[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ALL BALL: Cablevision board got to take care of the BIZ, Nix got to also, they next play the WIZ!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  10:45 PM
but as long as Kurt and Penny are on this team playing big minutes we will be mediocre. Beat okay teams at home and lose to the Bobcats on the road.
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/8/2005  10:49 PM
zards bench was a non factor. ny shot better on the 3 point line compared to fgm percentage. zards could've use kwame....what happen?........give me curry
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Therapist
Member: #526
3/8/2005  11:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

but as long as Kurt and Penny are on this team playing big minutes we will be mediocre. Beat okay teams at home and lose to the Bobcats on the road.

come on...

kurt thomas and penny hardaway, collectively or individually or not the cause of the knicks mediocrity... thats definately the wrong thinking...
Masterplan
Member: #362
3/9/2005  12:06 AM
news flash folks: we really don't suck. the terrible January was a fluke. don't know what went on, but we really should have done much better, i'm sure i don't have to tell you. but our record now is mostly a function of that down time. we belong in the lower reaches of the playoff picture, not competing for a top pick. we have a long way to go, but we are better off than we were a few years back.
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:12 AM
we were still a very mediocre team before the January skid
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/9/2005  12:19 AM
Posted by Masterplan:

news flash folks: we really don't suck. the terrible January was a fluke. don't know what went on, but we really should have done much better, i'm sure i don't have to tell you. but our record now is mostly a function of that down time. we belong in the lower reaches of the playoff picture, not competing for a top pick. we have a long way to go, but we are better off than we were a few years back.

The team is 7-22 on the road, with three road victories coming courtesy of last second three pointers (Hou, Atl, Phi), one in New Orleans when they were the worst team in the league, one in Utah when they were the worst team in the league, one in Jersey before Kidd was healthy or Vince was there and our only good road win of the season was in Orlando when Allan Houston was a leading contributor.

This whole year has been a see-saw of people saying "hey, we're pretty good" after home games and "we need to rebuild the entire front court" after road games. This isn't a young team, it's just the way it is in the NBA for mediocre teams: You look good at home because other teams are off their game and you look bad on the road because you are off your game.

¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
3/9/2005  12:29 AM
i agree they are definitely due for some big road wins if they are gonna turn this around. I think the recent improvements on D will help win some more games on the road.
Masterplan
Member: #362
3/9/2005  12:30 AM
not saying we're great at all. but we're not bad enough to "compete" for a top draft pick. it's true.
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
3/9/2005  5:15 PM
crawford dunk
for anyone who wants to see it...
http://allknicks.com
ALL BALL: Cablevision board got to take care of the BIZ, Nix got to also, they next play the WIZ!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy