[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maurice Taylor!!
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/7/2005  10:07 AM
IT needs to trade players for draft picks....We can use some more picks.....I am willing to trade Crawf to tell you all the truth...
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  11:04 AM
it's good to have a player like him on the bench, though his salary is obscene nonetheless...hopefully Isiah has a plan to unload at least 2 of the PF's in the offseason along w/Penny or TT to get himself a legitimate C, some ending contracts & future picks...that would be the ideal scenario.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/7/2005  11:04 AM
when did I say Taylor was a stiff? I have always said he can put the ball in the basket. Thats never been his problem. He had some VERY solid years with the Clippers and in fairness earned the contract the Rockets game him. Mo Taylor's knock is he doesnt work hard. He doesnt work hard in the offseason, he doesnt work hard on defense and he doesnt work hard rebounding the ball. If he at least was good on the boards I would give him more due. No everyone is Ron Artest.

Bottom line is he's healthy, but hasnt played because JVG benched him for Spoon because he doesnt board and doesnt D. If the only other PF we had was KT I wouldnt mind at all... at least he can put the ball in the hoop and playing with Crawford and Marbury he will get a lot of nic scoring opportunities. Problem is we have 4 other PFs.

Anyone notice JYD got a DNP last night? Remember when people were crowing for him to start, that we needed his energy and defense? Where are those people now?

We beat just about the worst team in the NBA so sorry I dont join the Mo Taylor appreciation thread.

where was this thread on Fri night? Oh yea... our frontcourt looked like a bunch of high school kids playing against the Magic. What was the score of that game again? Yes... thank god for Mo indeed
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2005  11:11 AM
If the Knicks can rehabilitate Mo Taylor and turn him into a servicable player, IT will be more able to trade KT & Sweetney
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by franco12:

If the Knicks can rehabilitate Mo Taylor and turn him into a servicable player, IT will be more able to trade KT & Sweetney

i would rather Isiah trade KT & either Rose or JYD...Mo T would be an ideal backup to have for Sweetney since he's still relatively young himself & can give you instant scoring off the bench.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by franco12:

What are you talking about? Taylor is already a a made player. Maybe if you said if Taylor can step up or turn his career around.....you said "rehabilitate him and turn him into a servicable player".....You sound like the Knick have to teach him something. Dude can play.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/07/2005 11:28:24]

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/07/2005 11:29:26]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/7/2005  11:24 AM
Posted by TMS:

it's good to have a player like him on the bench, though his salary is obscene nonetheless...hopefully Isiah has a plan to unload at least 2 of the PF's in the offseason along w/Penny or TT to get himself a legitimate C, some ending contracts & future picks...that would be the ideal scenario.

Who is a legit center? Big Z? He is the only one that might command a paycheck like Timmy or Penny. Big Z is also the only big post threat.
Besides Big Z I wouldn't trade for anybody.

Eddy Curry can't rebound so I dunno about him.

What's good with Joel Pryzbilla and Dan Gadzuric? Are they both free? they both could command the mid-level exemption.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
diderotn
USA
3/7/2005  11:43 AM
The surprise Center will be JB, the new kid that we have acquired recently and a young draft pick whom I have mentioned the other day on Center thread 272lbs 7'2" out of Georgetown......Isiah has to get rid of Kurt Thomas by end of season and employ young Centers that can be molded into stars....Those two young cats that I have just mentioned will be more than enough to provide the punch that we so badly need....shot blocking and hard nose defense around the rim...

Dwayne Jones from St Jo 6'11" 230 10pts 11rbs 3.2 blks
Keven Steenberge Richmond 6'11" 240 13pts 6 rbs 2blks
D'or Fisher West Virginia 6'11" 240 10 pts 5rbs 3blks
Aaron Gray Pitt 7' 275 5pts in just 7 minutes of play, 3rbs, and 1blk
Roy Hibbert Georgetown 7'2" 272 6pts, 4rbs, 2blks, in just 17minuts. Georgetown is where Ewing was from, combine with Sweetney, he may become something special...

[Edited by - diderotn on 03/07/2005 11:44:32]
fishmike
USA
3/7/2005  11:49 AM
those players you mentioned are crap... but I do share some curbed enthusiasm for Butler. The only downside is we no longer have roster spaces, so we have to hope like hell some team with cap space is willing to take on JYD, Taylor, Rose or one of these other guys for a future #2.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/7/2005  11:59 AM
I agree, mo taylor is a one way player, and that one way is offense, and post offense, he does tho, give the knicks something we really don't have other than sweets, that is a guy who can finish around the basket in different ways, last night, Mo caught and finished 3 passes I know would have been a disaster had nazr gotten his hands on them... I know he is not our answer, but if he keeps playing like he did last night, guarantee you moving him with a pick in a trade will look good to several teams around the league looking for a 6'9 guy who can flat out score.. The fact that he was in JVG's dog hous meant nothing to me, JVH had camby buried on the bench here back in 1999, not until Ewing got hurt, did camby play often and JVG was basically forced to playing camby,and guess what? camby played us right into the finals..... So trying to degrade mo by saying he was in JVG's doghouse doesn't mean squat to me..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
diderotn
USA
3/7/2005  12:23 PM
Let's face it, one should never be judged until given a fair chance. We should not criticize this dude's past performance with another squad, we should see what he can now that he is a Knicks..This dude has the potential to be a heck of a basketball player, with proper coaching, I believe that he can still be a pretty good player....Who said that he can't rebound? So far, he and TT are showing the critics wrong...Last night, between the two of them, I believe that they have collected about 12 rbs.....Give them a chance at proving that they are not worthy before trashing them...
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  12:52 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by TMS:

Who is a legit center? Big Z? He is the only one that might command a paycheck like Timmy or Penny. Big Z is also the only big post threat.

What's good with Joel Pryzbilla and Dan Gadzuric? Are they both free? they both could command the mid-level exemption.

not interested at all in Pryzbilla...Gadzuric would be a nice signing, thought the full MLE would be too much for him...i would offer him something like Vin Baker got last year.
EnySpree

3/7/2005  1:06 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by TMS:

not interested at all in Pryzbilla...Gadzuric would be a nice signing, thought the full MLE would be too much for him...i would offer him something like Vin Baker got last year.

I agree....both are back-ups on good teams anyway.

What about Big Z? Do you think Cleveland would sign and trade him to NY? Tim Thomas would definately be the guy to go if he continues to play like he's supposed to. Would the Knicks be better off?

Someone brought up the draft and Jackie Butler. Aside from Big Z there is no one available worth making a huge sign and trade for.

We'll all have a nice opinion of Taylor and Rose at the end of the season but what will happen? Right away at least two power fwds have to go.

It will be interesting.

Aside from Big Z I'm not sure if any of the other guys are worth it.

[Edited by - enyspree on 03/07/2005 13:07:20]
TMS
USA
3/7/2005  1:22 PM
i think it would take more than TT obviously to get Z from CLE in any sign & trades...probably a combination of TT, Sweetney & the late 1st rounder i would roughly estimate, though that may be a tad too much...still, CLE would not give up a top NBA C for anything short of a significant package imho.

anyway, i don't think Z fits Isiah's profile of what he intends to do w/this team...he's said all along he wanted to get younger & more athletic...Eddy Curry would fit his model.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/07/2005 13:23:16]
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2005  3:45 PM
Posted by TMS:

i think it would take more than TT obviously to get Z from CLE in any sign & trades...probably a combination of TT, Sweetney & the late 1st rounder i would roughly estimate, though that may be a tad too much...still, CLE would not give up a top NBA C for anything short of a significant package imho.

anyway, i don't think Z fits Isiah's profile of what he intends to do w/this team...he's said all along he wanted to get younger & more athletic...Eddy Curry would fit his model.

[Edited by - TMS on 03/07/2005 13:23:16]

I think Isiah will take the best player he can get- if that was big Z in a s&t with Cleveland, I suspect he would.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/7/2005  4:15 PM
Amen

>>I know he is not our answer, but if he keeps playing like he did last night, guarantee you moving him with a pick in a trade will look good to several teams around the league looking for a 6'9 guy who can flat out score.. The fact that he was in JVG's dog hous meant nothing to me, JVH had camby buried on the bench here back in 1999, not until Ewing got hurt, did camby play often and JVG was basically forced to playing camby,and guess what? camby played us right into the finals..... So trying to degrade mo by saying he was in JVG's doghouse doesn't mean squat to me..

What tkf said

Mo Taylor just needs .some Madison Sqaure Garden love

You know, like the kind Spree was shown
once a knick always a knick
fishmike
USA
3/7/2005  5:04 PM
Sprewell was an all star at the peek of his career. Mo Taylor's career has been going downhill every year since he signed his big contract. Sprewell wasnt benched... if you want to compare someone to Spree how about Artest? Mo Taylor is just a fat guy making tons of money with a lousy work ethic.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/7/2005  8:21 PM
Oh please, you guys are ready to jump on a bandwagon even when it has 3 wheels.

Mo Taylor is a guy who can score in the post, and thats where his game ends. He doesnt rebound, play d, and his outside shot is inconsistent. He is also fat and out of shape.

For the last time, he IS NOT an above average athlete. He cand dunk, so could Fatspoon, he is 6 8 you know, its not that hard.

Also, for going 4-1, thats bs, we have been playin some awful teams.
Our defense is still pathetic, we just were lucky enough to outscore some teams that did not seem to care.

The one time we ran into a decent team, they killed us.

So stop actin like you know more then the "media garbage", cause you know what, sometimes even they get something right. Especially considering they write a new point of view every day lol.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/8/2005  2:20 AM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/40858.htm
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  8:09 AM
Mo is the perfect guy to have around. Read what he said below about playing time.."As much as any player in the NBA wants to start, Taylor said he is content as a reserve, especially if he is going to play all 12 minutes of a hotly contested fourth quarter.

"I didn't start yesterday (Sunday) and I had a hell of a time finishing the game," he said. "I don't get caught up in who starts and who comes off the bench. My best season with Jeff, I came off the bench and it was in the same role -- come off the bench, get in the post and try and score points. I'm not concerned with who starts."

Ask Kurt whether he feels the same about playing time...

http://www.nj.com/knicks/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/111026362061650.xml
Maurice Taylor!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy