[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/27/2005  10:20 AM
We have everythign IT has promised us????

I give up, your stupidity has no bounds.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/27/2005  10:22 AM
let me get this straight...this guy can call me a moron and tell me to get zeke penis out of my face and I call someone a chump and get ambushed.

Oh, I see how it is now.

Simrod, everything you say is completely correct.

laydens knicks never quit (though van gundy ran for the hills)
we should fire Isiah ASAP and we should lose the rest of our games on purpose to get a top 5 pick.

My bad...I though this was a knick board, seems more like a Net board.

Have you ever said something positive or are you one of those divorced ex college athletes that blew out his knee and takes it out on real fans?

I don't feel the need to justify my support of the knicks, I think my posts speak for themselves.

hater.
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  10:23 AM
Posted by simrud:

I give up, your stupidity has no bounds.

Another intelligent post.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/27/2005  10:26 AM
A divorced college athlete??
hahahahahahaa

Man, how do you even come up with that for an insult.

Is that like the worst thign in the world to you, to be a former college athlet and divorced?

Man, you need help before you go complelty of your rocker.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  10:31 AM
reading more, seems more like a high school kid with no parental guidance.

Keep on hatin...it's gonna be great when we get to the second round of the playoffs and your bashing isiah for not having a center to go up against shaq.

Hey, I'm not the only one that things you are more anti fan then fan...and trying to bait me into posting childish comments like yours are useless...

I'm a fan.

Hater.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/27/2005  10:36 AM
Posted by misterearl:

"The truth is that all of us expected better results by this point and they're not there.

"All of us"?

Solace - how many ganes (total) have been lost to injury?

Speak for yourself.

Every team in this league has injuries! Our best player was healthy and the rest of our crew is role players and a guy who we all said we weren't banking on having play this season (Allan Houston). You want a number of how many games I'd say we lost to injuries? I'd say maybe one or two. There's a lot of teams in this league that caught the injury bug far worse than us (like the Nets).
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/27/2005  10:46 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

Sorry for using the term "hatin".

I should be using the term, impatient angry people.

The knicks have done everything Isiah said they would do...in 14 months we are younger and more athletic.

We have an awesome point guard. We play with passion every night.

Obviously, the problem was wilkins all along. When you lose close games, it's due to execution, that falls on the coach.

I mean, we lost like 15 games by less than 6 points, a bunch at the buzzer.

and you guys are like Eff Zeke!!! Trade KURT!!!

I mean, it's been 14 months.

Hater.

Wow. The rationalization game going on here is nuts. Let me get this straight: Everything that went wrong is Lenny's fault, but as far as Isiah goes, he's done everything he said he would. Huh?

I can't speak for everyone else, but my problem with Isiah is these days is the plan seems to change every day. What is the plan, exactly? I know what my plan would be, but what is Isiah's? According to the "non-haters" he's a genius who is using Mo Taylor to propel us to the playoffs? Are you kidding me? Did you ever think that the reason the team is playing better might have something to do with the pressure being off and the trade deadline having passed? That's the real reason Tim and Kurt look so much better these last two games.

As for calling people "haters" who want an actual plan in place to oh, I don't know, WIN FORTY GAMES IN A SEASON, that's just stupid. To act like people who want some sort of financial reasoning, planning for the future and shrewd judgements for the present are somehow rooting against the team is immature.

You're calling us angry and impatient? Excuse me? The season is over! If they rally to make the 8th seed, they'll be swept by the Heat or the Pistons and we'll be right back where we were last summer. I would say people irrationally rooting for victories in a lost season are the angry, impatient ones. Patient people know that losing and taking some lumps is actually the quickest way to long-term improvement. I learned this in 2002-3 when Dyess went down and they started 1-8 without Spree, I was hoping Spree would be traded or held out longer so the team would have a legit chance at Bron or Melo. Of course, the team "played the right way" and "played hard" and was .500 the rest of the way. They missed the playoffs and got a crappy lotto pick. Wahoo. Cleveland had a "worse" season and got Bron. Miami got Wade. Denver got Melo.

We're on the same course once again this year. We'll show our "heart" and "play gritty" down the stretch because we can afford more mediocre veterans than anyone else and come June, Atlanta will get Bogut, New Orleans will get Marvin Williams, GSW will get Chris Taft and the Knicks will have all the memories of winning a few extra meaningless games in February and March and four more years of Malik Rose.

Look, I'm all for supporting the team, but to call anyone who doesn't support the recent moves a "hater" is retarded. What do you FANS think you're rooting for? Respect? Pride? Well, congrats. Four wins in six games and not a single win against a team over .500, or even one that wasn't missing one of its two best players. Meanwhile, the "haters" are watching every game, knowing that each win puts this franchise another year in the hole. Have fun on your way to 36 wins and the 10th pick, FANS.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/27/2005  10:57 AM
as briggs said, we had our starting PG, PF, and C (arguable the 3 best players on the team) for most of the season and we were still 8-10 games under .500.

i constantly defended marbury on this site. and i constantly defended isiah on this site. but after what has gone down this past deadline, it's obvious to me that isiah is not the "genius" GM we need. he may turn out to be a decent one but we need a top flight GM to fix what is going on here.

payroll DOES matter and at some point, it needs to become manageable. and that doesn't mean get under the cap but at least manageable. how many times are we going to be using expiring deals only to take back nastier deals in the long run? how many times are we going to acquire players solely for the fact that they expire in a certain year (and not even next)?!?!? you all know how tough it is trying to trade a player making $10+ mil. if you have a roster of players making in the $5-8 mil range, then you have some type of flexibility moving them.

we have holes at every position, whether it's a starter or bench. those that support the trades and don't think the payroll is that important for now, this would've been my proposed plan:

1. not make ANY deals this deadline.
2. BUY a late 1st round pick (giving us both our pick around #6 and one in the 20's) and draft the best PF/SG/SF/PG in that order. and another player with the 2nd round, giving us 3 rookies.
3. see if nazr + vin + moochie can get you anything via a sign and trade (swift, kwame). if they can't, i buy out moochie. nazr is still a decent player with value and who's value can go up at the deadline. you keep vin around for some deadline trade flexibility (if there's a firesale).
4. see if you can get a young big via the MLE (gadz or hunter).

now you're looking at a roster like this:

steph
jamal
ariza
kurt/sweets
nazr
rookie 1
rookie 2
rookie 3
tim
penny
vin
MLE or LLE pickups

then you let tim and penny expire. if you can't parlay nazr and vin into anything, you can let them expire or resign nazr cheap (around $5 mil/year). now you're payroll in somewhere in the $80 mil range after next season.

you try to buy another pick in the 2006 draft and get two more rookies. so after that season, we now have the same unit, with 5 players drafted the previous 2 years, ariza, and sweets along with marbury, jamal, kurt and with h20 coming off the books, the cap is now around $65 mil range.

in the meantime if a firesale deal comes along, you make it. or you see what you have in sweets and the picks and make a draft day deal. the plans i just outlined all are viable and can happen without the two deals made last week.

at this point, my confidence in isiah is definitely being questioned. i'm still in a wait and see approach to see what he does this summer but if he's going to go all out and try to use a combo tim, penny, sweets and picks and try to get some "stud" player, it still doesn't guarantee our division b/c we still have so many holes to fill. that's not the route i want to take.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 02/27/2005 10:57:52]
TheFuture
Member: #807
Bangladesh
2/27/2005  11:00 AM
I think Zeke made the trades with the summer and draft day in mind.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/27/2005  11:00 AM
"I can't speak for everyone else, but my problem with Isiah is these days is the plan seems to change every day. What is the plan, exactly? "

Cryzups - other than the bleatings of the press....why are people so hung up on a "plan?"

What General Manager, in his right mind, exposes his so-called "PLANS" so the same competition he's forced to make deals wtih. The NBA is a high stakes poker game not some sewing circle of old ladies playing canasta. in their spare time

There is no freakin' plan.

The plan is to win.

Something don't work... you change it.

Exactly what Isiah is doing.

Sheesh

once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  11:01 AM
"You want a number of how many games I'd say we lost to injuries? I'd say maybe one or two. "

solace - you're kidding right?
TheFuture
Member: #807
Bangladesh
2/27/2005  11:02 AM
Exactly misterearl !!! you nailed it !!
djsunyc
2/27/2005  11:08 AM
i don't care what isiah says to the media b/c actions speak louder than words.

but his actions do indicate he's not 100% sure what he IS or trying to do.

he makes a deal to get 2 future draft picks. a justifiable trade to build for the future.

then he makes a deal GIVING UP a 2nd rounder AND deals that were to expire this summer for a SOFT player with an extra year AND at a position we already have crazy depth in.

what message is that sending to the fans? i interpret that in a bad light and shows that he's not a smart a GM as we need here to fix the awful situation he was thrusted into. like i said, he could be a decent GM but we don't need a decent GM. we need a stud GM that's smart, patient, and knows what he's doing.
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  11:12 AM
When Isiah played the point ion Detroit he was ALWAYS looking ahead to how a play would develop. It's unfortunate, that for too many crybabies who can't see past their runny noses, that the amzing transformation (that most KNEW was impossible) has not only netted a competitive team AND

a bundle of attractive draft picks for the future.

NO ONE though you could do both. Certainly not Scott Layden who failed miserably. But when did people EVER display the evnom towards Layden in his first 14 months as the Knicks slid steadily downhill?

The hand-wringing over ever transaction is living proo there is absolutely NO patience for a total rebuiold in New York.

You CAN'T blow up a franchise

I DARE any poster to describe a more feasible 14 month plan given the Knicks (inheited ) Salary Cap.

Anyone.

It is hate because the press resents the salaries the players are paid. It resents the fact they ae stuck wrting about what they perecive as spoied, ignorant kids with one-dimensional skills and absolutely no right claim to such material riches. or attention

It is hate because most general market press resents African American leadership. Period.

Its the same media that depicts the new Mets in racial terms instead of improved talent.

It's just reality

No big deal.
djsunyc
2/27/2005  11:17 AM
Posted by misterearl:

When Isiah played the point ion Detroit he was ALWAYS looking ahead to how a play would develop. It's unfortunate, that for too many crybabies who can't see past their runny noses, that the amzing transformation (that most KNEW was impossible) has not only netted a competitive team AND

a bundle of attractive draft picks for the future.

NO ONE though you could do both. Certainly not Scott Layden who failed miserably. But when did people EVER display the evnom towards Layden in his first 14 months as the Knicks slid steadily downhill?

The hand-wringing over ever transaction is living proo there is absolutely NO patience for a total rebuiold in New York.

You CAN'T blow up a franchise

I DARE any poster to describe a more feasible 14 month plan given the Knicks (inheited ) Salary Cap.

Anyone.

It is hate because the press resents the salaries the players are paid. It resents the fact they ae stuck wrting about what they perecive as spoied, ignorant kids with one-dimensional skills and absolutely no right claim to such material riches. or attention

It is hate because most general market press resents African American leadership. Period.

Its the same media that depicts the new Mets in racial terms instead of improved talent.

It's just reality

No big deal.

wow

i guess it's misterearl's way or the highway...
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2005  11:35 AM
Earl, I like your post. You bring up deep and smart issues. But I would point to a major factor that I think you're overlooking - personality dynamics. Isiah has always, and I mean always been a guy who provokes strong reactions from people. Coming out of high school, at Indiana U, all through his playing days in the NBA, and certainly in his career since. Drama, drama, drama always follows this guy. He's a fascinating guy to me and he always always kicks up a hell of a lot of dust around himself. I loved the Bad Boys, and one thing I always thought was cool was the pairing of Joe D with Zeke. I doubt there's been any bashing of Joe in Detroit as a GM just like there was never any controversy or provocativeness about him during his career. He's got a totally different personality and style than Isiah.
BigC
Member: #829
2/27/2005  11:41 AM
I think we really have to wait and see what happens this offseason to question Isiahs moves and GM abilities.
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  11:42 AM
"personality dynamics. Isiah has always, and I mean always been a guy who provokes strong reactions from people.

Marv - thanks for the kind words. So, let's deal with Isiah a minute. Why does George Steinbrenner evoke similar "stroong reactions" but has never been characterized by personal insults?

Yes, the Yankees have won, and won big (WITTHOUT a Salary Cap I might add) but we're talking about personality right? In the immortal words of Allan Iverson, "not the game, not even practice, we're talkin' bout personality"

Strong reactions don't bother me one bit so long as Isiah is working the phones and able to garner the respect of his peers long enough to swing another deal.

This is New York. You are either strong or you gets trampled just walking down the sidewalk.

For that reason alone, Zeke is an an honorary New Yorker because he refuses to be trampled on by the same press that resents his confident smile. What else is there to hate? Hell, Knicks fans forgave Spree for choking PJ. and welcomed him with open arms.

Strong personality? Without question.

And Spree STILL gotta feed his kids.

But Spree was simply a basketball player and not an NBA executive.

Isiah is a walking target. I am just amazed at how many people buy into the lynchmob and don't have the patienece to watch a team evolve right before their bloodshot eyes.

The fact is the Knicks are better today than they were last week.

Nazr was tall, but a stiff. who blew FAR too many inside shots. He improved from his days in Atlanta (where I watched him) but not enough for Isiah to take him into the future. No big deal, You gots to go son. It's business.

Besides, since when was having a strong personality in New York a crime?

I STILL dare anyone to present a better 14 month plan for the Noo Yawk Knicks.....

I double dog dare you.

[Edited by - misterearl on 02/27/2005 11:50:51]
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by BigC:

I think we really have to wait and see what happens this offseason to question Isiahs moves and GM abilities.

This is all that I am saying.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/27/2005  11:52 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Why does George Steinbrenner evoke similar "stroong reactions" but has never been characterized by personal insults?

Earl, I remember GS getting hammered mercilessly. He was as vilified and hated and showered with personal insults as GWB is now by us blue-staters . When he pulled that sh#t with the illegal contributions to the Republican party and got suspended, when he hired that moron goon to tail and nail Winfield, his BS with Billy Martin and Reggie, the guy was seen as the freaking anti-Christ! the 2 things that saved him were that smart baseball people finally overrode his idiotic decisions and that our culture became so money-obsessed and conservative.
Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy