play but maybe not as quickly. "But for the most part, everybody should be pretty much treated the same on this team.

"I don't know, man -- it's a tough situation. I don't want to start up any controversy. I love playing for this team, and I love playing for coach Skiles. I just hope that we can try to resolve this situation before it gets too bad. When he sat me for the last 10 minutes of the third quarter [Saturday at Milwaukee], I knew he wasn't going to send me back in. So all I could do was sit there, cheer my teammates on and hope for the best.''

For Skiles, victories this season are a mere byproduct of a higher priority. He wants his players to be well-rounded individually and he wants them to play with grit as a team on both ends of the court from start to finish.

To that end, he wants Curry to be more than a post-up scorer. He wants him to play with maximum energy, defend, rebound and not lose the ball. He wants Gordon to be more than an electrifying closer. He wants him to cut down on his turnovers, be a solid defender and be a consistent scorer in the first three quarters as well as the fourth. He also wants Nocioni to be less reckless on offense, cut down on his turnovers and shoot better while still being a superb defender.

And when he sees Curry, Gordon, Nocioni, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng or any of his players falling short in quality all-around play, he yanks them.

Just in case one feels Skiles is picking on Curry, the numbers defend Skiles.

While Curry is averaging a career-high 15.4 points and shooting an impressive 52.6 percent from the field, he also leads the Bulls in turnovers, averaging a career-high 2.7 per game, and he ranks sixth in the league with 4.55 per 48 minutes played.

That's more than any other non-guard. Among centers, Yao Ming (4.08), Shaquille O'Neal (3.8), Zydrunas Ilgauskas (3.73), Amare Stoudemire (3.2) and Tim Duncan (2.86) are the closest, and all of those big men average more points, rebounds, assists and blocked shots than Curry.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/7/2005  3:22 PM
unfortunately, the bulls would ask for sweetney AND our #1 and isiah would probably give it to them.

i wouldn't.

i would offer them the lotto pick AT THE MOST and that's it.

curry for the #7-10, take it or leave it.
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  3:23 PM
how about Curry for KT & the 1st round pick?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/7/2005  3:24 PM
I was all for curry earlier, but I have changed my tune on this guy, I mean isn't he just another maurice taylor, just 2 inches bigger and 5 years younger? Why do we need that?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
djsunyc
3/7/2005  3:24 PM
Posted by TMS:

how about Curry for KT & the 1st round pick?

not the lotto pick tho.
djsunyc
3/7/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by tkf:

just 2 inches bigger and 5 years younger?

well that's the key. he's 22. there's ALOT of time to mold him. so it's a risk nobody would be upset at taking.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/7/2005  3:26 PM
I definately don't want Curry on this team, unless it's for cheap. Depending on our pick, I'd rather draft a center, or if we can, bring in Stromile Swift.
Unfortunately we have Crawford, and you know he's going to try and push Isiah to get Eddie in NY.
djsunyc
3/7/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

bring in Stromile Swift.

yeah. we can do a sign and trade for swift. something like nazr and a #2...oh wait, WE GAVE UP NAZR?!?!??!

swift, kwame, etc. - they're all out the window after the past two deals.
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by tkf:

I was all for curry earlier, but I have changed my tune on this guy, I mean isn't he just another maurice taylor, just 2 inches bigger and 5 years younger? Why do we need that?

i think a year working w/Mark Aguirre could do wonders for him...Curry just needs to have more veteran guys around him to keep him on his toes imo...the Bulls are all so young other than Antonio Davis.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2005  3:39 PM
Scott Skiles strikes me as a kind of Bobby Knight- its my way or the highway, and shut up about it.

I know I would be turned off by that kind of leadership- maybe Curry needs a change of scenery to fix some of his lapses & work habit.

Sweetney & a future pick from San Antonio.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/7/2005  3:40 PM
Its going to be Sweetney and the lotto.
¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/7/2005  3:43 PM
Curry has distinguished himself as an effective low-post scorer, but he's often a liability when it comes to rebounding, defending and ball control. He'll commit a turnover, fail to box out for a rebound or fail to make a key defensive stop. So coach Scott Skiles will opt for the defensively tough Tyson Chandler to close the game and seal a victory.

I don't know if we could afford to add another player like this.

Drive and dump, Drive and dump would work for him as well and he would give us another big body. But we need shot blocking. It all depends on what we give up really. Zeke only offerd Muhammad for Curry last time in talks and was turned down. If Sweetney continues the way he has been playing Zeke will stay strong in his untouchable remarks. I think KT and later pick or Taylor who has the shorter contract and has a solid offensive low post game and lottery pick would be a strong possibility. I wouldn't mind trading for Kwame brown who is more of an intimdater and rebounder and move Kwame to center. Or Chandler who has the 10fter the athletism, work ethic and shotblocking we so badly need.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/7/2005  3:46 PM
Kwame and Chandler won't be available though. Curry will because he doesn't defend, rebound or block shots and wants too much money. He's a perfect Knick. Plus he's from Chicago, like Zeke.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/7/2005  3:51 PM
I dont know if I would go after Curry, but I wont fault Isiah for doing so even if it doesnt work out. I mean he's 22 and play above the rim. He's got a lot of maturing to do. I would rather include Sweetney then our #1 (at least our first one) this draft is just too deep.

I'm not comforatable with him so I wont offer a trade I would do, but like I said I would at least understand our GMs thinking when he targets this guy.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/7/2005  3:59 PM
The only trade acceptable to me for this guy is KT.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  4:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I dont know if I would go after Curry, but I wont fault Isiah for doing so even if it doesnt work out. I mean he's 22 and play above the rim. He's got a lot of maturing to do. I would rather include Sweetney then our #1 (at least our first one) this draft is just too deep.

I'm not comforatable with him so I wont offer a trade I would do, but like I said I would at least understand our GMs thinking when he targets this guy.
Having a couple of late first round picks could certainly help get Curry, since the Bulls value picks so much. Maybe it's a good thing Isiah got them for Nazy after all?
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  4:50 PM
Mo T or KT & the 2 late 1st rounders for Curry would be a nice & neat culmination of Isiah's plan if getting Curry was what he was planning all along, but i would guess it will take at least Sweetney or the lottery pick to get Curry in any deal along w/another player.
djsunyc
3/7/2005  4:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

Mo T or KT & the 2 late 1st rounders for Curry would be a nice & neat culmination of Isiah's plan if getting Curry was what he was planning all along, but i would guess it will take at least Sweetney or the lottery pick to get Curry in any deal along w/another player.

KT and 2 late #1's is a more palatable deal for curry, especially since we can buy a late #1 if we need to.

BUT this would have to wait till AFTER the draft b/c it would have to be a sign and trade so i'm not sure how they would work it out.
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  4:55 PM
how would you guys feel about the recent trades if Isiah was able to turn either KT, Rose, JYD or Mo T along w/a pair of 1st round picks for Eddy Curry in a sign & trade? as long as he kept Sweetney i can't imagine anyone here having a problem w/that, considering all you really had to give up for Curry was Nazr, Vin, Moochie & a 2nd rounder when you break it all down.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/7/2005  5:00 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

Having a couple of late first round picks could certainly help get Curry, since the Bulls value picks so much. Maybe it's a good thing Isiah got them for Nazy after all?

Correction. The Bulls value LOTTERY PICKS. No Chance the Bulls only take our late picks for Curry. We would have to give them Sweetney. I am not sure if I wanna give up Sweetney for Curry.

Sweetney- Hard worker. Has made significan't improvements. Unselfish. I am convinced he will lose weight. At least tries on defense.

Curry- Lots and lots of talent. Lots and lots of slacking. I'll actually offer them Kurt Thomas, (Cry) b/c it's better to have a young guy with a big contract than an old. And Curry is a true center and we give up one of our old PFs. But that's it. I said MAYBE i'll give a draft pick, but it depends on how high we are.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Pine time doesn't sit well with Curry (Isiah will likely target this guy again, no doubt)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy