[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give fugazy some luv!
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
3/7/2005  7:01 AM
he banged it on adonyle foyle and slightly taunted him....
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  10:57 AM
congratu-freakin-lations gazy.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/7/2005  10:58 AM
so that's makes 5 games out of 50 that's he's shown up.

hip hip hooray... hip hip hooray...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/7/2005  11:07 AM
yea... he's almost singlehandedly responsible for our lousy record. No other player more than him hurt us for the first 50 games. What a hoser.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
bernard
Member: #475
3/7/2005  11:51 AM
I'm pulling hard for him ... but only so his trade value goes up. Worst would be if he plays well enough for IT to want him back next year, but I don't think that's possible at this point. I'm with the majority on this tread. He's been a disaster. Even when he plays well, as he's done in the last few weeks, I still don't like his game.

He's like the guy who drains 10 3's in a row during warmups and makes sick dunks in layup lines ... and even makes a bunch of sweet moves in the game -- but his teams seem to lose a lot more than they win.

Give me the Jason Kidd types, who don't look at all special until game time, and then just want it more than anyone else on the court.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

yea... he's almost singlehandedly responsible for our lousy record. No other player more than him hurt us for the first 50 games. What a hoser.

Yeah dude....I been blaiming Timmy. The Knicks need him to continue to be aggressive on offense to be sucsessful. He's been coming in for rebounds more also. He's actually playing now the way he we all know he should have from day one.

One thing to look at is body language. Timmy got that arrogant smirk and that ****y bop again. Timmy has been doing his pattented power dribble when he gets the ball in transition, like just before he caught Foyle with the banger.

Is it too late? Timmy is back so it seems. We'll see against the Wizards. Timmy has the advantage on anyone they put on him since Jaimison might be out.

4-1 since the trade. Let's go!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/7/2005  12:26 PM
Tim's not singlehandedly responsible for us sucking, but the reason we've had success in 4 of the last 5 games is because he's been really good and actually played to his ability instead of getting an invisible 9 pts and 3 rebs.

If he got the 15 and 5 or so that he easily should've gotten this year we'd be .500 or better.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/7/2005  12:35 PM
Yes we could have had a much better record if he played well at the beginning of the season...Lenny should have been smart enought to give him a leave of absence to get his head right instead of letting him struggle....In my opinion, Lenn is to blame for a poor lineup, and lack of defense from our team.

Tomorrow night will be key to TT's evaluation...The Wizz has a young kid by the name of JJ who is the same hight but a much better defender than TT that will be out there to cause problems....They will throw a combo of Hayes and JJ at TT all night to distract him, how he answers to their defense will be key to a victory...Sweetney will have another huge game and between he and Mo Taylor, they will score 40 points....
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Tim's not singlehandedly responsible for us sucking, but the reason we've had success in 4 of the last 5 games is because he's been really good and actually played to his ability instead of getting an invisible 9 pts and 3 rebs.

If he got the 15 and 5 or so that he easily should've gotten this year we'd be .500 or better.

"if" & "should've" are 2 words used very commonly whenever you read anything about Tim Thomas.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/7/2005  1:12 PM
all kool aid all the time.
MS
Member: #724
3/7/2005  1:14 PM
TT deserves no credit, in fact this is the reason why most people hate him, look how easy it is for him to take his man in the post or off the dribble....he should have been averaging 18 and 8 for his career, if he kept this up the whole season and crawford was consistent and sweetney would lose some weight, i would be coming with you to Miami as well

But he slacked as did the knicks because these fools get paid no matter what
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/7/2005  3:19 PM
TT sucking & Houston going down are the main reasons we have been bad this season.

But TT is taking the same exact shots he took earlier in the season. He is just making them now. The aggressiveness & focus all around is the difference now and then.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CaZeek
Member: #845
3/7/2005  5:39 PM
Posted by MS:

TT deserves no credit, in fact this is the reason why most people hate him, look how easy it is for him to take his man in the post or off the dribble....he should have been averaging 18 and 8 for his career, if he kept this up the whole season and crawford was consistent and sweetney would lose some weight, i would be coming with you to Miami as well

18 and 8?? I don't think so.. try 22-23 and 10-11 with 2 blocks and 4 assists. He's 6'10 playing the 3.. everyone he's playing against is 3-5 inches shorter than he is. He should be a defensive stopper, a rebounder, and those assists come from the kick outs of double teams in the post (because I think he's a very unselfish post-passer).

So yeah.. 22, 10, 4, and 2 are my careerstats for a TT living up to his potential (even allowing a subpar rookie year).
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2005  7:33 PM
Posted by CaZeek:
Posted by MS:

18 and 8?? I don't think so.. try 22-23 and 10-11 with 2 blocks and 4 assists. He's 6'10 playing the 3.. everyone he's playing against is 3-5 inches shorter than he is. He should be a defensive stopper, a rebounder, and those assists come from the kick outs of double teams in the post (because I think he's a very unselfish post-passer).

So yeah.. 22, 10, 4, and 2 are my careerstats for a TT living up to his potential (even allowing a subpar rookie year).

I agree with you. Timmy should be up there with the greats of the current NBA. During this 4-1 stretch, especially during the Laker game eh has totally changed.

Check his stats over the last 5 games even after droping 5pts in the Orlando game eh still is averaging 20pts in the last five. That's Twenty.....Two zero.....WTF?!?!?

I hope he can maintain this for the rest of his career as a Knicks because he would be the anchor to this teams future. Ariza coming up behind him would be awesome.

Realistically Tim Thomas has the advantage in every single game. I just wish Timmy showed up in December rather than March.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
rojasmas
Member: #639
3/7/2005  7:37 PM
TT is everyone's favorite whipping boy and this year he deserves it. But why does Crawford and Penny get a free pass? They have sucked all year as well. Crawford had those few good games where he made a game winning shot or two but TT has won a few games almost singlehandedly too. And Crawford is going to lock up our future a lot longer than TT.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  7:46 PM
Crawford gets somewhat of a pass because he's been more consistent than gazy has this year by averaging 18 ppg...plus the fact that he doesn't even have the physical gifts that TT does yet he still has tremendous upside in his game that can be looked at as untapped potential...TT is pretty much what he ever will be at this point...a lazy underachiever w/no heart or passion for the game.

as for Penny, are you kidding me? he's been playing on 2 bum knees & a bad back for the past several years...anything you get from him is a positive at this point...before he got injured Penny was an awesome player...something Tiny Tim never even came close to becoming even though he had all the ability & physical gifts to become that if he ever wanted it enough.
rojasmas
3/7/2005  7:51 PM
I feel bad for Penny being physically shot. But in my opinion he shouldn't even be in the NBA with what he brings to the table at this point. And I am not that young, I do remember the Penny and Shaq Magic days. He was every bit as good as McGrady and maybe a step beneath Kobe. Kobe shoots better from outside than Penny ever did but both could explode to the basket.
rojasmas
3/7/2005  9:29 PM
BTW, Fugazy is now shooting 44.4% for the year after his recent spree of sharpshooting. If he keeps it up, who knows what it will be at year's end.
CaZeek
Member: #845
3/8/2005  1:14 AM
Just checked his stats.. now shooting .411 from 3 too. That's by far the best on the Knicks, and 13th in the league. No matter how dumb it may seem, I'm giving him a clean slate starting after the all-star break until he's either traded or through next year (his contract year). He should be at least trying to play his best right now, so I'm just crossing my fingers.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  7:11 AM
The renaissance of TT

Well, I wish him well. As he performs, the Knicks usually wins, and as a fan that is all I hope for. He had a pretty bad start, but he is known for finishing the season strong....I am surprised at all...
The true Knickabocker..........
Give fugazy some luv!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy