Potential of Rookies...
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/21/2002  8:15 PM
If the following rookies reached their potential, which would you want:
Dajuan Wagner - Pretty much a carbon copy of Allen Iverson.
Drew Gooden - A Tim Duncan type player. Good passer, rebounder, not as big as Duncan.
Amare Stoudemire - Kevin Garnett type.
Yao Ming - Potential to average 25 points, 13 boards, a few blocks.
Mike Dunleavy - Next Larry Bird.
LeBron James - Kobe's scoring w/ Magic's passing. Kobe's size.

Keep in mind, these are my comparisons, if you have a comparison, put it up. We'll all vote.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/21/2002  8:40 PM
i think lebron is more like mcgrady but even better

and

Gooden like a younger cwebb
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/21/2002  10:30 PM
I'd take LeBron James. Dunleavy is over-rated IMO...
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/22/2002  5:27 AM
Dajuan Wagner - Pretty much a carbon copy of Allen Iverson.

Not quite but close, Dajaun slower but stronger and seems to have a better outside shot (potentially anyway).
Drew Gooden - A Tim Duncan type player. Good passer, rebounder, not as big as Duncan.

Not even close to Tim Duncan as Drew lacks the frame Timmy Camel has. The question has arisen with scouts if Drew won't become a SF in the NBA instead of a PF. Problem with this is, the length on his shot isn't there yet. He's got everything else though to become a SF.
Amare Stoudemire - Kevin Garnett type.

Totally wrong, Amare is a physical mofo who'll want to tear you up if you visit him in the lane. More a combination of Kenyon Martin and Oakley, yet alot more athletic(yowza). The question here is will he be able to diversify his offense, as now he can dunk his way through HS basketball.
Yao Ming - Potential to average 25 points, 13 boards, a few blocks.

True, you forgot assist though, he should have quite some triple doubles in his career if it goes somewhat according to plan. He's a good passer, athletic and a team player. Might be too tall but whoever gets him will wrok around that.
Mike Dunleavy - Next Larry Bird.

Nothing more to add, Dunleavy will return to school though.
LeBron James - Kobe's scoring w/ Magic's passing. Kobe's size.

He's the shiznit, already considered one of those players you never ever trade of your team.
Keep in mind, these are my comparisons, if you have a comparison, put it up. We'll all vote.

Made some changes if you don't mind..

OK then up this week's banner it's
Nickoloz Tskitishvili 6-11 PF (Georgia) 1983

My personal favorite pick, if he declares and if we fall out of the top 6 (which I wouyldn't mind since I want a top 3 pick next year). Why? Well this kid is comparable to Pau Gasol, yet stronger and faster. Gasol has surprised everyone with his quick adjustment to the NBA, no guarantee Tskitishvili will do the same.
Smush Parker 6-4 180 PG Fordham So.

Whether we tarde for an additonal late first rounder or hopefully be lucky enough to grab him with our high 2nd rounder, if he declares. Has amazing skills, is athletic, ball virtuoso and sharp passer. Has alot of assists at Fordham but also alot of turnovers. However most of his teammates are "surprised" when they get the ball, he's that good with the sharp pass. He's averaging 16.5 ppg, 4.4apg (on a team where he's clearly the best player) , 2.3spg and unfortunately 4.4 TO (but that's more an unreceived turnover). He's a playground legend, real name William Parker, other nick nam, the grim reaper.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/22/2002  12:31 PM
Ha, guess I was wrong about pretty much all of my picks. I dunno about this Nickolai guy, I read that he's only 230 pounds, and on a 6 ft. 11 frame thats like Camby's injury problem x 2. You're right though, if we fall out of the top 6, take the best potential/most athletic.
#Knickstaps
Potential of Rookies...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy