[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/28/2005  10:42 AM
Look...ok...maybe 13 and 6 is asking much, but I figured he was 27 entering his prime and working with a top mclass big man coach (apparently) in Aguirre.....his career averages are 12 and 5....I will bring my numbers down to 11 and 5 for him (which I think he can easily attain if he gets time, IMO, he is already averaging 8 and 4 and that was on a JVG coached low scoring team with TMac, Yao, Juwan, Sura....

Either way, I think that his contract is not as unreasonable when taking into account our other contracts (TT, Allan, even Baker and Moochie were GROSSLY overpaid for their production). This guy has a chance to resurrect his career in a no pressure situation (Sweets and KT are the ones under the pressure) and I have to take into account what Aguirre has accomplished with Sweets and Nazr and Ariza that Mo will improve even marginally.
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/28/2005  10:52 AM
if he started I think he would average 12 & 5 at best. He's a better offensive player than Kurt and Sweetney but nowhere near as good a rebounder/defender. I'll take 5 & 3 off the bench for 15mins a game. He's going to be last on the PF depth chart.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/28/2005 10:52:48]
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/28/2005  11:03 AM
Originally posted by gunsnewing:

if he started I think he would average 12 & 5 at best. He's a better offensive player than Kurt and Sweetney but nowhere near as good a rebounder/defender. I'll take 5 & 3 off the bench for 15mins a game. He's going to be last on the PF depth chart.

Amen to that. And if we start using our fouls in the low post, i'm glad we have Rose and Mo T as opposed to vin and nazr.
all kool aid all the time.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2005  11:08 AM
Layden Sucks, Layden sucks! The cheers from fans.

This year is a big disappointment.

The dunce hat, well if one week you say your not adding contrcts, and the next you add 32 million to it, its not anything about African-American leadership, its a numbers game.

Our payroll is $103,500,000. The Spurs $47.5 million. Ours is 21% higher than Portlands, number two on the list.

We are the laughing stock of the league. And, we don't win!

Steinbrenner was lambasted during the 1980's as a meddling fool! He was a clown for many years the team lost, spent big money, and signed stupid players past their prime. Until he handed over operations and built thru the minors did his fortunes change.

Me a hater? I rooted for Layden to make make the needed changes! I root for Isiah to do the same. But I am not about to try to defend Mo T. and try to sell his deal as attractive cuz it expires the same year as Allans! I am not about to defend him just becasue I think the media is beating on him. They bring up some good points from time to time, as well as idiotic diatribe.

Isiah had a vision of bringing in overpaid players whom have not achieved to their potential. These players have huge talent and we got them cuz we took on their contracts. Isiah thought by changing the values of the team, he could install a pride and toughness in them. I like what he is trying to do, but on these players (penny, Marbs, Craw, Vin, and TT) its not working! So its on to plan B, and thats cool.

He is building assets, and that I root for no matter whom has been at the helm of that ship. But mind you, the payroll is not about Black Leadership, its about the largest in pro sports, and one with the least results for the money!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/28/2005  11:11 AM
no offense, but Solace is right. If you dont look at who your playing and how you win your doing yourself a disservice. Hey, maybe we are turning the corner but we just went 5-15 ove a 20 game stretch. To me thats much more telling then winning 3 of 4 against teams that either stink or are coming in with issues.

We have a stretch of games (and a lot of home games) coming up against quality teams. Lets see how they do with the Lakers, Sonics, Wizards, the Heat, Spurs... we have a lot of tough games.

We have 26 games left... lets see the Knicks go 16-8 and I will be inpressed. That of course leaves us with 39 wins and a lousy draft picks but maybe we see if Sweetney can play or the kid we just signed has something.

The problem is there is ZERO carry over to next year. The worst you were the harder you work and the more hungry you get. I would rather be dreadfull and get the high pick.

I can see Rose/JYD/KT start to take over the frontcourt because those are the guys that will give Herb the most of what he wants to see. One thing about Jackie Butler.. Rose/JYD/KT are exactly the kind of players you want your young guys around.

Isiah has made some good moves but the Mo Taylor trade is a total headscratcher... its just bad no ways around it
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
2/28/2005  11:13 AM
wasn't it 5-20?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/28/2005  11:18 AM
Posted by misterearl:

"We beat a just above .500 Pacers, a undermanned Sixers and the Bobcats and we're getting excited?

Solace - have you ever been to a museum and taken more than thirty seconds to actually view, and think about, one work of art?

When was the last time you listened to John Coltrane play, "My Favorite Things"?

Pay attention to the positive changes that Isiah has made to the culture of the Knicks, however small in your tantrum-laced views, that affect the future of our beloved franchise.

Pay close attention.

You mighht miss it

"You speak to me in riddles, you speak to me in rhymes..." I can see why you chose your screen name, guy. Regardless, you can sugarcoat it however you like. However, when it comes right down to it, it's all about results. When we were 16-13, we had the second easiest schedule in the entire league. When we faced tougher teams, we sunk. We had a few easier games again, and we won. Now, we have a little bit tougher competition coming up. Prove it by winning. Like Fish said, 16-8 would be reasonable for you to say that this team is on the right track.

To make a positive judgement after beating teams whose combined average winning percentage is probably about .400 is pretty silly, IMHO. We beat the bottom of the barrel. I get no joy out of those wins. If we're striving to be better than mediocre, we have to raise the bar just a tad bit higher.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/28/2005  11:19 AM
Itsk ok guys, according to RVHoss the addition of Malik Rose will make us win close games, and cause to make the 2nd round.

Every day there are stupider and stupider posts here.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
gunsnewing
USA
2/28/2005  11:24 AM
the only reason Im more optimistic is because I saw things I haven't seen all year during that pacers game. Herb had eveery single player playing hard and adding Malik Rose will only make he defense even better because you can never have enough Maliks and JYDs!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/28/2005  11:27 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/28/2005 10:52:48]

If we have to put KT mostly at center and Sweets starts, we are splitting time between JYD, Taylor and Malik. Now if this kid Zeke just signed works out, Maybe we have a good problem on our hands, and you are right, if Taylor is last on the depth chart he won't get time, but Until then, KT and Taylor may be maniing the center spot, and Taylor is there only because of his size....that means Sweets, JYD and Malik are vying for time at PF and JYD, Malik, Trev and TT are vying for time at SF....maybe...

I'll retract my statement and refine it a little more...If Mo earns time and proves that he should get time I don't see why he can't average 12 and 5, especially if he and Sweets are our only down low threats (like I said this is only if that kid doesn't work out and Aguirre can help Mo get it together), I like JYD and Malik, but IMO, Mo has more talent and potential than both.
~You can't run from who you are.~
gunsnewing
USA
2/28/2005  11:33 AM
I think Rose is a better option at backup center and thats where he'll play i think. This team needs defense more than offense. If Taylor plays and rose and jyd dont we'll lose every game. If we have another letdown and decide to go back to tanking starting Taylor might be a good idea. Because then we'll give up 100pts every game and lose.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/28/2005 11:36:45]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/28/2005  11:40 AM
Malik just like JYD can play at least three positions. Those two are no problems. We can play both of them at SF/PF/C. Penny can play 3 positions and both Marb and Crawf can play 2 positions. Are we versatile? yes we are. Herb has a pretty good problem to deal with, but he is savvy enough to know who to have on the court. When you can play defense in this league, you have a pretty good chance at getting into games.

I predict that Mo Taylor will be a pretty big part of what the Knicks are trying to do. Don't be suprise if TT is traded and both Malik and Mo are retained...
The true Knickabocker..........
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/28/2005  12:21 PM
Posted by simrud:

Itsk ok guys, according to RVHoss the addition of Malik Rose will make us win close games, and cause to make the 2nd round.

Every day there are stupider and stupider posts here.

why you always hatin'? atleast use a dictionary.

It's "more stupid", and Rose's playoff experience will be the calming voice in the huddle.

If we go 16 - 9 over the next 25, get your lip balm, cause you will be sucking my....

damn, I've turned into you! Well, atleast I can be kept grounded by more intelligent posters that still think isiah is a goof...you on the other hand, I'm not sure what your problem is.
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/28/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I think Rose is a better option at backup center and thats where he'll play i think. This team needs defense more than offense. If Taylor plays and rose and jyd dont we'll lose every game. If we have another letdown and decide to go back to tanking starting Taylor might be a good idea. Because then we'll give up 100pts every game and lose.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/28/2005 11:36:45]

ROFLMAO!!!!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/28/2005  12:51 PM
Posted by simrud:

Way to overlook the reason the "haters" are actually uspet, the Mo Taylor trade.

We picked up a bloated contract bum, gave up a 2nd round pick, for no reason whatsoever.

Now we have Sweetney and Rose at PF, each one clearly better then Mo no defesen, no rebouning, no heart, Taylor.

But the Knicks managed to beat a team today, a team w/out its starting PG, w/out its starting C, w/ arguably its best player out for the season, so IT is the man.

Man, haters really don't know what they are talkin bout.

Holy &*(*, when did Ron Artest become their best player, are you his agent? And I guess their center just dominates, damn the Knicks were lucky.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/28/2005  1:28 PM
If we go 16 - 9 over the next 25
we will get a lousy lottery pick and probably miss another chance at a franchise caliber player

Artest is a top 10 NBA player like it or not. Oneil may be their best but its very easy to argue that Arest is their most important.

They arent the same without him. He virtually locks down whoever the coach askes him too.. PGs, SGs, SFs, PFs... and then goes and gets you 18/7 on the other end.

If he wasnt a mental case he would be recognized right up there with the Kobe, TMac, whoever crowd.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
2/28/2005  1:35 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Hammered maybe.

But did you ever read a Scott Layden headline like "DUNCE CAP"

or

"Dollars and No Sense"

Why not?

Was The Knicks Salary Cap his mess or someone else's?

You know why, because most of Layden moves, the media by far agreed with. Trading for McDyess was like a no brainer. Those morons that work for the Post, people at the WFAN for most part was like yeah. Shandon Anderson, signing Houston to $100 million, was all agreed with. When Layden did it, the story "well the Knicks are never going to get under the cap anyway...", but now, the Knicks spending is closing watch by the media. The Knicks been over the cap for 9 years.
Pharzeone
2/28/2005  1:51 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Layden Sucks, Layden sucks! The cheers from fans.

This year is a big disappointment.

The dunce hat, well if one week you say your not adding contrcts, and the next you add 32 million to it, its not anything about African-American leadership, its a numbers game.

Our payroll is $103,500,000. The Spurs $47.5 million. Ours is 21% higher than Portlands, number two on the list.

We are the laughing stock of the league. And, we don't win!

Steinbrenner was lambasted during the 1980's as a meddling fool! He was a clown for many years the team lost, spent big money, and signed stupid players past their prime. Until he handed over operations and built thru the minors did his fortunes change.

Me a hater? I rooted for Layden to make make the needed changes! I root for Isiah to do the same. But I am not about to try to defend Mo T. and try to sell his deal as attractive cuz it expires the same year as Allans! I am not about to defend him just becasue I think the media is beating on him. They bring up some good points from time to time, as well as idiotic diatribe.

Isiah had a vision of bringing in overpaid players whom have not achieved to their potential. These players have huge talent and we got them cuz we took on their contracts. Isiah thought by changing the values of the team, he could install a pride and toughness in them. I like what he is trying to do, but on these players (penny, Marbs, Craw, Vin, and TT) its not working! So its on to plan B, and thats cool.

He is building assets, and that I root for no matter whom has been at the helm of that ship. But mind you, the payroll is not about Black Leadership, its about the largest in pro sports, and one with the least results for the money!

As a Yankee fan, I can admit this. If there was a salary cap in baseball like bb, I think the Yanks would have about 2 rings not 4. And definately not in the post season every year. If vice versa was true, the Knicks under Dolan would be an elite team every year. The salary cap makes you accountable. To be honest the Yankees over the last couple of years have made more bad decisions than the Knicks but ... one is an apple the other an orange.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/28/2005  2:40 PM
Where does this ridiculous obsession with The Salary Cap come from?

People act as if this is some fantasy league

Read my lips

It ain't your money

once a knick always a knick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/28/2005  2:41 PM
Posted by misterearl:

newyorknewyork - Getting out of the first rd is the lowest result im looking for next season.

This season isn't over yrt

newyorknewyork - But that Taylor move definatly cut it shorter than it once was. That move was just horrible.

Horrible?

Did the Knicks win or not?

newyorknewyork - "And if he didn't land 2 picks in the Rose deal I think I would have thrown up. "

Save your bile. The Knicks have two first round picks.

newyorknewyork - "When you make moves like that results better follow or he will continue to get blasted.

The Knicks won. Big game tonight

"we were depending on Dice knee to save us, and we were in salary cap hell.

newyorknewyork - Scott Layden was depending on Dice knee to save us

This season isn't over yrt

You asked me what would big results for next season be so I answerd your question. Getting out of the first rd is the lowest result im looking for.

Did the Knicks win or not?

Are you trying to tell me that trading for Taylor is the reason we won that game???

Save your bile. The Knicks have two first round picks.

I didn't mind the Rose deal. But if we didn't make the Rose deal and get the 2 picks I would have thrown up over the Taylor deal.

The Knicks won. Big game tonight

Do you seriously see this team currently contructed defeating Detroit, Miami, Philly, Indy, Boston, Cleveland in a 4 game series. Cuz I sure as hell don't. And if we don't do any moves in the offseason we won't be able to compete with those teams next yr either.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy