[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Giants aggressive; Plaxico Burress next?
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/10/2005  4:10 PM
please, can we talk about a real team...like my REDSKINS!!!

actually, let's not...i don't think i'll be hearing too much of ramsey to moss this year...
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/10/2005  5:13 PM
any other WR's out there for the taking? what do u guys think about David Boston?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/10/2005  5:24 PM
Posted by TMS:

any other WR's out there for the taking? what do u guys think about David Boston?

No to Roid Rage Boston. I don't know if he can even play a game much less a season.

Bradford is coming on Saturday. The other guy that has been mentioned is David Terrell.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/10/2005  5:58 PM
Posted by VDesai:
Posted by TMS:

No to Roid Rage Boston. I don't know if he can even play a game much less a season.

Bradford is coming on Saturday. The other guy that has been mentioned is David Terrell.

Booooo

Those guys aren't game breakers. Might as well have kept Hilliard.

The draft will be big. The Giants most likely will try to score a wideout. Who are some of the hot wide recievers in college? I'm not a fan of college football so I only know some of the people I see on Sports Center.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/10/2005  6:40 PM
good! I really wanted him but if him and his agent are going to be such money hungry selfish bastards then he's just not worth it. It's not like you're getting a Moss or TO. You're getting a guy who's numbers have gone down each year. Moss and TO might have issues but at least you can expect greatness on the field from them which is the most important thing! I think we'll be fine with Carter, Taylor & Tyree. Maybe even sign Bradford who can get downfield!
Mondo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #867
3/10/2005  9:20 PM
I like Carter but he isn't even going to make it to training camp
gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  11:49 AM
This is the guy the Giants should get especially since Carter can't even walk right now. And he'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than Burress. He was the Texans #1 guy before Andre Johnson blew up. here the scouting report from ESPN...

C. Bradford can stretch the field. The following is an ESPN Insider Scouting report on Bradford:Bradford has good size and speed and is a threat to score every time he touches the ball. His hands have improved and he is more consistent catching the football. Possesses tremendous body control and can adjust to the ball while it's in the air. Has adequate height and can win some jump balls. Fights for the ball while it's in the air and isnt afraid to go over the middle. Gets up field immediately after the catch, takes little time to reach top speed and is a threat to turn the short gain into the big play when gets a seam. However, Bradford isnt a crisp short-to-intermediate route-runner. He lacks great quickness, doesnt show great instincts and has problems locating the soft spots in zone coverage. He is not overly polished when it comes to setting up the defender. Considering his size, he is not as physical as he should be and lacks great upper body strength when releasing vs. press coverage. Overall, is still an excellent No. 3 receiver capable of taking it the distance and creating some mismatches as a slot receiver.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/11/2005 11:51:16]
TMS
USA
3/11/2005  11:59 AM
we need a #1 type receiver...we already have some solid #3 type guys in Tim Carter, David Tyree & the other kid (forgot his name, caught a few long bombs in the last few games last season).

Toomer has lost a step & might not be the deep threat he once was...i like what that report says about Bradford's ability to break a big play, but we need a guy that will make the other team's change the way they play defense in order to open up our short passing game & open up some running lanes for Tiki...defenses were loading up on the run last year & blitzed Eli w/a vengeance.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  12:13 PM
true.

WR is the least of our problems right now especially since they are trying to bring in a blocking TE to free up Shockey so that he becomes Mannings #1 guy. Releasing Hilliard tells me that the Giants firmly believe one of the younger guys taylor,tyree & Carter(if he can walk) is ready to step up and be an every down athlete. And there's always the draft, they always seem to find a diamond in the rough WR!

The Giants still need help and development in a lot of different areas. Especially cornerback and another safety will be nice if Shaun Williams stinks it up again! And I really want to replace Petigout... I DETEST THE GUY! in howard eisely-like fashion!!!!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/11/2005 12:22:49]
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/11/2005  12:14 PM
I like this kid...
Craphonso Thorpe
Position:
WR College: Florida St.
Height: 6-2 Year: Sr
Weight: 175 40 Time: 4.37
Scouting Report by Joseph Warren Email him...
Pros: This guy has speed to burn. Was the ACC 100 and 200 meter champion for the FSU track team as a sophomore. Runs decent routes, and he is always a threat to break the game open with the plays he makes downfield.
Cons: More fast than quick, so he does little with the ball in his hands on short routes. There are not much route options for him since he is not that refined in route running; mainly post and fly routes. Had a major letdown during his senior season after breaking his leg at the end of his junior season. Has a thin frame so he may not be able to handle routes over the middle on the NFL stage.
Overall: This is a player in the mold of a Todd Pinkston, but with more speed. Without gaining some weight he will never grow into a major 'go to' WR on the NFL stage. His speed will make up for his poor route running, but he would be better off if gets drafted by a team with a solid #1 WR until he learns the position a bit better. Projection: Late 1st Rd/ Early 2nd Rd.

Here is a link on more reviews...
http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/2005-nfl-draft/prospects/index.php?id=10

gunsnewing
USA
3/11/2005  5:12 PM
now there's a rumored with the dolphins for Chris Chambers. He's played every game since his rookie year so he fits the Coughlin mold and he has but up some really consistently solid numbers with some bad QB's

the trade is for will allen and a draft pick

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235203
VDesai
USA
3/11/2005  5:45 PM
The WR I want to draft is Chris Henry of WVU. He's a jerk, but he's 6'5 and ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day today.
TMS
USA
3/11/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

now there's a rumored with the dolphins for Chris Chambers. He's played every game since his rookie year so he fits the Coughlin mold and he has but up some really consistently solid numbers with some bad QB's

what's the draft pick? please don't say a 2nd rounder. i like his #'s...he's real solid, but again, he's not the #1 type guy that we need...i know the market is short on those types of guys, but maybe we'd be better off simply drafting 1 instead?

[Edited by - TMS on 03/11/2005 20:45:51]
EnySpree

3/11/2005  8:59 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by gunsnewing:

what's the draft pick? please don't say a 2nd rounder. i like his #'s...he's real solid, but again, he's not the #1 type guy that we need...i know the market is short on those types of guys, but maybe we'd be better off simply drafting 1 instead?

[Edited by - TMS on 03/11/2005 20:45:51]

I agree the draft might be the way to go.

Giving up a draft pick with Will allen for this guys sounds nice but it would really depend on the pick. If there is a nice player available when the Giants pick at the one that they traded I will be upset.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/12/2005  4:22 PM
Chris Chambers would be excellent WR for us. The guy is a BIG TIME deep/TD threat. But I agree that we shouldn't give up a pick.

I like Henry from also he might have the most talent in the draft at WR but his attitude has really really killed him. How would he and Coughlin get along.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/12/2005  5:46 PM
Chris Chambers would be awesome, but unless the pick is for a 6th or 7th rounder, I would not budge. A starting CB is hard to find.
VDesai
USA
3/12/2005  5:59 PM
Where are you hearing about Chris Chambers? From what I've heard the Giants are talking to Miami, but they're talking about CB Patrick Surtain.
gunsnewing
USA
3/13/2005  3:22 PM
I think we can still get Burress now that he fired his agent and hired Drew Rosenhaus who has a great relationship with the Giants.
Maybe thats why burress is hiring him so that he can try to come back and make a deal with the giants.
EnySpree

3/14/2005  9:33 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think we can still get Burress now that he fired his agent and hired Drew Rosenhaus who has a great relationship with the Giants.
Maybe thats why burress is hiring him so that he can try to come back and make a deal with the giants.

I was thinking the same thing......I know alot of us judged him....well I know I did. I was calling him selfish, etc.....for him to fire his agent and have to wait 5 days before he can put his name back out there says alot.....Why else would he do this if he didn't want to be in NY?

We'll see what goes down. The Giants might have the upper hand now and could get Plaxico for cheaper than originally expected.

The Giants would then have the picks to use soley on offensive line and defense.
gunsnewing
USA
3/15/2005  11:57 AM
Giants are close to signing David Terrell. He's a young player who can get downfield for Manning and a lot cheaper than Burress. He hasn't really lived up to the hype but he was never in a good offense. Who knows what Manning and Terrell can do for this team. The ceiling is high. We're in great shape at WR with terrell, toomer, taylor, Tyree and with the rookies we draft. Now we can focus on the Defense and O-line in the draft!
OT: Giants aggressive; Plaxico Burress next?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy