Why not trade ariza or sweetny with tim or penny
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Marbs really does not have much trade value.

I would rather go with plan "A" which is the make his teamates "better" not "bitter"!

KT and Marts for Odom? Yeah, I like it, but its not real!
Look at how little Odom and the Lakers have been able to accomplish playing with one of the top 5 guards in the NBA. Look at how inconsistent a career Odom has had while Marbury has been a dependable 20/9 every year. I like Odom a lot, but not if the price is Marbury. This is an old debate, though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03/07/2005 14:49:39]
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  2:54 PM
KT, Crawford & protected 1st rounder for Odom.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/7/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I would rather go with plan "A" which is the make his teamates "better" not "bitter"!

Yeah that makes sense, get Odom so he can just shoot the ball too. And by this time next year, you will be complaining about Odom is too soft and not a franchise player.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/7/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

Look at how little Odom and the Lakers have been able to accomplish playing with one of the top 5 guards in the NBA. Look at how inconsistent a career Odom has had while Marbury has been a dependable 20/9 every year. I like Odom a lot, but not if the price is Marbury. This is an old debate, though.

I blame Kobe for Odom's fall. He's such a ball hog. Look at how Odom dominated at the Garden (LAL game) with so few touches. I've seen about 10 Lakers games this year and most end the same way, with Kobe dominating the ball and only passing to set up awkward shots for his mates at the end of the shot clock.

I think Marbury does a much better job spreading the love and getting his guys shots than Kobe does. The thing is, Marbs isn't a leader the way Nash is. Marbs will only win if the team surrounding him either A) has a leader or B) has enough talent that leadership doesn't matter. Either scenario is unlikely.

Odom has the potential to be a leader on his own team. If you could somehow pair Marbs and Odom, it would be FANTASTIC. As is, would I trade Marbs for Odom? Maybe. You put Jamal at the point, trade for JR Smith or draft a SG and all the sudden, the Knicks look pretty good. But, I don't see why this trade keeps making the rounds. The Lakers would never trade Odom for Marbury because Marbury plus Kobe would be a DISASTER. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. And not because of Marbury. Kobe is the most selfish player in the league. Odom is a decent guy to play with Kobe because he won't complain too much. Marbury? Hoo boy.
¿ △ ?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/7/2005  3:04 PM
i think having Odom & Marbury working the pick & roll & Sweetney/Mo T in the paint would be a vast improvement over what this team had the past several years...if you could sign Larry Hughes to a FA contract to replace Jamal Crawford, that team seriously challenges for the East next season imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Pharzeone
3/7/2005  3:04 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

I blame Kobe for Odom's fall. He's such a ball hog. Look at how Odom dominated at the Garden (LAL game) with so few touches. I've seen about 10 Lakers games this year and most end the same way, with Kobe dominating the ball and only passing to set up awkward shots for his mates at the end of the shot clock.

I think Marbury does a much better job spreading the love and getting his guys shots than Kobe does. The thing is, Marbs isn't a leader the way Nash is. Marbs will only win if the team surrounding him either A) has a leader or B) has enough talent that leadership doesn't matter. Either scenario is unlikely.

Odom has the potential to be a leader on his own team. If you could somehow pair Marbs and Odom, it would be FANTASTIC. As is, would I trade Marbs for Odom? Maybe. You put Jamal at the point, trade for JR Smith or draft a SG and all the sudden, the Knicks look pretty good. But, I don't see why this trade keeps making the rounds. The Lakers would never trade Odom for Marbury because Marbury plus Kobe would be a DISASTER. D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R. And not because of Marbury. Kobe is the most selfish player in the league. Odom is a decent guy to play with Kobe because he won't complain too much. Marbury? Hoo boy.
Odom is a decent guy? All he did was complain as a Clipper. He couldn't get along with Brand, or Richardson. He hated management for legit reasons but he was a huge baby. Like most good players, Odom has his good days and his bad. Let me ask you this, is Odom a leader? What team has he lead?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2005  3:12 PM
Posted by TMS:

i think having Odom & Marbury working the pick & roll & Sweetney/Mo T in the paint would be a vast improvement over what this team had the past several years...if you could sign Larry Hughes to a FA contract to replace Jamal Crawford, that team seriously challenges for the East next season imho.
I agree with you about Odom and Marbury being a sweet combo. I only want Odom if you can keep Marbury. Otherwise, I'd look for other players to add.
Pharzeone
3/7/2005  3:27 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

I agree with you about Odom and Marbury being a sweet combo. I only want Odom if you can keep Marbury. Otherwise, I'd look for other players to add.
Right, why would you want to trade Marbury for Odom, when you want Marbury to play with an Odom. It's funny, Marbury takes heat but a guy like Houston is just whistling dixie. He is like the thin man. You should be trying to come up with ways with trading Houston not Marbury.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/7/2005  6:36 PM
Posted by bernard:

Nobody, IMO, on the Knicks is untradeable. We're not one or two pieces away from a title. We're one or two pieces away from making the playoffs in the pathetic east. So, if the right deal is available and it includes Sweet or Ariza, or even both, then we make it. BUT, the right deal means getting a young stud or 2 who we feel has more potential than either of those guys. Cannot trade either of them for someone over 25. In fact, I don't think we should make any trade for someone over 25 unless we're getting rid of someone older and/or shortening our contract obligation. Briggs is right. Older is not better in the NBA, especially for a team that's going to need 2 or 3 years to contend.

thats not fair especially considering how little minutes sweetney and ariza have gotten so far compared to most rookies and they've both done an excellent job!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 03/07/2005 18:39:17]
Why not trade ariza or sweetny with tim or penny

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy