[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

College Centers that we should target in the draft....
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
3/6/2005  2:04 PM
Dwayne Jones from St Jo 6'11" 230 10pts 11rbs 3.2 blks
Keven Steenberge Richmond 6'11" 240 13pts 6 rbs 2blks
D'or Fisher West Virginia 6'11" 240 10 pts 5rbs 3blks
Aaron Gray Pitt 7' 275 5pts in just 7 minutes of play, 3rbs, and 1blk
Roy Hibbert Georgetown 7'2" 272 6pts, 4rbs, 2blks, in just 17minuts. Georgetown is where Ewing was from, combine with Sweetney, he may become something special...

There are plenty of other names out ther that we may find interesting. At this point, we need to find a guy that has a pretty good understanding of how to play defense and block shots...I personally like the dude Hibbert. He is big enough to play that position and heavy enough to guard Shaq. If he is still on the board by the time we get to pick, Isiah please don't pass on this dude..He is a young Maryland product and perhaps with Sweetney around he may become the Center that we've all been waiting for.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=22426

[Edited by - diderotn on 03/06/2005 14:08:18]
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
USA
3/6/2005  11:34 PM
Woww, I can't believe that none of you have responded to this thread. I didn't want to talk about Bogut, because the majority of you have spent a lot of hours discussing this dude. However, I felt that these other guys that I have mentioned could be even better than Bogut. If you look at the amount of minutes that they have played, they all have a much better stats than Bogut....if we fail to get a top pick, we can still use two of our picks to draft a couple of those big guys above....
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  8:01 AM
Dwayne Jones from St Jo 6'11" 230 10pts 11rbs 3.2 blks....could be a very special player. He is a junior and should be ready the NBA by now. I like the fact that he can rebound the ball and most of all has a knack for blocking shots...3.2 blocks per game is really good...
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/8/2005  10:35 AM
you missed Matt Nelson 7-0 270 Colorado State:>)

but realistically these are all second round picks right nOW, or even undrfated players who belong in europe.

dwayne jones is a decent player[solid rebounder especially] with no offensive moves whatso ever, he does remind me of a poor mans Camby and is worthy of a 2nd round pick , but he is still a junior and really is more of a a 4-5 because he is skinny. But he does have potential, no doubt about it. It would be best if he stays in school.

Hibert is slow, but hes also a freshmen. he could develop into something for sure, but he needs to lose 25 pounds and really work hard on increasing agility and explosion by losing weight and working with weights. he is one big dude.

Grey is also a potential first round pick in 2 years. he has taken pT away from Chris Taft at points, but he also needs time, like atleast the next two years and possibly some time abroad.

fischer has taken a huge step back this year and should go to europe

ive never heard of the kid from richmond
RIP Crushalot😞
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  10:43 AM
Instead of trading our draft picks, I hope that Isiah find a way to get more draft picks....We need to bring in as many bigs into camp to fill the void that we have in the middle...I trust Isiah's ability to draft.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2005  11:51 AM
I think the best bet for a center in this draft is going to be Channing Frye. Let's be honest, barring a miracle, we aren't getting Bogut or even Taft.

Frye is a guy averaging 15ppg, 8rpg and 2 blocks in a good conference. He's a legit 6'11" and a four year senior at a school, Arizona, known for producing savvy pros.

If we're lucky, we can snag him at the 29th pick. Zeke already loves this guy and invited him to Knicks Summer League last year, but Channing declined so he could go to school one last year.

The other guy I really like is Shelden Williams. While this guy is a hair short of 6'10", he is an uber athlete and can swat shots like Josh Boone. I look at Shelden as a poor man's Josh (who will be top 3 in 2006). I don't know whether I would use a top ten pick on Shelden, but he won't last much longer than the top ten.

As I've said a million times, the guy I covet from this draft who is in our range is Hakim Warrick. I think this guy is a Marion/Stro Swift type: rebounds, blocks, athletic putbacks, fast wing player.

My dream draft would be to get either Warrick or Shelden and then snag Channing Frye with the 29th pick.
¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/8/2005  12:04 PM
We need a real proto-typical Center 6'11"/7+' to play that position. We have too many short players playing out of position, so we don't need to repeat the same sin....We don't really need the top 3 picks to draft a Center with skills that can help our team....We can always find a Center out of a small school....

Posted by crzymdups:

I think the best bet for a center in this draft is going to be Channing Frye. Let's be honest, barring a miracle, we aren't getting Bogut or even Taft.

Frye is a guy averaging 15ppg, 8rpg and 2 blocks in a good conference. He's a legit 6'11" and a four year senior at a school, Arizona, known for producing savvy pros.

If we're lucky, we can snag him at the 29th pick. Zeke already loves this guy and invited him to Knicks Summer League last year, but Channing declined so he could go to school one last year.

The other guy I really like is Shelden Williams. While this guy is a hair short of 6'10", he is an uber athlete and can swat shots like Josh Boone. I look at Shelden as a poor man's Josh (who will be top 3 in 2006). I don't know whether I would use a top ten pick on Shelden, but he won't last much longer than the top ten.

As I've said a million times, the guy I covet from this draft who is in our range is Hakim Warrick. I think this guy is a Marion/Stro Swift type: rebounds, blocks, athletic putbacks, fast wing player.

My dream draft would be to get either Warrick or Shelden and then snag Channing Frye with the 29th pick.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/8/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think everyone knows my stance on Shelden. Last week was the firs ttime I came away a little bit impressed by him but lets also remember that Sean May put up 26 points and 23 rebounds on him. Shelden is going to be guarding guys alot tougher then this in the NBA and I still am not high on him. Low first round pick if you ask me.

Channing Frye sadly reminds me alot of Loren Woods and I remember the year everyone was pissed at Layden for passing on Loren Woods about 2 times in that draft but hindsight says that was a wise choice. I'd take Channing but in the second round.

Hakim Warrick I like, man he'd be a fit in Phoenix but they aren't going to have a shot at him unless they trade up. I still think he needs to improve his shooting becuase right now in college he is playing well becuase he's just 10X more of an athlete then almost everyone that guards him, that will change once he steps foot on an NBA court. He reminds me alot of Richard Jefferson coming out of college, but a better athlete then RJ and if he can work on his shot like RJ did then I can see a real nice career for himself.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2005  12:14 PM
Yeah, I really like Warrick. I think he'll be available in the 9,10,11 range. He's going to slip because people think of him as a tweener. We'll see.

I like Shelden. I can see doubting him, but I see potential there. He just has a knack around the basket.

Frye I'm not totally sold on. Yeah, he could be the next Loren Woods or he could be Camby Lite (very Lite).

¿ △ ?
diderotn
USA
3/10/2005  7:09 AM
Kevin Pittsnogle
Center | #34 | Junior | Roster

Height: 6-11
Weight: 240 lbs.
Hometown: Martinsburg, WV

This young dude 24 minutes and scored 24/8rbs last night...Not a strong shot blocker, but how do you all feel about this dude???

Kevin Steenberge
Center | #51 | Junior | Roster

Height: 6-11
Weight: 235 lbs.
Hometown: Columbia, MD

In 31 minutes this young man scored 22 points and grabed 7 boards. He is not too good of a SBlocker, but with practice and weight training he will get stronger..

Note, I watched Hibbert 7'2" Center from Georgetown play last night, but he didn't do much to catch anyone's attention...He is long and not to big. He has pretty good foot work for a big man...He only played 10 minutes so I can't tell exactly how good he can be...but with rigorous training and if he has the desire to be good, he will be a monster...He is only a freshman.....

Check out Costa Perovic
http://hoopshype.com/draft/kosta_perovic.htm

[Edited by - diderotn on 03/10/2005 07:22:42]

[Edited by - diderotn on 03/10/2005 08:53:18]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
3/10/2005  11:35 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Instead of trading our draft picks, I hope that Isiah find a way to get more draft picks....We need to bring in as many bigs into camp to fill the void that we have in the middle...I trust Isiah's ability to draft.
Yeah if they're all second round picks and we keep both picks, pick two of those mutherFreakers and train their punk arses how to play!!!
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
3/11/2005  4:02 AM
Diderotn,

Last night in the GTown vs UConn game Hibbert made a move that made me think this kid has the potential of being something special. He received the ball at the top of the key and when he put the ball on the floor his defender went for a steal. Hibbert spinned away from it (still maintaining his dribble) and drove all the way to the hoop for a beautiful finger roll over two defenders under the basket. I was impressed that a young kid that big could make that move under that pressure. I think he looked awkward running last night mainly because i'd guess his knee was giving him problems (alas the wrap). I agree with Briggs on Hibbert needing to loose some weight but i'd limit that to his lower extremes. He needs to build up major muscle up top for strength and coordination and just tone his legs out. He's gonna be special imho.
diderotn
USA
3/11/2005  5:34 PM
MOst definitely...That kid is no more than 18 and still has a lot to learn about the game of basketball....He has great foot work and he is very agile...Put him with Agwire, I can almost guaraty you that this kid would be an all star for years...He is what the Knicks need at Center, but he will need to vigourosly train his lower extremety because as a Center, he will be pushed around by bigger guys like Shaq and Yao....

Posted by JUNKMEIN:

Diderotn,

Last night in the GTown vs UConn game Hibbert made a move that made me think this kid has the potential of being something special. He received the ball at the top of the key and when he put the ball on the floor his defender went for a steal. Hibbert spinned away from it (still maintaining his dribble) and drove all the way to the hoop for a beautiful finger roll over two defenders under the basket. I was impressed that a young kid that big could make that move under that pressure. I think he looked awkward running last night mainly because i'd guess his knee was giving him problems (alas the wrap). I agree with Briggs on Hibbert needing to loose some weight but i'd limit that to his lower extremes. He needs to build up major muscle up top for strength and coordination and just tone his legs out. He's gonna be special imho.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
3/11/2005  7:06 PM
anyone who is young, hard working, and strong, and aint lazy
anyone who can rebound(at least 8 per game), block(at least 1.5), is good enough for me
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/11/2005  9:10 PM
Channing Frye to me is not getting his props. They got him compared to Jason Collins on NBADraft.net......maybe in body size, but Channing is a whole lot more quicker.

I think he is the second best center behind Bogut, at least in college basketball. Isiah might definately have to try and draft a center if he can. If you rely on free agency the best out there is Big Z, then Curry. There are a few other guys like Pryzbilla, Gadzuric, Pachilla(sp?), Rebracca, etc that might be able to step in and be servicable. If that's the case then might as well draft the cheaper player.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/11/2005  9:17 PM
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

anyone who can rebound(at least 8 per game), block(at least 1.5), is good enough for me

Damn! Add in possessing a mad crossover and able to hit the tough shot in traffic and you're talking about EnySpree before the ACL!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/11/2005  11:08 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK:

Damn! Add in possessing a mad crossover and able to hit the tough shot in traffic and you're talking about EnySpree before the ACL!!!

Lol......I like that.

I'll be back next summer!!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/12/2005  11:21 AM
I think the only other college big men that Isiah likes is a Charlie Villanueva. A skilled big men. Outside shot, rebounder, weak side blocker, and has improving post moves. He is more gear for the 4 spot, so I don't know. But I am telling you, if that French kid Petro is there, forget about it. He scouted this kid personally. His foreign scouts are crazy about him too.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
College Centers that we should target in the draft....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy