nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/7/2005  9:20 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by gunsnewing:

what if we can draft a center even if its with the 29th pick and see what we have between him and Butler. A lot better than wasting money on steven hunter.

alright looking at his recent stats he has been doing pretty well especiaaly blocking shots. If we can draft a great true SG and sign Hunter we should be in very good shape.

You say you saw him and he's garbage but now that you're looking at his stats he's ok? Stats don't always tell you the whole story, especially when your Steven Hunter and averaging less then 15 minutes a game. The reason Amare starts out of position is because Steven Hunter is not consdusive to the Suns run and gun style of offense and Amare and Marion are. sorry rod

lol when the Knicks played them he was playing like crap and if you look at his game log for the season he was. He looked like a stiff out there! Ask Marv and Silver. He looked so awkward offensively like he didn't know what to do with the ball. I remember people here paying particular attention to him and most were saying he's garbage after the game was over. But if at worst all he can do is block shots then he would help us if we can get him for nothing. Trust me I've learned to look past stats after seeing Nazr Mohammed in person. lol

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/07/2005 20:54:04]

Oh man, Nazr will do that to someone. What a fraud his stats are haha.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/7/2005  9:22 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

you know it!
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
3/7/2005  9:41 PM
what's interesting is the media is referring to nazr as "another shotblocker" next to duncan for the spurs. i'm not going to hate on him now that he's gone, but he's no shotblocker and i'm not sure where they're all coming from with that.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/7/2005  9:47 PM
Yeah, he certainly is no shotblocker nor defensive precense. He played hard, and I liked him. Don't get me wrong. And he's gonna be wonderful for the Spurs, if he gets healthy from that groin injury. But he is no shotblocker. I think the media might have been focusing on those 2 games against the Nets. When you have 7 BSs in a game, your average is gonna go up nicely, especially if you didn't play a lot of games yet, so that's what happened. He most certainly is NOT a shotblocker though. That's all I'll say about that.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  11:27 PM
Nazy's a nice role player who played hard. I'd definitely do the trade again if I were Isiah, but I also think Nazy can help the Spurs as a backup PG. Sometimes a trade can help both teams. The Knicks were not going anywhere with Nazy and were better off with the two first round draft picks.
BigC
Member: #829
3/7/2005  11:31 PM
I rhink Hunter would be a good addition to the team. We can also get him at a cheap price. He can run the break and block shots. If we can sign Baker for 3 mil plus, we should not have a problem signing Hunter.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/7/2005  11:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

[/quote]

you know it!
[/quote]

Nazr was a solid player. He was playing injured.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/7/2005  11:44 PM
Also, people saying that Stephen Hunter stinks because he can't get in the lineup ahead of Amare and Marion should remember that Amare and Marion are ALL-STARS and OLYMPIANS. These are two of the best, most athletic players in the entire league and you're dogging some 23 year old 7 footer because he can't get into the starting lineup? That's insane.

Also, we have to be realistic about the roster and about what we already have. The Knicks have 5 or 6 or 7 guys who can score and not do much else. The key to building a T-E-A-M is to have guys who can do DIFFERENT, COMPLIMENTARY things. This team is severely lacking in shotblocking and a defensive pressence. Stephen Hunter has the chance to be those things. I have doubts we can even get him for the full MLE. Look at how coveted Dalembert is now. Hunter is basically Dalembert before Dalembert popped. Before these guys pop, they are attainable. After they pop, forget about it.
¿ △ ?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/8/2005  10:45 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Stephen Hunter has the chance to be those things. I have doubts we can even get him for the full MLE.

Yes-everyone is talking like Hunter can easily be had- wouldn't be surprised if he gets the full MLE at least & some kind of pledge for playing time.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  10:57 AM
Forget about paying anyone big dollar to play the Center position right now. We are already capedout, we need to get more money conscious from this point on. We have draft picks and if we play our cards right, we may endup with a few more picks. Bring in young, agile players who can score, rebound and score, and allow our coaching staff to develop them. It is much easier to teach guys that are young a new craft than trying to teach an older player. With the scorers that we have around right now, we need a guy that is willing to do the dirty work a la JYD and Rose.....
The true Knickabocker..........
more and more I believe that our FA priority should be Steven Hunter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy