[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maurice Taylor!!
Author Thread
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
3/6/2005  10:09 PM
It looks like once he gets use to this team, he is going to be a good player. I know many of you don't think he can play but I think Isiah made a good move by picking up Taylor. Taylor has a nice inside and outside game.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/6/2005  10:36 PM
he was a very good scorer with the Clippers a couple years back. He doesnt D and is weak on the boards. He is the same as about 8 other guys on our team are... decent players with BAD contracts.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/6/2005  10:42 PM
I think he's a lot more talented and a lot more upside than Kurt Thomas who should be a bench player. He also looked really good rebounding the ball tonight. I think him and Sweetney can co-exist in the front court for this year until we get a true center. Teams are going to have fits having to double and triple team both of them! And I still say sweetney is a better defender and rebounder then Kurt Thomas. Kurt Thomas needs to be bench and not say a word about it! Isiah will hopefully trade him on draft day since he has no place on this team.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/6/2005  10:52 PM
He is a post up player on a team that only had one before he got here, but he needs to focus on defense and rebounding.
BigC
Member: #829
3/6/2005  10:52 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think he's a lot more talented and a lot more upside than Kurt Thomas who should be a bench player. He also looked really good rebounding the ball tonight. I think him and Sweetney can co-exist in the front court for this year until we get a true center. Teams are going to have fits having to double and triple team both of them! And I still say sweetney is a better defender and rebounder then Kurt Thomas. Kurt Thomas needs to be bench and not say a word about it! Isiah will hopefully trade him on draft day since he has no place on this team.

Good point! In tonight's game Troy Murphy was going off on Kurt Thomas. When Taylor came in the game Troy points came to a hault. Kurt Thomas plays bad against players that can shoot from the outside. As far as Taylor being compared to other pf's on our team. Taylor is the only player that gives you the best of both worlds. Meaning inside and outside game. Sweetney is good inside but not out. Kurt is only good outside. Taylor can do both.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
3/6/2005  10:58 PM
Posted by BigC:

As far as Taylor being compared to other pf's on our team. Taylor is the only player that gives you the best of both worlds. Meaning inside and outside game. Sweetney is good inside but not out. Kurt is only good outside. Taylor can do both.
excellent point, this is why taylor is considered to be so talented offensively..
http://allknicks.com
gunsnewing
USA
3/6/2005  11:01 PM
good point taylor is the only guy who can do both and most great bigs score inside and out like malone, cwebb, duncan, Jneal etc
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/6/2005  11:22 PM
Tonight the Knicks displayed good depth on the inside. KT was in foul trouble and JYD didn't play.....

Taylor can flat out score if given the opportunity. He showed a nice jumper way out in KT range and he shows not only a good back to the basket moves but he faces up nice and can take guys off the dribble.

What suprises me is his rebounding and defensive work. He was actually working hard for rebounds. On defense he was very active closing in on guys and cutting them off. Also stopping guys from getting easy scores with good fouls.

Credit Isiah for the insight and Herb for giving Taylor a chance even though Sweets was hot and KT was in foul trouble.

Taylor might eventually start games if Sweets can't stay consistant.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/6/2005  11:35 PM
I don't think anybody doubted Taylors abilty to score, but his attention on the defensive side is compared to a rookie.
ES
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/6/2005  11:41 PM
Everyone on this board have criticized Taylor's defense, but what about Kurt's? he is no better. What about Houston's? he is not better....

Posted by knicks1248:

I don't think anybody doubted Taylors abilty to score, but his attention on the defensive side is compared to a rookie.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
USA
3/6/2005  11:46 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

didnt look like it tonight. Actually KT looked more like a rookie as troy murphy took him to school and KT didnt even get his hands up.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/07/2005 00:19:32]
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  12:16 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Everyone on this board have criticized Taylor's defense, but what about Kurt's? he is no better. What about Houston's? he is not better....

Posted by knicks1248:

Kurt locks his defender down to 60% shooting. He's at least the 8th best PF on this team!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/7/2005  12:57 AM
Awesome game by Taylor. The one thing I was left wondering after this game was that if the Knicks actually had a consistent low-post threat, is that what the team would look like? Now I know the Warriors arent a good team but the combined low-post scoring, cutting and slashing by TT just makes me wonder what this team could look like if it had a consistent scorer down low.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
diderotn
USA
3/7/2005  7:30 AM
I do believe that it all evolves around Marburry's recognition of the low-post as an asset to him. He has to be patient enough to get the most out of those players. He is so accoustumed of playing the pick&roll with Kurt, he becomes very lazy. However, once he realizes how good his low post players are and develops some sort of chemistry with them, Marb assists ratio will be way up. He needs to learn to trust TT, Sweetn, and Mo. Basically, Herb has to let it be known that all plays should be run through the post either with TT as the second option or Sweetney...

Posted by nyk4ever:

Awesome game by Taylor. The one thing I was left wondering after this game was that if the Knicks actually had a consistent low-post threat, is that what the team would look like? Now I know the Warriors arent a good team but the combined low-post scoring, cutting and slashing by TT just makes me wonder what this team could look like if it had a consistent scorer down low.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/7/2005  8:39 AM
Unlike the opinion pushed by fish.mike, Mo Taylor is not a stiff.

He is a classic post-Clipper player who craves the right situation and the right motivation to pull his talent to the surface. Can Mark Aguirre work his magic? No one knows.

But to simply bash him before he learns the plays is not only fooliosh, its downright mean.

Stop the madness
once a knick always a knick
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/7/2005  8:43 AM
Posted by misterearl:

He is a classic post-Clipper player who craves the right situation and the right motivation to pull his talent to the surface. Can Mark Aguirre work his magic? No one knows.

But to simply bash him before he learns the plays is not only fooliosh, its downright mean.

Stop the madness

You're making it personal. I can't speak for Fish but I doubt he is. It's about spending $10M/yr for 2 more years on a guy who might or might not overcome a bad rep and declining career. Plus giving up a draft pick and 2 earlier-expiring contracts. Why isn't it fair to be critical of that move for this team at this time?
EnySpree

3/7/2005  9:19 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by knicks1248:

didnt look like it tonight. Actually KT looked more like a rookie as troy murphy took him to school and KT didnt even get his hands up.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/07/2005 00:19:32]

KT was playing way off of Troy Murphy all night. Troy wasn't contested all night. There were at least 2 times where KT was in the paint while Troy was in the corner ordering a hotdog waiting for a open 3pter.

Plus KT was killing me with the amount of room he game Troy when he was actually in defensive position. Troy 30ft out is not a threat to drive. KT is annoying sometimes.

As fat as Taylor's defense and rebounding. Seeing is believing and he was working hard last night in both aspects.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

3/7/2005  9:27 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by misterearl:

Stop the madness

You're making it personal. I can't speak for Fish but I doubt he is. It's about spending $10M/yr for 2 more years on a guy who might or might not overcome a bad rep and declining career. Plus giving up a draft pick and 2 earlier-expiring contracts. Why isn't it fair to be critical of that move for this team at this time?

Watch games and stop looking at the payroll. Baker and Moochie for Taylor is a nice upgrade in talent. That's all that matters.

Mo Taylor isn't Clarence Weatherspoon.

Mo Taylor's offensive game is nice. Really nice. He gets off the ground nice too. With Sweets and Taylor the Knicks don't miss a beat as far as going inside and out.

Like I always say.....people tend to repeat media trash and only remember the losses.

The Knicks have been 4-1 since the trade. That's all that matters.

Don't be suprised if Mo Taylor becomes your favorite Knick by the end of this season.
diderotn
USA
3/7/2005  9:44 AM
Some of the haters are clueless. They are always looking for something to criticize. They are too dumb or weak to acknowledge what is good...By the end of the season, they will all be converted.....

Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by misterearl:

Stop the madness

Watch games and stop looking at the payroll. Baker and Moochie for Taylor is a nice upgrade in talent. That's all that matters.

Mo Taylor isn't Clarence Weatherspoon.

Mo Taylor's offensive game is nice. Really nice. He gets off the ground nice too. With Sweets and Taylor the Knicks don't miss a beat as far as going inside and out.

Like I always say.....people tend to repeat media trash and only remember the losses.

The Knicks have been 4-1 since the trade. That's all that matters.

Don't be suprised if Mo Taylor becomes your favorite Knick by the end of this season.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2005  10:01 AM
I was initially concern with the Mo Taylor trade- IT did trade some garbage with ending deals for a player of dubious talent & committment and a longer term contract.

As for how many power forwards are on this team, I bet this summer some combination of them are gone- Sweetney was the only low post threat until Taylor- If Taylor performs well, IT will be able to move Sweetney in the summer.

I think the Taylor/Rose trades were about getting flexibility- before these deals, there was no way for IT to move both KT & Sweetney- now, I think he can.
Maurice Taylor!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy