[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2005  1:02 PM
oh no, I think the over 40 league just took over this thread. Lots of names of players I have never seem play before.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2005  1:08 PM
That's right, Martin. I stopped watching All-Star Saturday when they dropped the old-Timers Game!
martin
USA
3/8/2005  2:24 PM
Posted by Marv:

That's right, Martin. I stopped watching All-Star Saturday when they dropped the old-Timers Game!

you didn't stop watching... you fell asleep.
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/8/2005  3:11 PM
am I the only one loving the dueling Zeke Genius v. Disaster threads?

all kool aid all the time.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/8/2005  5:15 PM
Marv - speaking of the Bullets, do you remember the afternoon Phil Chenier capped Clyde in the back of the neck with a forearm? Clyde looked back nonchantly, to see who it was..... and.... didn't flinch.... he simply proceeded to bust about six consecutive jumpers in his face!

Ah, back in the day!

The '67 NBA champion Philadelphia 76ers - coached by one of the orneriest-looking coaches of ALL-Time.... Alex Hannum. But God's gift to basketball fans. was definately the voice of PA announcer Dave Zinkoff

>>it's not about mo taylor's play (all 2 games of it), but it's more about what that move did to our roster and flexibility. that's my knock on the trade.

What?

Flexibility?

It only allowed Sweetney to start. Kurt to love the pick and roll again. Tim Thomas space in the paint without The Statue of Nazr standing in one spot. Jamal more places to look for moving targets (more assists) and Steph more entries into the post.

Sheesh.

What game are you watching?

The trade allowed the roster to breathe.
once a knick always a knick
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  5:31 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Marv - speaking of the Bullets, do you remember the afternoon Phil Chenier capped Clyde in the back of the neck with a forearm? Clyde looked back nonchantly, to see who it was..... and.... didn't flinch.... he simply proceeded to bust about six consecutive jumpers in his face!

Ah, back in the day!

The '67 NBA champion Philadelphia 76ers - coached by one of the orneriest-looking coaches of ALL-Time.... Alex Hannum. But God's gift to basketball fans. was definately the voice of PA announcer Dave Zinkoff

>>it's not about mo taylor's play (all 2 games of it), but it's more about what that move did to our roster and flexibility. that's my knock on the trade.

What?

Flexibility?

It only allowed Sweetney to start. Kurt to love the pick and roll again. Tim Thomas space in the paint without The Statue of Nazr standing in one spot. Jamal more places to look for moving targets (more assists) and Steph more entries into the post.

Sheesh.

flexibility this summer for some deals. it is true, sweetney is starting now (which i'm fearing is a showcase type situation) but regardless, he is starting. i would like to think that if nothing happened at the deadline, he would've been anyway b/c the season was done already.

the only difference between this half and last half is tim thomas. if he's playing like this all season long, it's a different story. we still can't play defense. sweets is still the only guy under the basket. BUT tim is dropping 20ppg.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2005  5:49 PM
>>flexibility this summer for some deals.

DJ - Zeke addede TWO first round picks! Whachoo want The Statue of Liberty?

>>it is true, sweetney is starting now (which i'm fearing is a showcase type situation) but regardless, he is starting.

DJ - what are you so worried about? The more Sweetney plays, the more weight he loses

>>i would like to think that if nothing happened at the deadline, he would've been anyway b/c the season was done already.

DJ - it ain't over til its over

>>the only difference between this half and last half is tim thomas. if he's playing like this all season long, it's a different story.

DJ - if Jamal doesn't get hurt it's a different story. No big deal We're the freakin' Noo Yawk Knicks dammit!

>>we still can't play defense. sweets is still the only guy under the basket.

DJ - wromg again illegal defense breath. Mo Taylor is a load inside.

>>BUT tim is dropping 20ppg.

DJ - not yet. But he can if he wants to. Just gotta eat more red meat and listen to more TI and Lil Jon. Dating Lil Kim would also be a good move.
martin
USA
3/8/2005  6:38 PM
Posted by misterearl:

What?

Flexibility?

Sheesh.

I'm in the agreement mode big-time here. Moving Nazr was a good thing. I would have liked Sweets earn the starting spot, but I guess it's time to move on about that.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/8/2005  6:42 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by misterearl:

What?

Flexibility?

Sheesh.

I'm in the agreement mode big-time here. Moving Nazr was a good thing. I would have liked Sweets earn the starting spot, but I guess it's time to move on about that.
I think Sweetney earned it more so than any other PF on the team.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2005  8:27 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Marv:

you didn't stop watching... you fell asleep.

misterearl
USA
3/9/2005  12:44 PM
"What I'm trying to do is make the money equal the talent. The problem is that the talent hasn't equaled the money, and what I'm trying to do is get players here who have talent and the money justifies the talent."
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2005  12:48 PM
Posted by misterearl:

"What I'm trying to do is make the money equal the talent. The problem is that the talent hasn't equaled the money, and what I'm trying to do is get players here who have talent and the money justifies the talent."
It takes a lot of time when you inherit a $90 mil team with zero talent
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/9/2005  1:08 PM
the impatient ones are not even from N.Y. They are bunch of perpetrators that stop by this board to voice their jealousy towards the good efforts or progress that we are making....don't be hating, show some love....N.Y is on a comeback....believe....
The true Knickabocker..........
misterearl
USA
3/12/2005  10:51 AM
Personality

People grumbled about the Knicks not having a playing personality.

People wanted the Knicks to get tougher defensively

People wanted a more diverse offense that wasn't totally reliant on the jump shot

Isiah adds the studious and professional Malik Rose

Herb guides his deep frontcourt with the steady hand of a Ben Hur

Isiah adds the low post muscle of Mo Taylor and puts Jackie Butler on layaway

The team goes on a tear at home

Yet, rather than see the gradual (along with the mandatory speed bumps) improvement in to the roster, and the growing trust and cohesion on the playing floor

people still complain that its not enough

after just 15 months

[Edited by - misterearl on 03/12/2005 10:53:48]
Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy