[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?
Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/28/2005  2:42 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Where does this ridiculous obsession with The Salary Cap come from?

People act as if this is some fantasy league

Read my lips

It ain't your money

Not to play devil's advocate here, but where do you think that money comes from? When the ticket prices go up $5 a ticket to pay for Mo Taylor, who do you think is really paying that? So, please, think before you speak.
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/28/2005  2:52 PM
the salary cap does have an impact on what this team can do from the perspective of getting new players.

Now- perhaps we should wish for the Knicks to literally blow up and bankrupt cablevision so Dolan has to sell the team.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/28/2005  3:03 PM
I could care less about being under the cap.. it means nothing to me. What means something is that we simply cannot make a trade for a young player. Drew Gooden, Wilcox, whoever.. these guys make $2mm. All our guys make $6mm or more. We cant make trades for young players, even if we are giving up a pick. We ALWAYS have to take back a bull**** contract. It sucks and we have NO flexibility.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/28/2005  3:28 PM
I see Isiah doing everything he can to land a center in the offseason. Like Curry or Bogut. I see Sweetney, #1 first rd pick, #2 first rd pick, Penny or Tim Thomas ending contracts as the pieces dangled to get one.

The Taylor move was made to win now or next yr. And the Rose move though it added two picks will probably be used to win next yr also. Since it will give us the pieces to try and land a center.

The team isn't rebuilding its going for it. And I have no problem with that. As long as they execute. This season there was a lot of hoopla and no results. Next season there needs be some results that we are moving forward.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
2/28/2005  3:46 PM
I can see why people disagree with the Taylor trade, but I can't understand why it's a big deal. The biggest thing we gave up for Taylor was a late second round pick. Maybe there's an outside chance that Herb or Mark light a fire under his rear and he wakes up - that alone is worth a late 2nd round pick.

As far as the cap hit is concerned - we aren't getting under the cap in the next few years with or without Taylor's contract. If Dolan wants to spend the money on it, it's ok with me.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/1/2005  10:45 AM
Mo Taylor delivered more in one game than Vin Baker brought in an entire month

Mailik Rose plays savage defense and gets his mates talking

Tim Thomas suddenly has his groove back

Kurt Thomas has more open looks than he's had in months

Mike Sweetney makes his layups AND his free throws

Penny provides stability

and Trevor Ariza is only 19 with a bullet
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
3/1/2005  10:49 AM
"Not to play devil's advocate here, but where do you think that money comes from? When the ticket prices go up $5 a ticket to pay for Mo Taylor, who do you think is really paying that? So, please, think before you speak."

Solace - Is someone holding you at gunpoint FORCING you, or anyone else, to spend your cash on the Knicks?

Now, it's your turn to think.... if the Salary Cap is that big a deal to you Don't go to the games. Don't spend a dime on Cablevision. Don't buy any Knicks gear.

Feel better now?

[Edited by - misterearl on 03/01/2005 10:51:03]
misterearl
USA
3/8/2005  8:10 AM
Mo Betta Post Play

"I asked Pat about him,'" Williams said yesterday at practice, "and he said, 'No one can stop him in practice.'"

Mo Taylor could make the Dave DeBusshere trade look like child's play.

Who can predict the future of this unpredictible, and lovable, franchise?

Sweetney and Mo Taylor - The Butt Brothers
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
3/8/2005  8:12 AM

Posted by misterearl:

Mo Betta Post Play

"I asked Pat about him,'" Williams said yesterday at practice, "and he said, 'No one can stop him in practice.'"

The true Knickabocker..........
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2005  8:16 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Mo Betta Post Play

C'mon this is very funny. Like the Knicks can stop anybody. The best place to unveil your offensive moves would be at a Knick practice.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2005  8:33 AM
(Iverson: "man, we talkin' bout practice...")

Marv - except for the fact that Patrick Ewing was refrring to Mo being unstoppable at a Rockets practice.

Cool.

Let Mo do his thing and lets see how he meshes with Stephon (16 assists didn't happen by in a vacuum) .... Kurt, Jamal, Trevor, Malik and the rest of his new playmates.

One thing IS certain.

Every last one of the so-called experts who threw tantrums over the trades, are suddenly sounding a LOT more forgiving. Why is that?

"Hey, maybe Isiah knows more about basketball than some bitter hack at The Daily News."

Cardboard Guiness Guys: "Brilliant!"

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2005  8:39 AM
[

That statement is will place you in damnation for eternity!

Marv
3/8/2005  8:39 AM
Posted by misterearl:

(Iverson: "man, we talkin' bout practice...")

Marv - except for the fact that Patrick Ewing was refrring to Mo being unstoppable at a Rockets practice.

Whoops. Nothing like trying to score with a smartass remark and being WRONG.
Nalod
USA
3/8/2005  8:40 AM

Herb Williams said the same thing about Vin Baker earlier in the year!

"The Brothers Butt"

I dig the postitive perspective never the less!
misterearl
USA
3/8/2005  9:06 AM
"That statement is will place you in damnation for eternity!"

Nalod - I thought that would get someone's creative juices going

Dave DeBusschere, one of my all-time favorite Knicks, was the glue that defined the team that brings us together to this day. Who could forget the low-topped white adidas that he sported?

Having said that, what Dave created was that willingness to mix it up inside. Forget the stats for a moment, DeBusshere NEVER backed down against the likes of the brutal Gus Johnson. or the gibraltar-like Lucious Jackson. he stood his ground and fought.

Now....

If, and its a PROVEN "if" Mo HAS the skills to create new opportunities on the low block on offense... which he has demonstrated he can after a month in moth balls..... and if... and it's a HUGE if, he can be encouraged to get his fat butt inside and at LEAST body UP on his man.... and move his feet..... on defense ......

then perhaps the deal doesn't suck so bad after all.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2005  9:10 AM
When Taylor was on the floor, the Knicks outscored the Warriors 63-41.
Nalod
USA
3/8/2005  9:38 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Dave DeBusschere, one of my all-time favorite Knicks, was the glue that defined the team that brings us together to this day. Who could forget the low-topped white adidas that he sported?

Having said that, what Dave created was that willingness to mix it up inside. Forget the stats for a moment, DeBusshere NEVER backed down against the likes of the brutal Gus Johnson. or the gibraltar-like Lucious Jackson. he stood his ground and fought.

Now....

If, and its a PROVEN "if" Mo HAS the skills to create new opportunities on the low block on offense... which he has demonstrated he can after a month in moth balls..... and if... and it's a HUGE if, he can be encouraged to get his fat butt inside and at LEAST body UP on his man.... and move his feet..... on defense ......

Debussure was an allstar in Detroit, and was the player coach at age 24! IN the summer he pitched for the White Sox! The man was legend!

It was an interesting trade, Walt Bellamay was a very good center, and Howard Komives was the point. This is all before my time mind you, I was 6 when this trade "went down". Willis was the Power forward and very mobile at that time. That trade allowed the Rookie Clyde to get minutes and develope into the starter, Willis at center, Cazzie at wing, and Bill Bradley at shooting guard. Cazzie was a big time player at Michigan and really was a dissapointment in the NBA. He was moved, and Bradley moved to the SF.

The point, Drafting players and developing them pushed the starters out, but they had good trade value! That allowed for more picks, and other moves. You have to look a the moves that got the championship players in the 3 years prior to any championship! I forget his first name, but "Donovan" was the architect of that team. He hired Red also! IN 1975 he was hired by the Buffalo Braves and the rest is history. He actually did come back to the knicks, but we were firmly starphuching then and he was ineffective!

I hope we are rebuilding in the manner of youth. I applaude Isiah for seeing the error of his ways and is rebuilding.
tomverve
Member: #878
3/8/2005  9:41 AM
Posted by Nalod:
I forget his first name, but "Donovan" was the architect of that team.

They called him mellow yellow (quite rightly).
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Marv
3/8/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Now....

Speedo!! Now you're talking!! Lucious Jackson, the ultimate power forward. And remember he played next to Wilt!! With Chet Walker as the small forward and Billy C. as the 6th man!!!!!! Good God!!! Backcourt sucked though, right? Only Hal Greer, Wali Jones, Matty Goukas and Larry COstello!!! (Matt and Larry were dufus coaches/GM's but they were real ballers). THe '67 NBA champion Philadelphia 76ers - God's gift to basketball fans.

And speaking of Dave mixin it up, remember when he got the worst broken nose in the history of sports, they thought he was F'g dead? And then he wore maybe the first NBA mask and he only looked crazier and more demented out there? YOu're right, his battles with Gus Johnson were great, but I especially loved it when he went up aginst Cowens.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2005  1:02 PM
Posted by misterearl:

i mean, let's take it into context. by "no one", patrick meant juwan howard and clarence weatherspoon.

it's not about mo taylor's play (all 2 games of it), but it's more about what that move did to our roster and flexibility. that's my knock on the trade.
Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy