[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?
Author Thread
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
2/27/2005  12:50 AM
Knicks lose 2 in a row "Glad we losing we gonna get a high pick"

Knicks win 2 in a row "Isiah is a genius"

What is it already???? One or the other???
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/27/2005  12:51 AM
Posted by Mac:

Shouldn't really look into the last two wins as signs to come. Philly was undermanned, Indiana played last night in Indiana. Neither view NY as a threat, wrote this game off.

if you can't see that this team is going to play better now that Nazr is gone and Rose's infectious play is rubbing off on his teammates then you are looking at it the wrong way and lets face it we all knew this knicks team had some talent, the problem was motivation. Now they are finally playing hard. So expect to win more games now. This is a different team then the team that consisted of Nazr/baker/norris.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/27/2005 00:53:37]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/27/2005  12:56 AM
So let me guess Dido, now you are going to post how your boy Mo will have a breakout game every day???

Kinda like you posted for half the season how your bot TT will have a breakout game?

Since you a beleaver in superstitions and such, maybe its all your fault that TT sucked, you keapt jinxing him, and now you jinxed Mo.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/27/2005  1:02 AM
first game, break out...haters 0 - fans 2
all kool aid all the time.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2005  1:36 AM
Add Mo T. to Anfernee, and Miss Gazy. Real pro's! What are we talking about 35-40 mil a year for those three?

If Mo T. is good enough for Dido, then he is good enough for me!
Ira
Member: #91
2/27/2005  4:20 AM
Maurice Taylor is not a great player. But so what. We gave up a late 2nd round pick and a couple of useless players for him. Don't you thinke he's worth that?

A late 2nd rounder + Vin + Moochie = Nothing + Nothing + Nothing.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/27/2005  9:37 AM

"To that end, so far Isiah is an idiot, but that could change. "

Rich - the only idiots are the people who think you win a championship after one year of transition.

The Knicks were terminally mediocre. under Layden and since Isiah Thomas does'nt fix it withing 14 months crybabies like you throw immature tantrums. and mean-spirited insults.

Isiah an idiot?

Go look in the mirror Rich
once a knick always a knick
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  9:44 AM
knicks win 4 of last 6,
currently 5 games out of 3 place (win the atlantic)
but even more intriguing, they are

- 5.5 out of the number 8 seed
- 6 out of the number 7 seed

Isiah just made us better for TODAY and the FUTURE.

Genius. Get off his back.

eff the lottery...there is only one shot blocking big and he wants to stay in mourmon country (Utah) so it's not looking like we will be getting him ... Oh wait, we have two first round picks and expiring deals...maybe we still have a chance...

[Edited by - rvhoss on 02/27/2005 09:52:47]
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2005  9:44 AM
WOW!!! Knicks win a home game agains a team barely over .500 coming off a B2B with 2 starters out of the line up. Yes.. Genius indeed.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  9:50 AM
Posted by fishmike:

WOW!!! Knicks win a home game agains a team barely over .500 coming off a B2B with 2 starters out of the line up. Yes.. Genius indeed.

and playing two new players that were just acquired, without a shot blocking big and their tallest player is Tiny Tim. In 14 months, the knicks are winning.

If isiah did nothing our cap figure would have been 108 million next year, now it's 109 million and we have 4 number ones and are beginning to put together a run.

These pacers at full strength are the leagues elite. Give them a break.

Also, if nazr hits that last second shot (Mo T would have hit it) we would have won 5 out of last six.

Get a grip...this is hte same team you all loved when we were 16 - 13, one bad month and the bandwagon is empty.

Well, I'm glad...more room for me.

Mo T hasn't played since Mid January and everyone is judging his first game back. Jeez.

Haters 0, Real Knick Fans 4 out of last 6

Quit hatin. Unless you have a magic ball at your disposal...I'm not sure what all the cryin is all about.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 02/27/2005 09:51:59]

[Edited by - rvhoss on 02/27/2005 09:53:11]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2005  9:53 AM
I give Isiah the benefit of the doubt until I read articles that might suggest he is flying by the seat of his pants and backpeddles often.

Isiah might be totally clueless. If we are using Layden as a bench mark we need to raise the bar. Layden created a mess, but he had a mess handed to him also. He had to dispose of Glenn Rice which was the why he made some bad deals. Seems to undo a bad deal, you have to make more bad deals to dilute the previous.

This is not hating, its reality!

I think was over ambitious last year thinking he could bring the malcontents together and create something. Now he is dismantling and having to rebuild it the right way. I think had he thought the better of it, he would have been a little futher alone the process.

Reezy has really bailed him out regarding losing last years pick. Reezy should be better than Kirk Snyder whom Utah picked using the pick we gave PHX.

But Isiah is really making a mess with Dolans money in the interm.
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  9:59 AM
Trust me...it's hatin.

The only thing you guys are all mad about is that we aren't throwing in the towel. (like layden's knicks)

I think we can make up 6 games and make the playoffs.

I'm a fan...You should try it, it's Fan-Tastic!
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  10:07 AM
Posted by simrud:

I still see no respone to why Mo Taylor is on this team right now.

And please don't give me the 2008 Houston crap. Why get a player that can't help you at all, just to have him expire?

I always read your posts and think, this guy can see into the future...He already knows that Mo Taylor is not going to contribute at all.

Man, that's awesome...we should have kept vin on the team and continue to have him accumulate DNP's.

Yeah, good one.

Shut yo mouth.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/27/2005  10:08 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

Trust me...it's hatin.

When you make silly general comments like that, how are we supposed to take you seriously?

The truth is that all of us expected better results by this point and they're not there. No one is calling to abandon ship (yet), but let's be realistic: if your boss promised you a 10% raise next year and delivered a 2% salary cut instead, wouldn't you be doubting his leadership abilities? Bingo. In order to win in this business, you have to deliver. So far Isiah has not delivered. That doesn't mean he won't or he can't, but people's patience in obviously waning, because so far his team has not done what, even he, thought/said it would do. That's difficult to swallow.
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  10:12 AM
"But Isiah is really making a mess with Dolans money in the interm."

Nalod - you act as if it's YOUR freakin' money.

Gimme a break.

The goal is to get better. Given the restraints of the salry cap, you don't accomplish that process overnight.

Please enlighten us, other than sit around for five years and suck miserably... what would you have done?

Anyone?
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  10:16 AM
"Isiah might be totally clueless."

The only people who are clueless are the booger-picking, self-appointed, rotissiere hypnotized, juvenile attention-span "General Managers" who couldn't formulate a single decent REALISTIC transaction if they were in front of a firing squad.

Isiah has been on the job 14 months and the BEST people can do is hurl personal insults at him?

Let the team play ball.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/27/2005  10:17 AM
RV with your every post I wonder more and more if you evern even seen a bball game.

Layden's Knicks tanked? Did you even follow that team? They never tanked that was the problem with them you moron.

We are 5 games out the Atlantic? Do you not realize that we are 10 games below .500, who cares how far behidn are we, that is just pathetic, in any conference.

We soemhow overcame the absence of a terrible player like Mohammed, who btw was THE KEY TO THE DEAL, and now everybody is saying how our sucking has been all his fault. If that is true, then IT has messed yet again with the KVH trade.

We somehow overcame the addition of 2 bench guys??? Get out of here man, you don't know anything, all you do is blurt out hater this and hater that, and you are yet to make a valid basketball point.

What are you like 12 years old and just started watching bball cause the Knicks suddenly were relevant again for a few months after the Marbury trade???
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  10:17 AM
"The truth is that all of us expected better results by this point and they're not there.

"All of us"?

Solace - how many ganes (total) have been lost to injury?

Speak for yourself.

rvhoss
Switzerland
2/27/2005  10:18 AM
Sorry for using the term "hatin".

I should be using the term, impatient angry people.

The knicks have done everything Isiah said they would do...in 14 months we are younger and more athletic.

We have an awesome point guard. We play with passion every night.

Obviously, the problem was wilkins all along. When you lose close games, it's due to execution, that falls on the coach.

I mean, we lost like 15 games by less than 6 points, a bunch at the buzzer.

and you guys are like Eff Zeke!!! Trade KURT!!!

I mean, it's been 14 months.

Hater.
misterearl
USA
2/27/2005  10:19 AM
"I give Isiah the benefit of the doubt until I read articles that might suggest he is flying by the seat of his pants and backpeddles often."

Solace - if you allow the idiots who write ONLY to make deadlines and sell papers to to do your thinking for you... well... you're in more desperate trouble than I thought

Think for yourself for a change

You might like it
Could It Be That Isiah Is A Basketball Genius?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy