Maurice Taylor!!
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/8/2005  8:17 AM
Not Exactly

>>Sprewell was an all star at the peek of his career.

fish,mike - Spree was Public Enemy Number One coming off a suspension and tons of negative national press

>>Mo Taylor's career has been going downhill every year since he signed his big contract.

Mo was sat down by JVG the same way Camby was glued to the bench WITH Spree as sixth man. I can live with that. Let him play and lets see him in the context of orange and blue.

>>Mo Taylor is just a fat guy making tons of money with a lousy work ethic.

fish.mike - they ALL make tons of money. Besides, it ain't your money. What you got against fat people anyway? Mo is 20 pounds lighter than Sweetney and I don't see you calling HIM fat.

Especially to his face.

[Edited by - misterearl on 03/08/2005 08:19:06]
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  8:21 AM
Yeah, mreal, preach....

Posted by misterearl:

Not Exactly

>>Sprewell was an all star at the peek of his career.

fish,mike - Spree was Public Enemy Number One coming off a suspension and tons of negative national press

>>Mo Taylor's career has been going downhill every year since he signed his big contract.

Mo was sat down by JVG the same way Camby was glued to the bench WITH Spree as sixth man. I can live with that. Let him play and lets see him in the context of orange and blue.

>>Mo Taylor is just a fat guy making tons of money with a lousy work ethic.

fish.mike - they ALL make tons of money. Besides, it ain't your money. What you got against fat people anyway? Mo is 20 pounds lighter than Sweetney and I don't see you calling HIM fat.

Especially to his face.

[Edited by - misterearl on 03/08/2005 08:19:06]
The true Knickabocker..........
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  8:24 AM
here is an advise to Mo: take the first half of games to do the dirty work (rebound and try to play good d), in the second half, dedicate it solely to scoring....By the time the game is over with, your stat will be 15/8rbs, no one will complain about that...
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/8/2005  8:39 AM
the one advantage mo has more than any of our other power forwards is his versatitlity on the offensive end. he is an awful defensive rebounder but a pretty decent offensive rebounder. he is arguably our most athletic power forward (tim thomas is our sf technically). he also demands doubleteams in the post. big key for our team.
tomverve
Member: #878
3/8/2005  9:30 AM
It's still early, but so far Mo's +/- with New York is +12, second only to Marbury. That doesn't necessarily mean he's our second best player... but it does mean he's probably doing something right to give the team a big boost. From watching the games, it's obvious that that boost is a low post presence. Try evaluating him based on what he brings to the team instead of knee jerking everything you've heard about him in the press. Maybe he just wasn't a good fit in Houston this season, and in the past he's been injury prone. But right now he's healthy, and he looks like a great fit on NY (so far). That's all that matters.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/8/2005  9:49 AM
Posted by simrud:

Oh please, you guys are ready to jump on a bandwagon even when it has 3 wheels.

Mo Taylor is a guy who can score in the post, and thats where his game ends. He doesnt rebound, play d, and his outside shot is inconsistent. He is also fat and out of shape.

For the last time, he IS NOT an above average athlete. He cand dunk, so could Fatspoon, he is 6 8 you know, its not that hard.

Also, for going 4-1, thats bs, we have been playin some awful teams.
Our defense is still pathetic, we just were lucky enough to outscore some teams that did not seem to care.

The one time we ran into a decent team, they killed us.

So stop actin like you know more then the "media garbage", cause you know what, sometimes even they get something right. Especially considering they write a new point of view every day lol.

Teams get blown out in the NBA, that's just how it works. Riley's Knicks got blown out, Van Gundy's Knicks got blown out. I think the 90 Knicks had a knack for losing games right after a long rest period. So to make that your center point about whether the team improved itself is quite foolish.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/8/2005  11:01 AM
Posted by diderotn:

here is an advise to Mo: take the first half of games to do the dirty work (rebound and try to play good d), in the second half, dedicate it solely to scoring....By the time the game is over with, your stat will be 15/8rbs, no one will complain about that...

lol...unfortunately sports don't work that way...some games he'll get his #'s off the bench, some days it will be someone else...i know what you're trying to get at in terms of how he approaches the game, but you can't break things down in such simple terms.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  11:12 AM
Frankly, I will take the output he had versus the Warriors every night if he can provide that.....TT had 8rbs, that is a major story...

Posted by TMS:
Posted by diderotn:

lol...unfortunately sports don't work that way...some games he'll get his #'s off the bench, some days it will be someone else...i know what you're trying to get at in terms of how he approaches the game, but you can't break things down in such simple terms.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Frankly, I will take the output he had versus the Warriors every night if he can provide that.....TT had 8rbs, that is a major story...

If Mo Cushion had that type of night every night out, he would never have been traded or benched. He also would hold the all-time record for FG%. Don't you think what you're asking is a little unrealistic? You want this guy to stick 7 of 8 shots off the bench every night? Should Sweetney start every first quarter 9 for 9 too? Should Tim Thomas score 25 points every night? Marbury should probably score 26 points every night on 57% shooting too, am I right? Man, this sounds like a winning recipe.

Listen, they had a great offensive game against a team with NO, ZERO, ZILCH interior pressence. I believe we all saw the Magic game and saw what happened when we run into a team with an interior game. We have no interior defense and our interior offense can be shoved around. Asking the offense to do what they did against the Warriors against a real team is a tall order.

Also, to compare this team to ANY 90s Ewing team is sacrilege. Don't tell me you can't see a SLIGHT difference on the defensive end.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  12:51 PM
I am not going to use the Magic game as a barometer of what our knicks truly is now. We are a much improve squad. What happened in Orlando happens to many teams. Most of us know that the Knicks have always underperformed after a brake. We came out and didn't execute our plays as we should have. We didn't get anything from our inside players, mainly because Marb and Crawf were so consumed at rushing the offense instead of trying to make the extra passes that have gotten us pretty good scoring...They went away from what has been successful. They forgot that TT was on a roll. Marb failed miserably to make the game simple for himself and the other guys....That is the reason we got embarrassed. We are a small team up front, and that is well known. However, 5 out of 17 shots from down range was definitely not called for...Blame the loss on poor shot selections and lack of energy from our boys....
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/8/2005  12:57 PM
I'm feeling the momentum shift in the board.

where were you guys all last week?!?!?!?

Jokes.
all kool aid all the time.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/8/2005  1:04 PM
Start Taylor and Sweetney PLEASE!!!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2005  1:10 PM
Reezy! Reezy! Reezy! I'm serious, I want him starting.
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by Marv:

Reezy! Reezy! Reezy! I'm serious, I want him starting.

I did too but TT has recovered quite nicely from that vaginal injury!
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  1:16 PM
I disagree. We should keep the lineup as is. If we are going to have a change it has to be at the Center position. I want a shot blocker to replace Kurt...In the future this is what we might see:

Marb, Crawf, TT, Sweet, ??? JB perhaps. shot blocker
Marb, Ariza, TT, Mo, Kurt...that lineup is very experienced, except for Ariza. But reezy can handle his own on the defensive end, and most of all, he provides a very athletic dude on the court that Marb can throw the pretty pass to for a dunk....

Posted by gunsnewing:

Start Taylor and Sweetney PLEASE!!!
gunsnewing
USA
3/8/2005  1:22 PM
i'm just really afraid that Taylor is going to start for Sweetney eventually then we'll get outrebounded every night.

but right now it looks like Taylor and KT will play the 4th quarters and not Sweetney
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/8/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

i'm just really afraid that Taylor is going to start for Sweetney eventually then we'll get outrebounded every night.

but right now it looks like Taylor and KT will play the 4th quarters and not Sweetney

Good problems to have. Though, my biggest fear is we may trade sweetney...man, if he lost that weight, he wouldn't be winded...did you see the quotes from marbs and co.

"WHEN he has his legs underneath him..."

Do you think he was just too tired to come back and be effective (missed two free throws and 3 shots in a row after the monster first quarter).

The race is on to see who gets in game shape faster. Mo T or Sweets.

BTW...I think Mo T is in love with playing in new york. He did say he liked VanGundy.

Actually he said:
"I actually liked Jeff. I know it's hard to believe that some players would like him but I actually had a good time with him."

Interesting...well, only time will tell, but so far, I'm heaping all my blame on Lenny.
all kool aid all the time.
Maurice Taylor!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy