[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What do you think about this?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/5/2005  10:39 PM
New York trades: C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.8 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (18.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 3.8 apg in 36.3 minutes)
1st round pick
New York receives: SG Larry Hughes (21.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 5.2 apg in 37.6 minutes)
PF Kwame Brown (5.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.2 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.9 ppg, -2.5 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Washington trades: SG Larry Hughes (21.6 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 5.2 apg in 37.6 minutes)
PF Kwame Brown (5.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 17.2 minutes)
Washington receives: C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.8 minutes)
1st round pick
Change in team outlook: +2.9 ppg, +2.5 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Marbury
Hughes
Ariza
Sweets
Kwame

I would absolutely love this trade....Gives Wash a direct scoring replacement for Huhes and upgrades their PF spot plus they get a pick.....I know this may be overpaying a little, but I think Hughes is a much better all around player than Craw (at this point). Hughes will be only 26 this year , while Craw will be 25. We get rid of KT's contract and get a potential starting center with Kwame, who is only 23 this year.
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/5/2005  10:49 PM
nice, but if you think the washington players are better, domn't you think ernie G might to?
RIP Crushalot😞
joec32033
USA
3/5/2005  10:57 PM
Kwame isn't better than KT now, but he has the potential to be, potential that I think will only be realized elsewhere. We are giving up more than Washington is with the addition of KT and the 1st round pick.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/5/2005  10:59 PM
I have to assume you mean the Spurs pick.
I'm not sure I'd see Washington doing this, and I'd need to take a closer look before I pull the trigger. I'm just not a big Kwame fan. If we could get him for cheap, I definately wouldn't object, but I wouldn't give up too much value for him.
I haven't seen much of Hughes. His stats look good from what I can tell, just need to actually watch him a few games before I can make an informed oppinion.
As it stand right now, I like the trade.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/5/2005  11:02 PM
i usually get headaches when i see trade proposals but i think this is one of the more "better" trades that i have seen in recent memory.

Especially since I tend to think of Antwan Jamison as being "severely" overrated at the PF position
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
joec32033
USA
3/5/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I have to assume you mean the Spurs pick.
I'm not sure I'd see Washington doing this, and I'd need to take a closer look before I pull the trigger. I'm just not a big Kwame fan. If we could get him for cheap, I definately wouldn't object, but I wouldn't give up too much value for him.
I haven't seen much of Hughes. His stats look good from what I can tell, just need to actually watch him a few games before I can make an informed oppinion.
As it stand right now, I like the trade.

Yes, I mean the Spurs pick.....sorry 'bout that....Hughes IMO would ne the perfect compliment to Marbury as was said on another thread in this forum.

Thing is I would verpay a little for a couple reasons. First we would have to entice Washington to do this trade and they would have to get more than a little something out of it. Second we get rid of KT. It leaves a whle at center (Maybe, if we don't use the pick we get in the lotto on a developed college center).It's obvious KT isn't happy here, he doesn't get along with Steph, he doesn't want to play center, which is arguably his best position....

Think of what we can do with a lineup of

Petro/Butler
Sweetney/Taylor/JYD
Ariza/Rose
Hughes/(Ariza?)
Marbury/Penny or (second round pick Gilchrist or Jack may slip....or even Nate Robinson)

This lineup still has the tradeable contracts of TT and Penny....the MLE and the LLE to be used....

[Edited by - joec32033 on 03/05/2005 23:21:44]
BRIGGS
3/5/2005  11:21 PM
no one in this league is trading a 23 YO 6-11/ 7-0 260 PF for a 6-8 235 pD 33 YO PF, and on top of that you think they will take back the inferior SG, and you are throwing in pick 29 to make it work

OK go get it done! You have CVC permission to seek this trade and execute it!

and while you are at it, stop in pheonix and offer them Marbury and our lottery pick for amare back!
RIP Crushalot😞
joec32033
USA
3/5/2005  11:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no one in this league is trading a 23 YO 6-11/ 7-0 260 PF for a 6-8 235 pD 33 YO PF, and on top of that you think they will take back the inferior SG, and you are throwing in pick 29 to make it work

and while you are at it, stop in pheonix and offer them Marbury and our lottery pick for amare back!

Briggs, take a pill....Kwame has hardly even played this season, KT would let Wash move Jamison to SF, not to mention KT is by far a better player right now and Kwame seems unable to fulfil his potential in Wash. Yes, right now Craw is not as good as Hughes, I admit that but they are not getting just Craw, but KT too.....

It is just something to look at, amigo, and you seem to be the only one so far who doesn't think it is a fair trade, which means either you are smarter than everyone that posted so far or there is always the outside chance that people see the pieces we are giving up as a little more important than you do.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/5/2005  11:38 PM
isn't Hughes an UFA after this season? his salary only shows through this season on Hoopshype.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm

if so, why not simply offer him a full MLE type deal to sign here & trade Craw & KT in another trade to get a more proven bigman?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
USA
3/5/2005  11:55 PM
I didn't realize he was a UFA. If Thomas makes a run at him I would be ecstatic, If he signs, I would be the first one with a NY Hughes Jersey in the Buffalo area (trend seem to run about 6 weeks behind here).

But to tell the truth we land Hughes, I see Craw being that Swingman off the bench and we have a Steph-Hughes-Craw rotation which is almost exactly what Zeke wants. I would then use our pick for a center (like Petro or Taft, wherever we land)....I would use KT, TT, and Penny as trade bait.or just let TT and Penny walk (although I tell you what, I wonder if we can ship Penny or TT to LA for Wilcox and bad contracts, although it seems LA doesn't have ANY bad contracts after this season......)

KT/Wilcox/Butler
Sweets/JYD
Ariza/Rose
Hughes/Craw
Marbury/Craw/(Gilchrist/Robinson/Jack???)
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/6/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by TMS:

isn't Hughes an UFA after this season? his salary only shows through this season on Hoopshype.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/washington.htm

if so, why not simply offer him a full MLE type deal to sign here & trade Craw & KT in another trade to get a more proven bigman?

not a bad idea and then draft the best player available. But i dont think that will happen
TMS
USA
3/6/2005  12:23 AM
man, Isiah should slip something into Jerry Buss' drink to make this happen:

- sign Larry Hughes to full MLE
- trade Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Mo Taylor & Jamal Crawford to Lakers for Lamar Odom, Chucky Atkins, Devean George, horrible contract (Brian Grant) & Lakers' lottery protected 1st rounder
- draft best shotblocker on the board in the 1st round & another SG w/the other pick

C - rookie C / Grant
PF - Sweetney / Rose / JYD
SF - Odom / Ariza / George
SG - Hughes / Penny
PG - Marbury / Atkins
IR - Houston / rookie SG

man, Odom & Marbury would be a perfect pick & roll combo, & Hughes will really help the perimeter D along w/Atkins, who can also shoot the ball from downtown...George can be a solid bench player if healthy...i think the Lakers would do well in this trade because they're upgrading at 3 positions while downgrading in only 1 w/Odom leaving...but they also unload Grant's horrible contract.

the trade works in Trade Checker:
L.A. Lakers trades: C Brian Grant (3.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.0 minutes)
PF Lamar Odom (15.6 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 3.6 apg in 36.5 minutes)
Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05)
PG Chucky Atkins (13.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.4 apg in 36.5 minutes)
L.A. Lakers receives: SF Tim Thomas (11.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)
PF Maurice Taylor (7.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.9 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.7 ppg, +3.8 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

New York trades: SF Tim Thomas (11.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.9 minutes)
PF Maurice Taylor (7.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.9 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.8 minutes)
New York receives: C Brian Grant (3.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 15.0 minutes)
PF Lamar Odom (15.6 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 3.6 apg in 36.5 minutes)
Devean George (No games yet played in 2004/05)
PG Chucky Atkins (13.8 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 4.4 apg in 36.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -15.7 ppg, -3.8 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

[Edited by - TMS on 03/06/2005 00:23:54]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
BRIGGS
3/6/2005  12:42 AM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs, take a pill....Kwame has hardly even played this season, KT would let Wash move Jamison to SF, not to mention KT is by far a better player right now and Kwame seems unable to fulfil his potential in Wash. Yes, right now Craw is not as good as Hughes, I admit that but they are not getting just Craw, but KT too.....

It is just something to look at, amigo, and you seem to be the only one so far who doesn't think it is a fair trade, which means either you are smarter than everyone that posted so far or there is always the outside chance that people see the pieces we are giving up as a little more important than you do.

Hey, this is fantasy land, mine yours and everyone else's. Sure it's a good trade for the Knicks, we get 10 YEARS younger 3 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier at the 4+ we get a SG who plays D, can rebound and take it to the hoop better than Craw. Why wouldnt any Knick fan like it? the problem is, Washington would hang up the phone on ya:>(

Kwame has his whole career in front of him, he came from the futures market. thats a big young athletic winning team, why on earth would they want to fck it up?
RIP Crushalot😞
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/6/2005  2:18 AM
if Crawford was worth more than the MLE, why is it that you think Larry hughes isn't?

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
TMS
USA
3/6/2005  2:28 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

if Crawford was worth more than the MLE, why is it that you think Larry hughes isn't?

maybe...it all depends on what the team interested in him is willing to pay...Crawford wasn't getting much more than what the Knicks paid for him from any other team.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/6/2005  2:54 AM
stop coughing! crawford for hughes is a joke. zards are not going to break up the best backcourt in the nba just to suck up a project in work with jamal crawford, why? brown is their project in work and zards are winning with arenas and hughes....not whinning! and if kwame gets traded it will be something much more than kt.
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TMS
USA
3/6/2005  3:04 AM
Arenas & Hughes are the best backcourt in the NBA now? i think yesterday someone else called them the best defensive backcourt by far in the NBA. i guess tomorrow they'll be known as the alltime greatest backcourt to ever play the game of basketball.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
3/6/2005  4:28 AM
^^ tomorrow's competition looks like b.diddy + j.rich + d.fisher
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
joec32033
USA
3/9/2005  5:34 AM
NYPOST

March 9, 2005 -- During July's free- agency period, Isiah Thomas will be searching for a big young center and an athletic combo guard to play with Stephon Marbury and Jamal Crawford. It is why Thomas will have interest in the Wizards' roster.

Wizards guard Larry Hughes and center Kwame Brown are both free agents, the latter restricted. They both will be on Isiah's summer wish list, despite Brown's awful 0-for-8, two-point showing last night in the Knicks' 93-83 win.

The Wizards are notoriously thrifty and may not be able to pay both of them. Raised in Charleston, S.C., Brown said New York could be a consideration, saying, "D.C.'s a big city, every option is open, but now I'm focusing on getting better."

Brown said his first choice is staying in D.C. "We got a nice nucleus of young guys here," he said.

Because of injuries, the 6-11, 243-pound Brown has played just 21 games in his contract year and is raw around the basket, missing a number of bunnies yesterday. But he's got wondrous skills and a great body.

The former No.1 overall pick turns 23 Friday and has yet to justify his status. This season, Brown is averaging just 5.9 points and 4.7 rebounds in 18.3 minutes off the bench. The Wizards are committed long term to big men Brendan Haywood and Etan Thomas, so keeping Brown might not be a priority. Brown makes $5.3 million and a qualifying offer to him — to prevent him from becoming unrestricted — is a hefty $7 million.

Hughes is having a strong year, playing with Gilbert Arenas, averaging 21.6 points. Hughes might be tougher to land in a sign-and-trade, but Thomas is adamant about landing another combo-like guard this summer, figuring Allan Houston's chances of ever returning healthy are a longshot.

"I like the way things are going here [with the Wizards]," Hughes told The Post last night. "I like the way it's happening. This will definitely be my first look — Washington."

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he won't be trading Craw for him but how about some expiring contracts??

TT, KT and a first round pick for a resigned Hughes and Kwame?
TMS
USA
3/9/2005  9:23 AM
i think Kwame is more realistic than Hughes...i don't think WAS will want to break up that duo of him & Arenas...unless of course Hughes' contract demands are just unreasonable.

KT & the Knicks' 1st rounder for Kwame.
What do you think about this?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy